Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Sam 3

SGI Clan

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb89 View Post
    Gameplay in HD/3 is better and more stable than classic, end of argument. You just can't face the fact that you cannot use lightbulbs and hacks. The few people who passed from classic to HD sucked ass ingame. Black Spirit, Devastator, Joakim, Duke Nukem... couldn't play for crap in HD, and so got frustrated "game sux! Bad engine!" ALL EXCUSES. I player nearly every day, and ALWAYS find active player at any given time. On the other hand, who are you to judge how the game is going? You people have maybe 10-15 hours total playing time, and know absolutely NOTHING. The game has also been patched many times, and will be patched yet again for weapon damage balances, stated by me. Shotty Trouble is already and official map for SS3. I'm contributing a lot... and the game is waaaay better than the MESS old Sam is. But meh, I know you guys are too weak to move on, so enjoy your prehistoric game with your mods/hacks, and ... well ... have fun.
    Personally i think if i played seriously the HD version, i could be as skilled as im on the old, or maybe more. Just i dont like the SSHD game, and when u dont like a game, it is hard for a person to play it just because Zeb89 come to ask for .....
    About the hacks speech, this is totally hilarious, properly made by you. The fact that in Serious Sam classic there are cheaters is a truth, but u cant name best players of, making them look like hackers, which is false, and second u cant say the ppl dont move just cos of no hax in HD.
    I think players of serious sam HD should be even out of this community, so i dont explain myself how i cant see players on HD, or i see very few of them in 1 server only sometimes. SS Classic is old game, so it's ok if there are no many players, but HD is new game so why so few players?
    I played SSHD some weeks ago just occasionally, and made some games.....There is some guy who could win me in maps i dont know, but in Fortress and Hole i could win easy even if i never play this game. So what i mean is that if i wanted i could start having a good shape in there, but the problem is that the game is bad.
    I see personally bad movments, very coarse and ridiculous gameplay, and playing at the meanwhile the SS Classic, i feel like to keep there my gaming. About hax u are partly right but since i just need to have fun with pc games nowadays, i dont need to be the best, and ofc the skill level on this old game has become so high that isnt so hard to recognize a cheater; for this i prefer the game i like more

Your insults and contempt for a game ( and community) u played and have been a (bad) part too for years, is totally irrelevant for me.

Non riesco a capire come fai a dire che l'HD sia meglio, è una cosa impensabile secondo me....Detto questo, se ti piace giocaci, ma non puoi venire a dire cosa fare, a me davvero quel gioco mi sembbra cosi buggato che non hai idea. Spero che per SS3 ne valga la pena, e magari li potremmo riparlarne.

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

funny how zeb accuses US about hacks and mods

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

Risotto alle erbette

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Total Enigma View Post
    i like cookies
    Yeah me too

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Logan View Post
    vaffanculo

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by BoyZyatoR View Post
    This is normal. People often accuse others because they refer to themself. What he says, says more about him then about the people he speaks about.
    Zeb just can't imagine that there are players who just play for fun and don't care about cheats and are still good. A cheater sees cheaters everywhere .
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Ace Gamer

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Oh, and I bet you also firmly beleive a cheater goes and plays a game in which you cannot cheat in. Some interesting reasoning you've got going there, X.

All I'm trying to point out, is that many players who tried HD couldn't play for shit (exept TE with lamer spam tactics that will be "broken" in next balance patch). At first I was kind of puzzled, but then I though it over. There are many reasons for people to stick to classic. Hacks/mods is just one reason, but not the only.

The second reason is that it's actually easier to frag in sam classic. I didn't say easy I said easIER. If you play HD, your "real" skill value come to the surface, and if you suck ... it's gonna show...

Classic is a more noob friendly and lamery. I say this from the perspective of one who comes back to play classic for 2 hours after 12 months. You FEEL the difference!

Rockets cover over 3x3 meteres damage range and are kind of cheap, not to speak of the exploding grenades on walls. Shotty is so fast that any pothead noob can spamfire in the general direction of a player without even aiming properly since cooldown isn't prohibitive. Tommygun and chainsaw are both utterly useless in classic, NOT in HD. even the knife is an egde better in HD. You actually HAVE a weapon on spawn which can actually make a difference.

