Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Croteam maps

Nocturnal

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stifmeister View Post
    No no no!!! Damnit, they're the best thing in We Got Skulls.

The map is way too big, the cannons are only way to get sniping camper a-holes moving!! I activate them all the time when some n00b is camping and sniping.

You can't remove them, this map will suck then.

It's easy to avoid he cannons anyway, just keep moving f*ckers!!!
    Hmm, you're right.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PyronoX View Post
    Hmm, you're right.
    I dunno how the cannonballs work, but it feels like they always hit you if you stand still for more than 10 seconds.

If you keep moving they almost never hit you..

Do they have predefined routes or do they seek players who are standing still??
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Nocturnal

I dunno how the cannonballs work, but it feels like they always hit you if you stand still for more than 10 seconds.

If you keep moving they almost never hit you..

Do they have predefined routes or do they seek players who are standing still??
    I think it's lesser than 10 seconds. And sometimes they try to hit you even if you're moving.

Veteran Member

“I played UT3 recently and I noticed in many servers a weapon would stay in place after a player collects it. You can't take a weapon twice but other players can still grab it
    after”

-Sounds good hope you implement this

”doubling the moving speed of all the elevators , it would :
    help better catch the campers in fortress by surprise
    help break the 200/200 campers' routine in hole ( I'm always afraid to take the elevator to get the 200 armor ) actually in ss:se elevators = suicide”

-Good Idea and am all for it

“Removing the damn windmill switch and the grid in yodeller to access faster the sniper room.”

-Only had this problem a few times, I see it as a challenge though...I personally would leave it as is

“Removing the switch in compound that triggers a rocket attack”

-Leave it as is

“and in wgsbt the switch that triggers the idiot coop rocket monster attack”

-err that map is hardly played I suggest u remove it...as well remove other useless maps that are hardly if ever played

Also things that could/should be changed:

-Replace all Tommy guns with Machine guns in all maps

-Make getting the 200 H./200 A. more challenging in all maps if appropriate ...Don’t make them spawn exactly at the same time...for instance in LT they are both at 2 min each.

Things to Keep:

-The current rail gun/sniper gun is perfect (don’t change it) for weapon balancing reasons...

--Keep the blue/red models as they are visible and perfect for TFM

The important thing is balance... You don't want to have all the health and armor for instance on one side of the map lol....try to balance things out for weapons, health, amour, ammo, etc...

-Try to keep things simple as possible and as always keep up the great work!!!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    -Keep the blue/red models as they are visible and perfect for TFM
    The Blue model isn't as visible as red in some maps.. Maybe Green would be better, dunno...
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Molotow

Downloads: 70  Uploads: 0

The Blue model isn't as visible as red in some maps.. Maybe Green would be better, dunno...
    8 percent of all men can only hardly distinguish red and green. I wasnt lucky. But man, i bet it's difficult for normal guys, too when the enemy is far away etc. I for my part have even problems with seing the red player model in LT at all, lol, but well thats just my problem. What about light blue and a bright red?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Politician View Post
    8 percent of all men can only hardly distinguish red and green. I wasnt lucky. But man, i bet it's difficult for normal guys, too when the enemy is far away etc. I for my part have even problems with seing the red player model in LT at all, lol, but well thats just my problem. What about light blue and a bright red?
    Well that could work.
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Lyrical Master

First of all thanks for your concern guys I'm gonna try to answer all if I forget anyone let me know. This is gonna be a long post
    • About the bouncer in hole , Yeah it would solve the problem but it's a little hardcore imo The teleporter would be a good idea, I noticed in other games teleporters are much more popular than in sam... Anyway I came into editing hole to make it the fairest I can think of , I could have taken screenshots but I figured the best way to judge is to test it so you can download it from here : Download =TFM= Hole
    You must put this gro file into Mods/TeamFM/ or it won't work..This is a mix between hole and almost hole , it's pro to me but please let me know if anything annoys you don't be afraid I'm asking... Furthermore, if someone wants to relook it , don't hesitate
    • About the 200/200 in compound , does everyone want to remove it or make it respawn like in all other maps ?
    • About the minigun / tommygun , yeah we probably could replace the tommygun by the minigun but it would be much better to overpower the tommygun... I don't know why people didn't like that idea
    • About the minigun firing delay , yeah jouni it's very easy to reduce or remove that but don't you think it would overpower the weapon too much ? The minigun is already damn good especially in hard or serious diff, if you remove this delay it will become the best weapon even in close range... what do others think about it ?
    • About the elevators speed , see in tfm hole , it's as fast as the main docking bay's elevator
    • About the impossibility to get out of yodeller yeah I'll do that
    • No way I remove the damage you get on LT's roofs guys...it would result in more spamming and camping I'm sorry I know it sucks I hate it too but TE would enjoy it too much
    • I'll add ammo for the plasma gun of course , the only reason I didn't do it at first is because I was afraid the weapon could become too good, but it's so hard to aim with it anyways... I was intending to alter the weapon actually to make it like the UT plasma gun but since you guys seem to like it
    • I'll definitely remove the cannons in wgsbt actually I forgot to mention it in my first post. Steve , it kills you even when you move believe me , especially when you have 26/0 and 200/200
    • About the bouncers in fortress yeah I know what you mean with ruining the gameplay jouni... It must still be hard to reach the good spot in fortress , I'll think about it
    • I'll add an extra double barrel in tlt yeah , where is the 25 health item that never respawn btw ? never seen it ever
    • Colorizing compound is a good idea , acually redesigning all croteam maps could be cool We old bastards need it That snow shotty trouble was awesome for instance...
    • Poli I didn't know about this brush thing , I will need explanations on this, especially the savegame part , removing the levels from the crc check won't cause any bad syncs even if the map is sent ? I know brush are converted into entities during the compiling process but I know some complex brushes can't be converted so what happens on the server if I'm walking toward a wall that couldn't have been sent?
    • About the visibility of the models , I already said it like ten times but since I LOVE to repeat myself I'm gonna say it again but you better open your motherfuckin ears. NOBODY will have any problem to see the models in the next version. They will still be red bastard and blue sucker but I made them fullbright ( they don't receive any shadow )

