Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Tenebras Lux

Downloads: 10  Uploads: 0

Is anyone here using a Mac?

?

Come on, I'm sure someone around here is using one

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

I'm sorry, i don't have an iMac, but i have 2 good PC's. The same price for both anyway.

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

NO, I hate apple and macs... And yeah, my dad has one, we bought it to try it and nope, I hate it. BTW can you even play sam on it?

GODLIKE
    no im not sry

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

I wish I could get one someday !
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Post Tenebras Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    I wish I could get one someday !
    Yes.. I always said that I will never ever get a Mac. But lately I've come to realize just how unsecured Windows is. You never know if there isn't some nasty rootkit hidden somewhere. Never. If I got one, I wouldn't take a single file from Windows with me. The only thing I need to take with me is my brain : p.

And I hate the way Windows is installing/deinstalling new programs. It's so much easier on OS X.. no annoying registry, no program leftovers.

I always said that most of the programs I'm used to wouldn't work on Windows.. well for the few where no counterparts exist, I could always use something like Parallels to imitate a Windows environment (or use bootcamp to install a secondary OS)

I just have the feeling that OS X is cleaner in a way.. I used to say that OS X is for elder people and guys that have no clue about Computers.. I'm not so sure about that anymore. Ofc there are a lot of these wannabe guys, that really have no clue (namely "Apple Fanboys") and just wanna show off their shiny mac. But there are also "normal" guys out there, using Macs.

I think I'll ask around and see if I can get my hands on someones mac for some own experience

Bless you my son

Downloads: 17  Uploads: 0

I have a Imac bloody nightmare, everything is set out to make life as hard as possible, that is why i don,t play online games anymore yes the keyboard and mouse look good but no good for gaming, the Imac may look flash but that's it, as far as everyday use it takes alot of Patients not worth the money.

Elite Member

Downloads: 18  Uploads: 7

I used some macs for a while and I gotta say: if you don't have to play, it's a nice comp.

Hardware is definitely NOT gaming hardware, so if u want play any game with decent framerate (or even if you want to play any game) DON'T get a mac. It sucks. And since I use my comp(s) mostly for gaming and working, PC is better coice coz I can play games (which I can't on mac) and work as well as I would work on a mac.

Also software for pc is 100% free if you know what I mean (starting from windows itself, PS, ecc)

Post Tenebras Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Prosciutto View Post
    Hardware is definitely NOT gaming hardware, so if u want play any game with decent framerate (or even if you want to play any game) DON'T get a mac. It sucks. And since I use my comp(s) mostly for gaming and working, PC is better coice coz I can play games (which I can't on mac) and work as well as I would work on a mac.
    Yea, I'm not a huge gamer anymore anyway. To quote a friend of mine "5 minutes after I start playing a game, I ask myself 'what the fuck am I doing here, wasting my time'". I don't say that games can't serve a purpose, to relax yourself etc. no offense intended, it's just not my thing anymore. I mean I'm up for playing a good campaign once in a while, and a new mac model can usually handle that at mid settings, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosciutto View Post
    Also software for pc is 100% free if you know what I mean (starting from windows itself, PS, ecc)
    Yes I thought about that too. Well, I could still watch movies & series. About software.. Apparently there are warez for that aswell. I don't know enough about that yet.

You could argue that Macs are very expensive, but they have a very high resale value, unlike PCs.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here, just trying to figure out what's fact and what's prejudice, mainly for myself and probably some others might find it useful aswell

Elite Member

That's good, just told what I honestly think of these

Elite Member

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Siron Ex View Post
    Yea, I'm not a huge gamer anymore anyway. To quote a friend of mine "5 minutes after I start playing a game, I ask myself 'what the fuck am I doing here, wasting my time'".
    you are really getting old

btw how old are you ?

.:-'~'*-{-_FIGONA_-}-*'~'-:.====>Shoot3r

Post Tenebras Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot3r View Post
    you are really getting old

btw how old are you ?
    not as old as you might think

btw the friend I was quoting there is studying computer science lol! I guess that means something.

As for the Macbook Pro story, I think I'm gonna buy a Macbook Pro 15' Hi-Res (late '11). A friend of mine brought his macbook with him to university so I could play around a little (and he also showed me a bunch of stuff). It's pretty awesome.. 15' is just the right size. I won't be carrying it around all day every day so the little extra weight and size in comparison to 13,3 don't really matter. On the other hand I get much better hardware and a much better display for "little" extra money.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

So the mac is so irrelevant that hackers ignore it. It's funny that some people use that as an argument pro mac .
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Post Tenebras Lux

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    So the mac is so irrelevant that hackers ignore it. It's funny that some people use that as an argument pro mac .
    I never did, because that's foolish. It's a myth: Mac's are vulnerable, just like Windows PCs. But the majority of malware is programmed for Windows, simply because of the sheer amount of Windows PCs.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siron Ex View Post
    I never did, because that's foolish. It's a myth: Mac's are vulnerable, just like Windows PCs. But the majority of malware is programmed for Windows, simply because of the sheer amount of Windows PCs.
    And guess who's developing these viruses? Antivirus sellers themselves, not some random hacker as most could think

That's business

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information