Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lyrical Master

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Dre's Driving Lessons : Drifting

Drifting in TrackMania Nations Forever

What is Drifting ?

For those who don't know, drifting is a driving technique which consists of turning your car sideways to let it slide on the ground.

why drifting in TrackMania Nations Forever ?

Besides being as cool and stylish as it is in Need For Speed or in 2 fast 2 Furious, drifting in Trackmania can give you a slight advantage that shouldn't be underestimated in some bends. And remember that when you play online, people are not always able to break the nadeo time in 5 minutes. That being said , knowing how to drift properly in basic bends will enable you to release the gas on difficult parts of the map. (When you need to avoid pillars for instance)

When to drift?

You can drift almost all the time as there are actually several drifting techniques. However , some situations make drifting comfortable and you should therefore automatically think of using it.

When you have to take a >45° turn, you MUST drift. I know taking bends the normal way , that is to say releasing gas and/or braking BEFORE the turn to make you able to accelerate through the whole corner is tempting , and should be done in 90% of cases but sometimes you'd rather not bother wasting time decreasing your speed.

How to drift?

First of all and this is of capital importance , you MUST rebind the brake key. Inded you will have to press 'GAS' and 'BRAKE' simultaneously. I don't know about you but I find it difficult to press 'UP' and 'DOWN' arrows at the same time. Unfortunately some keyboards won't allow you to press more than two keys simultaneously and your computer will start beeping. I can't press UP , LEFT and SPACE for example, I had to find a key ( 'y' ) that works. Don't ask me why this one works and many others don't , I ain't got no clue but keep looking for one.

Dre would you stop the chit chat now and tell us how to drift ?

Absolutely. This is actually easy to make but difficult to master because it all depends on your speed , on the bend angle and on the position you need to prepare correctly the NEXT turn.

But remember to:

• press DIRECTION, GAS and BRAKE at the exact same time when you're real fast ( first bend in the clip )

• press DIRECTION and GAS a little before pressing BRAKE when you're not fast enough ( second bend in the clip )

• press DIRECTION and GAS a little before pressing BRAKE and try to slide on the small green part of the road called the "Rammstein" when you're as slow as Duke or to give you a nice start ( first bend in the clip )

[yt]qgA32asnlxo[/yt]

How to practice ?

Trackmania Nations Forever implements a great feature that permits you to play against replays as ghosts.

So just download and exctract my 9KB replay in C:\Documents and settings\Your Name\MyDocuments\Trackmania\Tracks\Replays\ , launch the game , click on "edit" in the main menu , then "edit a replay" then select the replay and click on "launch" and finally "play".

Or if you're as lazy as me , just extract it wherever you want and double click on it It will launch the game and a small pop up window will apear , select "play against" and have fun

This one doesn't need to be pinned as more are coming soon and everyone can do some if they find helpful techniques.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr. Dre; 07.05.2008 at 22:15.

Running Bitch

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

man you rock great work i will try it this night
    ~WROOOOAAAMM!! sig made by Stif back in the days

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

woow nice work man

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

ahmed is such a kind guy, always try helping noobs

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Elite Member

Downloads: 17  Uploads: 0

Drifting RoX great work Dre

|Limited Edition|

nice
    ~ never never stop stop.

growl...

well i was making understeer trick but i dont have to now

VPN Elite

lol after watching that vid i noticed that i played this game already hmm about 7 months ago as demo version

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

thx for the information dre

Administrator

What the hell, tjhat game looks awesome. Are those F1 cars?

Damn I need this game.
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD™ View Post
    lol after watching that vid i noticed that i played this game already hmm about 7 months ago as demo version
    It was not a demo , there was no demo. It probably was TrackMania Nations and this one is TrackMania Nations Forever. It's an upgrade, graphics have been a little improved , it has new tracks , new features and a brand new ladder

Quote Originally Posted by Stifmeister View Post
    What the hell, tjhat game looks awesome. Are those F1 cars?

Damn I need this game.
    Oh I thought you knew ... But I just noticed Duke has posted a wrong screenshot on the other thread..
    He posted a screenshot of the game TrackMania United Forever which isn't a free game. It's composed of several environments : Desert, Rally, Snow , Stadium, Island , Bay and Coast.

Amco thought he played a demo because Trackmania nations Forever is actually a "piece" of Trackmania United Forever. It only contains "Stadium" environment and lacks some features. Each single evironment lets you drive one and only vehicle type and of course you need to adapt your driving style to the car. Stadium Environment lets you drive F1 Cars indeed They are not real F1 Cars of course , they are faster ( up to 560km/h ) , and they have air brakes
    But like sam you can download skins for your car , there are over 3000 skins available , I play lately with the old good Hakkinnen McLaren

So as you can guess this game was made in the first place to promote their "full game" TrackMania United which costs around 30€ ( but many players don't buy it because stadium is the best environment by far and the most played online but this game is so good that I'm probably buying united someday to test other environments when I'll master stadium )

Another important thing is , when you buy united , you can either do it in stores or online ( it will let you download the content ) you don't lose all your medals and your rank in Trackmania nations forever

I hope it's all clear for everyone now because otherwise it's duke's fault

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    It was not a demo , there was no demo. It probably was TrackMania Nations and this one is TrackMania Nations Forever. It's an upgrade, graphics have been a little improved , it has new tracks , new features and a brand new ladder
    ah ok i c

Administrator

Oh I thought you knew ... But I just noticed Duke has posted a wrong screenshot on the other thread..
    He posted a screenshot of the game TrackMania United Forever which isn't a free game. It's composed of several environments : Desert, Rally, Snow , Stadium, Island , Bay and Coast.

Amco thought he played a demo because Trackmania nations Forever is actually a "piece" of Trackmania United Forever. It only contains "Stadium" environment and lacks some features. Each single evironment lets you drive one and only vehicle type and of course you need to adapt your driving style to the car. Stadium Environment lets you drive F1 Cars indeed They are not real F1 Cars of course , they are faster ( up to 560km/h ) , and they have air brakes
    But like sam you can download skins for your car , there are over 3000 skins available , I play lately with the old good Hakkinnen McLaren

So as you can guess this game was made in the first place to promote their "full game" TrackMania United which costs around 30€ ( but many players don't buy it because stadium is the best environment by far and the most played online but this game is so good that I'm probably buying united someday to test other environments when I'll master stadium )

Another important thing is , when you buy united , you can either do it in stores or online ( it will let you download the content ) you don't lose all your medals and your rank in Trackmania nations forever

Damn Duke.

Damn that sounds nice!
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

growl...

WOOT I WANT IT AND THE CAR(wich is not out yet XD) LIGHTNING!!!!

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by Iz3Bull View Post
    WOOT I WANT IT AND THE CAR(wich is not out yet XD) LIGHTNING!!!!
    You can find a lot of cars here!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information