Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    The Dude

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Secret Spionage Industrie ?... WTF ?

Got only dutch link for that ...
    can not yet find in english

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2011/12/01/...nderschepping/

But the article says that wikileaks just released info that there is organized spy industry
    involving multiple countries and companies...

FINALLY ! ... something usefull comming out of wikileaks ...

--------------- Post added at 22:55 ---------------

there is video available on that page ...

--------------- Post added at 22:57 ---------------

got it ...

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/n...ance-industry/

English version

--------------- Post added at 22:57 ---------------

LONDON (AFP) – WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange launched the website’s new project Thursday, the publication of files it claims shows a global industry that gives dictatorships tools to spy on their citizens.

In parallel to Assange’s announcement, Wikileaks’ partner Owni.fr released evidence that a French firm helped Moamer Kadhafi’s former Libyan regime spy on opposition figures living in exile in Britain.

It had already been revealed that the electronics firm, Amesys, had worked with the Libyan regime — and French rights groups are attempting to take the group to court — but Owni’s files will prove embarrassing.

They appear to show that a manual provided to Libya to operate a “massive Internet surveillance” set-up known as the Eagle system included the email addresses and pseudonyms of opposition leaders.

One of them, 74-year-old writer Mahmud Al-Naku, campaigned against Kadhafi in exile and has now been named his country’s ambassador to London by the victorious new former rebel government.

Another figure on the surveillance list was Atia Lawgali, 60, who has since been named Libya’s new minister of culture. Several more Libyan and western figures are on the list, contained in a leaked screenshot.

Kadhafi’s regime has been accused of sending agents to harass and even kill opposition figures in exile.

Owni also published the user manual provided to the Libyans to operate their Internet spying system, which it boasts can intercept emails and webmail, VOIP calls, instant messages and search engine requests.

Contacted by AFP, Amesys said that Libya had been under no trade embargo after 2003, and that a number of French and international companies had done business with Kadhafi’s government.

“Amesys delivered the Libyan authorities equipment and had no control over the use to which it was put,” said the firm, which was bought by the French electronic group Bull in 2010.

The International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) has lodged a legal complaint over Amesys’ contract with Libya in a French court, alleging complicity in rights abuses.

The Wikileaks files reveal the activities of about 160 companies in 25 countries which develop technologies to allow the tracking and monitoring of individuals by their mobile phones, email and Internet browsing histories.

“Today we release over 287 files documenting the reality of the international mass surveillance industry — an industry which now sells equipment to dictators and democracies alike in order to intercept entire populations,” Assange told reporters in London.

He said that in the last 10 years it had grown from a covert industry which primarily supplied government intelligence agencies such as the NSA in the United States and Britain’s GCHQ, to a huge transnational business.

Assange has been in Britain for the past year fighting extradition to Sweden for questioning on allegations of rape and sexual assault, living under tight bail conditions. His case is due to come up again on Monday.

The documents on the website, https://wikileaks.org/the-spyfiles.html, include manuals for surveillance products sold to repressive Arab regimes.

They have come to light in part from offices ransacked during uprisings in countries such as Egypt and Libya earlier this year, as well as investigative work by WikiLeaks and its media and campaigning partners.

“These systems that are revealed in these documents show exactly the kind of systems that the Stasi (East Germany’s secret police) wished they could have built,” said Jacob Appelbaum, a former WikiLeaks spokesman and computer expert at the University of Washington.

“These systems have been sold by Western companies to places for example like Syria, and Libya and Tunisia and Egypt. These systems are used to hunt people down and to murder.”

Experts who worked on the release warned that at present the industry was completely unregulated.

“Western governments cannot stand idly by while this technology is still being sold,” said Eric King, from the Privacy International campaign group.

It is the first time WikiLeaks has released documents since it announced on October 24 that it had been forced to suspend publishing classified files due to a funding blockade that saw its revenues plunge by 95 percent.

Thursday’s announcement had been trailed as the launch of a new secure system to submit documents to the site, but Assange said WikiLeaks was still working on this, saying the threat of surveillance made it extremely difficult.
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

lol nobody seems to care. maybe people here think like: "I have nothing to hide". xd
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

The Dude

was time ago when this thread was started ...
    but nobody knew about SOPA or PIPA or ACTA then ...
    coz those were kept behind closed doors .... I mean absolute secret ...

--------------- Post added 02.02.2012 at 00:01 ---------------

so how is it today ?
    SOPA & PIPA ... got drafted ... but not canceled...
    but ACTA ... (european version of SOPA + PIPA) ...IS STILL AT LARGE !!!!

--------------- Post added at 00:11 ---------------

as an example

in Holland - Judge ruled that all providers MUST block ThePirateBay.com site ....
    Xs4All - dutch provider showed a finger at first ...and encouraged other providers to do the same ...

Sure brave .... !!!! (only few providers were as brave to avoid order of the court)
    but eventually they will have to block it ....till end of this week ...ALL OF DUTCH PROVIDERS !!!!

AND THIS ALL HAPPEN BECAUSE GROUP OF CORPORATIONS THAT RECORD AND PRODUCE CD'S DO NOT GET ENOUGH MONEY
    America now dictates the rules to the rest of the world ...!!! that also includes germany ...france , UK ...with or not included Nord Ierland...,belgium , Austria , Poland , and rest of other countries that make Europe a big mess ...
    ALL ...

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post

AND THIS ALL HAPPEN BECAUSE GROUP OF CORPORATIONS THAT RECORD AND PRODUCE CD'S DO NOT GET ENOUGH MONEY
    I think its more than that... they are most likely trying to influence public opinion somehow thru this, and pirating is just a good excuse for it.. limiting access to information, you know, so that people only read what THEY want you to.. but eh I don't understand politics so I'm probably just being too cynical here.

The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    I think its more than that... they are most likely trying to influence public opinion somehow thru this, and pirating is just a good excuse for it.. limiting access to information, you know, so that people only read what THEY want you to.. but eh I don't understand politics so I'm probably just being too cynical here.
    A+B=C
    C-B=A - thats what you did ...
    you just rephrased it ...

point is ... because of piracy - everyone will be tracked now...
    thats the idea...

if you can not track everyone ...but you very very like to to do it ...
    ho do you do it ?
    make a crime out of it ... !!!!!!!
    first you setup a net of sites that distribute stuff for free...
    wait ...wait ...wait till there are lots of people on it ...

NOW ...now its time to strike ...
    pick one... and sue him for all money on earth ..
    this is scare tacktick ...and rest will not respond of coz...
    but thats not the point ...

under this - now it is possible to push "questionable" laws ...
    now nobody question those ...coz there are already cases of conviciton ...etc...

--------------- Post added at 01:31 ---------------

if you understand what i just posted ...
    and you are in US ... - than you have some chance of becoming a good person ...

if not - set your timer to 2 years...and re-read my post when you are 18...

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

damn.. i dont understand it.. but in any case government is doing this for its own profit and big companies' profit, not to stop piracy. *saved HTML to read when 18*

Elite Member

No, I think you got it right, Bark.

Thread Information