Now that I'm done with the weapons, don't even get me started on player movement.
    Ok, for starters we have a 3rd person view which is plagued with mouselag. What retard persues a game in which you cannot even aim properly? You have to keep switching between 1st and 3rd to aim. Noobs don't do this since they have no conception of "aiming properly" at all and may not even notice the flaw. Fact is it stinks.

Netcode blows. No matter the script, the ping. Events are unpredictable and everything jitters around like beans in a maracas. Fake deaths, fake hits. Perfectly understandable for an 11 year old engine, but it's time to move on. On top of the mose lag you have to deal with players mini-teleporting around by exploiting strafe bug or god knows what other lag related bug. Once you get used to the smooth flow of sam HD movements, going back to classic is really sickening. But jittering dosen't just annoy you while aiming, it persues you while moving/jumping. 1 pickup out of 5 makes a sound when collected because of the netcode. What does all this garbade do in the long run? Makes less skilled players be able to compete with potentially higher skilled players, I shit you not.

Now this isn't to say sam classic is a bad game...
    it's HD which is simply better!

Anyway so far I've heard the following criticism
    - Bad gravity
    What's bad about it?! No seriously... you expect a 30 meter blowback from a rocket? Sorry, your not going to get it.

-OMG Sam moves badly!!11!!11
    In classic he moves well? Seriously, you need help...
    Movement and aiming is a smooth as it gets.

-I could be pro if i cared/played, but the game sux
    I could go to Mars if I felt like it, but i don't. I think Mars sucks.

Man, in the half hour I played classic the other day I pwned black spirit (under alias) so easily. This is NOT a whine post. Just pointing out that there is only 1 MAIN reason why "pro" (not really) players from classic don't move on.

THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR HD STANDARD
    prove me wrong, join a server please
    (you won't do it, and instead will settle for a pussy response to this thread)

gg

Elite Member

Which colour do you like Zeb?
    I like red better than yellow. Somebody else like yellow better than red.
    Hopefully you aren't as narrow minded as you make out to be, but just want to recruit players.

What is your objective to advertise HD, Sam 3 and recruit players, won't you tell please

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb89
    What retard persues a game in which you cannot even aim properly?
    Most people on these forums, I guesse, and it's funny you call all these people here retards when it's pretty much you vs GZ in this particular subject.

I'm pretty sure I'm not only speaking for myself when I say that SSSE has something we all love and it has something that excites us. And despite some of the non debatable flaws it has, that you mention, HD is LIGHT-YEARS away from SSSE. I played some HD too, and the game is not "alive" when you play it, it just feels dead. When you play SSSE, Sam comes alive. Not so in HD unfortunately. There's no feeling in it. I understand that you feel differently, but you are not everyone. Everyone perceive things in their own way. The great kick and rush you get when you play SSSE just isn't there in HD, it's gone.

I was really dissapointed myself that HD was as bad as it is. I bought both HD first - and -second encounter and played through the campaign, and tried some of the mods and some DM. Even if I liked one of the mods, the game was a big let down, it almost sucks beyond beliefe concidering what Croteam was capable of when making SSSE. I personally feel that HD suits 10 year old children better concidering the look of Sam's nerdy running/moving style. And maybe 10 year olds are Croteams aim.

And no, the reason people stay in SSSE is not coz they like to exploit bugs. We have tried to fix the bugs ourselves, and we have sent a petition to Croteam, but, of course Croteam wouldn't help us. Their objective is to make as much money as possible, which, is quite understandable of course.

You can go to a Ferrari forum and say "Skoda owns, only retards drive Ferrari".

Doesn't matter what anyone says. I still like red better than yellow, just like you won't go to Mars.

roflchen

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 13

hehe i love it zeb still think we dont play cuz we suxx
    or hes the best there ofc
    u still search or u know how cheat works there ?

Ace Gamer

Ok Petter, if you put it on the level of personal taste I can't argue with you. I understand there is some-thing(?) which you love about classic Serious Sam, but skill wise, HD is "higher". Personally I don't find HD childish or generally less hyper, i find it to be the contrary. But then again this is just my personal point of view. Fact is the game probably has been patched about 2-3 times since last you played.

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

i played hd when was release (also some game with u zeb) but seriously i prefere the old version,just for this i dont play,i was enough good at the start coz is not really different from the old,but seriously look a game +10 years while i think the old sam is more professional (well not so much maybe +14)

Elite Member

Fact is the game probably has been patched about 2-3 times since last you played.
    I didn't find the right word, but you did and, yes, it's about personal taste. Personal taste is what made me love classic Sam so much, and dislike Sam HD, though I really wish I would have liked it.

