Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Fragmatch

Lyrical Master

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Team Fragmatch

Ok dudes , here's some important information

I've been coding a real team fragmatch mod for a few days. I know there's already a thread about it , but I'm too lazy to look for it, and this is zeo and speed's thread.

Tonight , I tested it with Jouni , and it works fine , it means the team system ( friendly fire , skin , team switching ) , are all up and running. It means we can make all our team matches with that ( that pureown tournament for example).

So once again , I need to know what features would you like to be in that mod.

Don't get me wrong , I'm not spending months on it , that means :

- no crazy features like " omg make a leet radar with health displayed "
    - no useless features like " triple kill multi kill sound "

Why not ? Because we're in 2008 I want this mod done very fast ( I've started a week ago , I'll spend one more week on it but that's all )
    If we were in 2006 , I could have spent more time ( like zlo who is having fun coding 150 useless features to never actually releasing a working patch )

But listen up , I used to want to change a lot of things in sam but now I'm back for good , I notice this game has remained the best like it currently is.

So I'm not for changing everything , like red screen on first , or increase the tommygun firepower. Why ? because it's so much fun to shoot with tommygun, when it's your only weapon and you know damn well it won't do a thing to your opponent

But since I'm not the community , shoot guys I'll consider seriously every request..

Two screenshots here :

Lyrical Master

Here's my first thought :

Maybe some kind of weapon replacement only for shotgun.

I explain , instead of having a shotty servers with custom shotty maps, we could play normal maps ( like croteam's for example ) , but all weapons would be replaced by shotguns. No more shotty trouble, shotty hole etc...

Of course this could be turned on/off , it's just for shotty servers.

|Limited Edition|

Downloads: 12  Uploads: 0

holy shit this sounds promising.....

If i think up an idea ill let you know.

Good job man

Sig made by DEXTRONIC

My best Mate Jackal (is gay)

*Seen someone hacking/cheating/being gay in Noobzland Server? PM with demo, name, and time *

:o

Damn man, it's a french mod!
    Could that be done in english at least?

Just me..

sounds r nice GJ

Administrator

That sounds very good dude!

I hope you somehow include that "no pups and cannon" thing for this mod.

And even though you said you're not gonna make these little features but it really would be cool to have some kind of option to either replace grenades with other weapon or remove them for good. (Server can set it to on or off)

I think greandes are sometimes worse than cannon..
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Running Bitch

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Sounds Great
    ~WROOOOAAAMM!! sig made by Stif back in the days

Administrator

And I dunno how the scores should be displayed.. What do you think is better? The normal way (every players' score is there on the board, you'll have to count the scores manually after the game) or just team score display (for example Red Team 50/27, Blue Team 27/50)?

I personally don't give a sh1t about individual scores in team matches. It's the team score that counts.
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Running Bitch

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stifmeister View Post
    And I dunno how the scores should be displayed.. What do you think is better? The normal way (every players' score is there on the board, you'll have to count the scores manually after the game) or just team score display (for example Red Team 50/27, Blue Team 27/50)?

I personally don't give a sh1t about individual scores in team matches. It's the team score that counts.
    uhm will be great have both score of players and score of team..i want to see other 29-5 in FG's screens without score of players you dnt know well who sucked or who played well...
    ~WROOOOAAAMM!! sig made by Stif back in the days

Just me..

Quote Originally Posted by Fab'a View Post
    uhm will be great have both score of players and score of team..i want to see other 29-5 in FG's screens without score of players you dnt know well who sucked or who played well...
    Yeah +1 I wanna it too

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fab'a View Post
    I don't need that info but yes maybe it's better to have both.
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Elite Member

A lot of none noobs think that db is the only vaild gun to frag someone with, but I get damn bored in games with only shotgun. If it will be possible to turn weapons on/off (or even if it won't) why not import the plasma gun from warped deathmatch. I had a few games with fg using it I thought it was funn as hell. At least it adds something new. If someone has not tried it go check it out.

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by ObScUr3 View Post
    Damn man, it's a french mod!
    Could that be done in english at least?
    It's not a french mod , I have the mod in french cuz my sam is french cuz I'm french

That sounds very good dude!

I hope you somehow include that "no pups and cannon" thing for this mod.

And even though you said you're not gonna make these little features but it really would be cool to have some kind of option to either replace grenades with other weapon or remove them for good. (Server can set it to on or off)

I think greandes are sometimes worse than cannon..
    I didn't say I wouldn't make any little features , it's the opposite, little features are ok if people want them. I don't wanna spend MONTHS to code useless features I don't wanna change anything but as I said I'm not the community , I let you guys decide. I used to want to make the grenade launcher the worst weapon ever but now I don't care , no spam no fun.
    The only thing I'm afraid , if when I see players like faber spam in 2vs2 in LT and kill his teammate , I don't wanna think of what could happen if he does no longer have to worry about teamkilling anyone -> more spam

Most people can't understand english and they won't read me , I think we should change that Nulled anti cheat section to tdm , and there I could make many polls ... it'd be easier

Yeah I'm working on it ( I told jouni already ) , in Instagib only team score is displayed. In Quake 3 too but you can press a key and a scoreboard shows up with individual scores. ( you remember I made that scoreboard long time ago ? ) I lost it but I will do it again I just don't remember if colored tags are enabled in it But there's no way we count team scores manually

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    A lot of none noobs think that db is the only vaild gun to frag someone with, but I get damn bored in games with only shotgun. If it will be possible to turn weapons on/off (or even if it won't) why not import the plasma gun from warped deathmatch. I had a few games with fg using it I thought it was funn as hell. At least it adds something new. If someone has not tried it go check it out.
    i'll check it out tonight or tomorrow first thing in the morning

Yeah of course it would be boring to have only one weapon , I just said that for pluto shotty server for example... instead of bothering with 50 shotty edited maps, all the admin gotta do is type in the script gam_iMainWeapon = 4 ( it's an example )

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Yea I don't like shotty much either.

Minigun ftw
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post

Most people can't understand english and they won't read me , I think we should change that Nulled anti cheat section to tdm , and there I could make many polls ... it'd be easier
    Np for me, is it ok for you YS? That section has no action..
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information