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    [*]About the 200/200 in compound , does everyone want to remove it or make it respawn like in all other maps ?
    I think remove them for good. Would be better that way..
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Veteran Member

Anyway I came into editing hole to make it the fairest I can think of , I could have taken screenshots but I figured the best way to judge is to test it so you can download it from here : Download =TFM= Hole
    I like what you did with it! Good job

Finnish Guy
    • bout the bouncer in hole , Yeah it would solve the problem but it's a little hardcore imo The teleporter would be a good idea, I noticed in other games teleporters are much more popular than in sam... Anyway I came into editing hole to make it the fairest I can think of , I could have taken screenshots but I figured the best way to judge is to test it so you can download it from here : Download =TFM= Hole
    - I like the bouncer to +100 bridge, but i'm not sure of removing walls. I kinda like jump to +100 shield in water area
    • About the 200/200 in compound , does everyone want to remove it or make it respawn like in all other maps ?
    - Change them to +50 health and +100 shield?
    • would be much better to overpower the tommygun... I don't know why people didn't like that idea
    - I'd like you do it. But make it little weaker than minigun is of course
    • About the minigun firing delay , yeah jouni it's very easy to reduce or remove that but don't you think it would overpower the weapon too much ? The minigun is already damn good especially in hard or serious diff, if you remove this delay it will become the best weapon even in close range... what do others think about it ?
    - Yeah,well...forget this idea. Just overpower tommygun a bit.
    • About the elevators speed , see in tfm hole , it's as fast as the main docking bay's elevator
    - Good speed
    • No way I remove the damage you get on LT's roofs guys...it would result in more spamming and camping I'm sorry I know it sucks I hate it too but TE would enjoy it too much
    -
    • I'll add an extra double barrel in tlt yeah , where is the 25 health item that never respawn btw ? never seen it ever
    -
    • Colorizing compound is a good idea , acually redesigning all croteam maps could be cool We old bastards need it That snow shotty trouble was awesome for instance...
    - Guess you mean Winter ST from UMP? I've made Snow shotty trouble long time ago...winter st is better edition of it. Those snowmans in there and all. Did you check SciFi Shotty Trouble yet? Too UT look a like textures - like someone said?

Lyrical Master

Thanks for your answer jouni , I have never tested either winter st or SciFi Shotty trouble no , where can I find these maps ?
    I have tested your snow shotty trouble and it was very good to me

About the kind of stairs in the water area that leads to the 100 armor Ok I'll put it back.. I like to jump on it too Besides it gives a good angle with sniper or minigun to aim the water stairs campers... I just figured it would be good if we could see the spam coming but I'll change it np

Thanks for the TLT info I actually remembered last night and I suspect croteam guys just forgot to make it respawn ( like in compound )

Ok for the 50 / 100 in compound then...

And I'll overpower the tommygun yeah but not as much as zlo did

Finnish Guy
    "where can I find these maps ?"

- Damn man...both are in Ultimate Map Pack. You should test all maps of that map pack, cause it really seems you have not.

Here's maps of map pack i'd prefer you to test:

- Aquarius
    - Codex
    - Crush (you know this)
    - Find and Hunt! (idea is good but map is damn ugly)
    - Go Hunting 2 (hm it would be good for lot of players but other it's just would be camping. It's "continue" for shoot me-go hunting -gold map)
    - Lava Chapel
    - MoonFrag (map need lot of players)
    - Outlaws Holiday
    - Pass The Map (need lot of players)
    - Shout-To-Shout
    - Space Jumpers (another-bigger version of q3dm17)
    - The Islands (ugly, yeah something need to be done. Would be first water area map)
    - The Temple
    - Warped (something different, but maybe it's bad)

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

lets use huggys skin pack he made the blue and red skin "brighter" for clanwars

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Finnish Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD™ View Post
    lets use huggys skin pack he made the blue and red skin "brighter" for clanwars
    "About the visibility of the models , I already said it like ten times but since I LOVE to repeat myself I'm gonna say it again but you better open your motherfuckin ears. NOBODY will have any problem to see the models in the next version. They will still be red bastard and blue sucker but I made them fullbright ( they don't receive any shadow )"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information