Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croteam maps

Lyrical Master

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Croteam maps

I'm currently making an awesome map but since I know for a fact custom maps never get really popular I was planning to edit croteam maps aswell to maybe better fit to the tfm gameplay.

As for now and since I'm don't really wanna be flamed at I was thinking of :
    • adding more weapons in yodeller or at least decreasing the respawn time of the current ones... I played UT3 recently and I noticed in many servers a weapon would stay in place after a player collects it. You can't take a weapon twice but other players can still grab it after you did
    • doubling the moving speed of all the elevators , it would :
    1. help better catch the campers in fortress by surprise
    2. help break the 200/200 campers' routine in hole ( I'm always afraid to take the elevator to get the 200 armor ) actually in ss:se elevators = suicide
    • Removing the damn windmill switch and the grid in yodeller to access faster the sniper room. How many times did I seriously get killed there by one of mitrofka's spam nade while I was desperately pressing 50 times the "use" button ? Enough imho Have you noticed how that damn switch doesn't want to respond when someone is chasing you ?
    • Removing the switch in compound that triggers a rocket attack ( ) and in wgsbt the switch that triggers the idiot coop rocket monster attack..
    I ain't got any more ideas... actually I have but like I said I'm gonna get flamed at , I'd be happy to do something against the water camping in hole for example but there are too many noobs so I'll live

What is annoyin you the most ? what would you like to change in any croteam map ?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    I'm currently making an awesome map but since I know for a fact custom maps never get really popular I was planning to edit croteam maps aswell to maybe better fit to the tfm gameplay.

As for now and since I'm don't really wanna be flamed at I was thinking of :
    • adding more weapons in yodeller or at least decreasing the respawn time of the current ones... I played UT3 recently and I noticed in many servers a weapon would stay in place after a player collects it. You can't take a weapon twice but other players can still grab it after you did
    • doubling the moving speed of all the elevators , it would :
    1. help better catch the campers in fortress by surprise
    2. help break the 200/200 campers' routine in hole ( I'm always afraid to take the elevator to get the 200 armor ) actually in ss:se elevators = suicide
    • Removing the damn windmill switch and the grid in yodeller to access faster the sniper room. How many times did I seriously get killed there by one of mitrofka's spam nade while I was desperately pressing 50 times the "use" button ? Enough imho Have you noticed how that damn switch doesn't want to respond when someone is chasing you ?
    • Removing the switch in compound that triggers a rocket attack ( ) and in wgsbt the switch that triggers the idiot coop rocket monster attack..
    I ain't got any more ideas... actually I have but like I said I'm gonna get flamed at , I'd be happy to do something against the water camping in hole for example but there are too many noobs so I'll live

What is annoyin you the most ? what would you like to change in any croteam map ?
    I like all the ideas you suggested.

For the Hole water camping, there is only 1 solution. You need to add a bouncer (jumper) somewhere which will take you to the heart. Then you can come from behind and frag those campers. Although I'm sure Omi, Chris, Duke etc will HATE this idea..

Man that would have rocked in our clan match..
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Administrator

Ok few more:

- Remove those 200/200 from Compound. The map is so damn big already (easy to run) and it sucks that only the first person to join the server gets them.

- Replace LT tommygun with minigun. Tommy is so damn useless in SS:SE with the current damage settings.

- Make it impossible to "get out of the map" in Yodeller. Some mofos still do that. Saw many few ppl doing that last week...
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Alligator Pit

omg why remove the good things from the maps?
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by YoungScripter View Post
    omg why remove the good things from the maps?
    What good things?
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Prosciutto
    Quote Originally Posted by Stifmeister View Post
    What good things?
    He wanted to tell u that he's not able to play any map without using some bug/cheat to win

|Limited Edition|

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 91

adding more weapons in yodeller or at least decreasing the respawn time of the current ones... I played UT3 recently and I noticed in many servers a weapon would stay in place after a player collects it. You can't take a weapon twice but other players can still grab it after you did
    yea thats pretty useful in crowded servers. maybe u can add some more ammo, so that u dont run out of it so fast?

doubling the moving speed of all the elevators , it would :
    • help better catch the campers in fortress by surprise
    • help break the 200/200 campers' routine in hole ( I'm always afraid to take the elevator to get the 200 armor ) actually in ss:se elevators = suicide
im not sure if i like that, i think i have to see that first, cuz doubling the speed sounds pretty fast to me

Removing the damn windmill switch and the grid in yodeller to access faster the sniper room. How many times did I seriously get killed there by one of mitrofka's spam nade while I was desperately pressing 50 times the "use" button ? Enough imho Have you noticed how that damn switch doesn't want to respond when someone is chasing you ?
i like that idea, the exact same things happen to me too..Always!

