Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    |Limited Edition|

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 91

Thumbs up Spelling mistake discovered in Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg ...

Spelling mistake discovered in Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg signs

In an embarrassing mistake, officials in Massachusetts have been forced to admit that some road signs pointing to Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg have spelling mistakes in them.

The typos, which are completely baffling considering how easy it is to spell Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, were revealed by a local newspaper, the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, which has been covering the misspelling scandal since 2003.

Resolving the issue involved large amounts of research into the roughly two dozen spelling variants for the lake, in Webster, Massachusetts, which is widely credited as having the longest place name in the USA.

Eventually, it was determined that the 45-letter Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg was the correct spelling, and that the signs saying 'Lake Chargoggagoggmanchaoggagoggchaubunaguhgamaugg' were inaccurate (inserting an 'o' for a 'u' at position 20, and an 'h' for an 'n' at position 38.)

The research also found that the 49-letter variant, Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, was the second most common version.

The local Chamber of Commerce will now attempt to find out who painted the signs in the first place, and get them to correct them.

Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg is commonly referred to as 'Webster Lake' by inhabitants.

Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg: yeah, that's with 15 'g's

Video: the correct pronounciation of the lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg https://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=19398057001
    unbelievable how anyone could make such blatant and obvious mistake, they should be killed for this!

Note for admin: remove the limit for the length of thread titles. i couldnt enter the whole fucking headline!!
    Phantom|Limited Edition|

Administrator

Downloads:Uploads: 0

PS. The limit is good
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Alligator Pit

dude !! until i saw the video i didnt even know how to pronounce that

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg..
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

jesus what a prounouciation :O

Feel free to add me on yahoo messenger msn or skype

Thread Information