That mod in HD was really damn nice though where you just kill monsters on a map, but it's the DM that would have kept me attracted in the long run, and the DM didn't feel right.
    That's why it doesn't matter if the game was patched. For me the game will be the same game whatever patches. There's just something magical about old SSSE.

The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Logan View Post
    the old sam rox and the hd version sux hard
    graphic isnt all
    Word UP !!!

--------------- Post added at 21:14 ---------------

Anybody like 3 days old coffee ?
    hmm wrong comparison ...

Who would like a whiskey without aging ? (if you do - drink vodka for christ sake)
    SSHD brought nothing better into the game except better picture...as well that screwy Steam ..that look alot like facebook to me...

While old pale SS SE/FE ... still gives the pleasure ... as any V.S.O.P. cognac does...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post

The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post

I hope you understude me right...
    SS(FE/SE) is a still fresh cup ...SS II - is a day old one....

Dudes trying to sell same brew years after...
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

yep but sam 3 will be different (I hope)

--------------- Post added at 21:52 ---------------

Oh, and I bet you also firmly beleive a cheater goes and plays a game in which you cannot cheat in. Some interesting reasoning you've got going there, X.
    no but if nobody likes a game in which you can't cheat (according to you - didn't test it) that's probably not the reason then why it isn't liked. quake live or cs also has (better) cheat protection and people here like and play it. and btw cs and quake require also much more skill than classic and new sam.

it's ok if you like it. but you say everybody who doesn't like sam hd is either noob or cheater and that's retarded.

----------

and btw you also played with many mods/cheats in the past and you told us that it doesn't make a big difference and that mods won't make noobs pro. and now you say that Joakim and other top players are good only because of mods in classic sam and they suck in sam hd because they can't use mods there? if you didn't lie in the past that's not possible.
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Elite Member

Sam HD is really good.
    ...and there goes your credibility (assuming you ever had any, that is).

Gameplay in HD/3 is better and more stable than classic, end of argument. You just can't face the fact that you cannot use lightbulbs and hacks. The few people who passed from classic to HD sucked ass ingame. Black Spirit, Devastator, Joakim, Duke Nukem... couldn't play for crap in HD, and so got frustrated "game sux! Bad engine!" ALL EXCUSES.
    SSHD is a joke for competitive gaming. I've already discussed why it sucks so many times in the SSHD section here on GZ, so I won't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Wait, so you're saying all those people you listed are using hacks?
    The funny thing is that Zeb was the one using cheats in SS:SE I can't understand how Croteam could let a trasher and cheater become a beta-tester for SS3...

Quote Originally Posted by BoyZyatoR View Post
    Exactly, and he always did that... Whenever I kicked his ass in SS:SE, he called me a cheater etc. I never got the chance to play against him in SSHD, I met him in a server one time, but he was "AFK" then

https://www.gamezone24.net/forums/sho...ways-a-cheater

Yeah yeah, we all know that single-player sucks, you just wanted to "try" if your cheats worked, you would never use cheats in deathmatch like you did in SS:SE for many years, you don't care about single-player, single-player is for nerds, you are the best deathmatch player ever etc., no need to repeat yourself.

Anyway so far I've heard the following criticism
    - Bad gravity
    What's bad about it?! No seriously... you expect a 30 meter blowback from a rocket? Sorry, your not going to get it.
    The player physics are outright horrible in SSHD.

-OMG Sam moves badly!!11!!11
    In classic he moves well? Seriously, you need help...
    Movement and aiming is a smooth as it gets.
    Sam's movements in SS:SE are great. Are you seriously saying that you prefer the stale and glitchy SSHD movements before the athletic and solid SS:SE ones? Solid, compared to SSHD, that is

-I could be pro if i cared/played, but the game sux
    I could go to Mars if I felt like it, but i don't. I think Mars sucks.
    Why even try becoming "pro" in a game so unrewarding for good players?

Man, in the half hour I played classic the other day I pwned black spirit (under alias) so easily.
    WOW, please Zeb, tell me more about your pro adventures

prove me wrong, join a server please
    (you won't do it, and instead will settle for a pussy response to this thread)

gg
    I'm sure that the deathmatch mode in SS3 will be just as bad as the deathmatch mode in SSHD, but I'm more than happy to play a few games against you in SS3 See ya there...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information