Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

View Poll Results: Should disabling of textures be allowed in multiplayer using wld_bRenderTextures?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 30.43%
  • No

16 69.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

ah forgot I saw some matches with texture hack in q3 and only some noobs used it ;D all pro players dont use it )

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway for me: Texture Hack = Lights
    u can see u opponent better
    More Famous As:

Wicked Sick Guy
    Shock Therapy
    Alternative Rhythm
    Devils Hand
    Black Hat
    Divine Air
    Quad Damage
    Fuck Fear Drink Beer
    Arrive. Rise Hell. Leave.

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK SpiRiT View Post
    I think we are talking about Serious Sam not Quake, fuck Quake, we want the same game if u pretend it to work well. I mean white walls are always been considered cheat, why should we allow it now? I remember it was years ago when all attacked zeb for sharing this "white walls" cheat, and now Croteam itself wants to allow it? This sounds so brainless you put anticheat VAC, but allow cheats like hacked textures. I will say you more, this will give a huge difference between who uses the white walls, and who for example doesnt want to use this crappy texture like me, and game will be extremly unbalanced, cos white walls make u see things easier; and it's not like shadows, because shadows are visible only in certain points of Shotty map, in other maps are almost useless, so they should stay.
    Who doesnt like Serious Sam must go out and play Quake, but i personally want the same game; making useless changes will just avoid people to play it.

And btw, gratz to the thread maker, you make not public poll so it can be cheated easy
    White walls are always been considered cheat because there wasn't option to enable them in MP by game default. So ppl who changed them manualy (tex hack replacement) had advantage against those who doesent. If everyone can change them by clicking an option why not? Coz of graphic? If you really care about graphic go play HD. Or simple don't move to SS Rev. I dont get why you care about fucking graphic quality in game like this because even with HQ you wont get nothing better but crappy graphic. And those wont be hacked texture, this command is already available in normal game but locked in MP. Test it by yourself on own server.

- - - Updated - - -

@Xaeron

SGI Clan

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CLICK View Post
    White walls are always been considered cheat because there wasn't option to enable them in MP by game default. So ppl who changed them manualy (tex hack replacement) had advantage against those who doesent. If everyone can change them by clicking an option why not? Coz of graphic? If you really care about graphic go play HD. Or simple don't move to SS Rev. I dont get why you care about fucking graphic quality in game like this because even with HQ you wont get nothing better but crappy graphic. And those wont be hacked texture, this command is already available in normal game but locked in MP. Test it by yourself on own server.

- - - Updated - - -

@Xaeron

man, you are shooting bullshits, anyway if u want to decide about Serious Sam rev by your own, do it, we must all use the same game, not some white and some textures; i will follow ur tip and dont move to it

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by HanG View Post
    Yes. Boyz is right. As I remember on tourneys in quake its forced to use white textures so its a rule there. Believe me that there are a lot of players that cant play this game normal. I know the guy who has 250 ms and pwns everything because he has good computer with lot of fps. Another dude has the same ping but he has hardware lags and very big lags after everyfrag which make you free target for even 20 seconds. Its like this just because he cant buy enough good hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

@Xaeron

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

SGI Clan

Actually, in Serious Sam, there is option to make the textures lower, so it could work with low computers, instead white walls are completly different, it gives you completly another kinda view, hacked

It is like you are seeking for some advantage cos u arent able to play on normal textures

Elite Member

For me the low settings actually make me lose 100 FPS, sam is fucked up in that way..

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK SpiRiT View Post
    man, you are shooting bullshits, anyway if u want to decide about Serious Sam rev by your own, do it, we must all use the same game, not some white and some textures; i will follow ur tip and dont move to it
    That make 3rd pv cheat from your point of view because someone have it enabled (see behind corners) and someone not.

SGI Clan

That make 3rd pv cheat from your point of view because someone have it enabled (see behind corners) and someone not.
    yes, so remove third person ok (of course i dont want it), but dont make the game crappy with white walls

Elite Member

I'd like textures as they can be made in Quake, not totally white walls but not like it is now.

Chitinid

Downloads: 62  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by BoyZyatoR View Post
    I'd like textures as they can be made in Quake, not totally white walls but not like it is now.

Having the option to have simple texture like in quake would really be good if u just want to compete, and I think competition is a great part of serious sam

Elite Member

Yep and all complain about these pro changes, it seems Sam will never be a competitive game.

Devils Clan

Downloads:Uploads: 0

In my opinion a pro player likes challenges and when hes playing with white walls to see his opponent better then what kind of pro is he?Im not buying the talk about bad pc and low fps, if lowering the graphic settings in the option menu doesnt help you then you should change the game. Call me a retard but thats a hack for me

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

this whole idea of new sam begins really to look shitter than the sam we have today

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    this whole idea of new sam begins really to look shitter than the sam we have today
    It seems this thing wont change, how can you say so just based on these polls? The Rev will rule, no matter if this blender textures is allowed or not.

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Quote Originally Posted by BoyZyatoR View Post
    It's not a cheat imo, look at shadows, don't you consider them as a cheat? I think there will be poll about shadows too. In many other pro games all pro gamers use simple settings.

It's not about the graphics, it's about the gameplay.
    Shadows is almost the cheat, I'd like to see this disabled in Revolution too, as I've already told to you.

I voted no, sorry.
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information