Removing the switch in compound that triggers a rocket attack ( ) and in wgsbt the switch that triggers the idiot coop rocket monster attack..
no i like that, thats pretty funny imo
when someone takes too long to take the sniper hes dead
and that rocket monster gives noobs like me an extra frag..or extra death especially when it spawns behind you and u dont notice that
but maybe u can replace the tommy gun with some other weapon? i mean who would use a tommy gun in wgsabt when he could use the mg or laser gun instead? maybe a flame thrower?

- Remove those 200/200 from Compound. The map is so damn big already (easy to run) and it sucks that only the first person to join the server gets them.
or make them respawn like in every other map

- Replace LT tommygun with minigun. Tommy is so damn useless in SS:SE with the current damage settings.
i played with politician a few days ago and he managed to kill me at least 3 times with tommy gun.. and i had 100 hp ..damn i suck
but im fine with this idea, mg rulez

- Make it impossible to "get out of the map" in Yodeller. Some mofos still do that. Saw many few ppl doing that last week...
even better would be: make it like in wgsabt or rs when you jump over the wall or fence, then they would get hurt and loose energy.

i hate it to get hurt when im on the roof in lt
and dont forget to add enough ammo for the plasma gun. i love this gun i played hole a few days ago and it had only one ammo pack

thats all i can think of right now
Phantom|Limited Edition|

Nocturnal

Remove those cannons in wgsabt. It's pretty annoying when you've got a perfect and then you got killed by a cannon. x__.

Finnish Guy
    hole: if you decide to do bouncer in the middle, It can't be one where you can boucing all the time. 1 minute break after you could use it again would be cool. It could be teleport as well...

Fortress: keep two bouncers in lower bridges (try "Pro Fortress"). Those bouncers in upper bridge change game style too much. It's cool tho that you can jump to minigun,grenades,rocket and sniper, but it's like playing Bouncer BoX (which is nothing bad though).

Lost Tomb: add extra double shotgun near minigun, and maybe this bouncer you see in picture.

Little Trouble: change tommygun to sniper or minigun (can you remove delay from minigun? Zlo did that)

Skulls: Remove cannon sh*ts

Compound: change background to more colourful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Finnish Guy; 08.08.2008 at 15:51.

Finnish Guy
    Removing the damn windmill switch and the grid in yodeller to access faster the sniper room. How many times did I seriously get killed there by one of mitrofka's spam nade while I was desperately pressing 50 times the "use" button ? Enough imho Have you noticed how that damn switch doesn't want to respond when someone is chasing you ?
    How bout this

Molotow

Downloads: 70  Uploads: 0

Yoo, once again I want to share my uber knowledge with you As I've already said a couple of times: When a client joins a server, the server actually sends THE WHOLE map to the client, except for the brushwork, I don't want to go into detail though.

All your suggestion are possible without new maps on client comps ( apart from some ideas which could be easily solved in a different way and 1 that is just impossible ) .

The advantages of this are obvious. The only fcking question is how? I think the easiest way + fewest effort would be to add a function to the dedicated server for loading savegames files, but croteam does not want or is not allowed to publish the code.
    Any idea?
    It fcking bugs me that there is a semi-auto download function in sam, but no way to really use it :/
    Sorry for Offtopic

My top 3 " things I hate most in Croteam maps ":

1. Elevators in Fortress ( gotta say though since camp noobs like Zebyl or BOOMBEER will most likely not play TFM it's not as annoying as it is in SE. However I hate it when people shoot rockets under the elvator)
    2. Cannons in WGSNB ( only noobs activate them, though)
    3. Cannon in Yodeller ( again )

One important thing for TFM:
    Make the Heart and the 200 Armor respawnable or delete them
    I think there's a not respawnable 25 hp item in TLT, too.
    Last edited by Politician; 08.08.2008 at 16:02. Reason: TLT

Finnish Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Politician View Post
    I think there's a not respawnable 25 hp item in LT, too.
    hm no i just tested

Molotow

Downloads: 70  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Guy View Post
    hm no i just tested
    TLT lol

Finnish Guy
    TLT lol
    true

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PyronoX View Post
    Remove those cannons in wgsabt. It's pretty annoying when you've got a perfect and then you got killed by a cannon. x__.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Guy View Post
    Skulls: Remove cannon sh*ts
    2. Cannons in WGSNB ( only noobs activate them, though)

No no no!!! Damnit, they're the best thing in We Got Skulls.

The map is way too big, the cannons are only way to get sniping camper a-holes moving!! I activate them all the time when some n00b is camping and sniping.

You can't remove them, this map will suck then.

It's easy to avoid he cannons anyway, just keep moving f*ckers!!!
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

•  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information