Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

it's so strange. I have this gtx570 and i5 + 4gb ram but often I have only 40 fps in Sam. How is that possible? Most of the time I have 100-800 fps but sometimes it suddenly goes down. Happens often when there are many players on the map.

Any solutions, guys?
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    it's so strange. I have this gtx570 and i5 + 4gb ram but often I have only 40 fps in Sam. How is that possible? Most of the time I have 100-800 fps but sometimes it suddenly goes down. Happens often when there are many players on the map.

Any solutions, guys?
    Solution: be happy you don't always have 20-40 FPS ;D
    But I think it's caused by prediction for all players on a map and dead lagging. If I had prediction for all players enabled I'd have 10 FPS most of the time, so I changed some option I don't remember so that prediction is only enabled when I point my crosshair at an enemy; it's annoying but I get less lag. But, I'm pretty sure the FPS drop wouldn't be so bad if that was the case, and it's not really "sudden". On the other hand - I'm sure you know what dead lagging is just from the name, it's when your FPS drops while some player is lying dead. This is probably your problem - for me it drops to about 2 FPS, but I guess it's 40 for you since you have such a beast machine [And no, I don't know of any solution to this except kicking the player from the server, or having them respawn]

Elite Member

Downloads:Uploads: 0

For the last 3 months I've had to copy text from some forums and paste into notepad and enlarge the letters there to be like 4 cm's tall to be able to read at all.

Imagine what it feels like now, just installed the Sapphire Radeon HD 7850. Holy shit I got grafix!! Anf finally my screen res can be put to 1920x1080 again

The downside is that in the end I had to pay 200€ for it. I should have gotten a cheaper one but it feels damn good now anyway.

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    For the last 3 months I've had to copy text from some forums and paste into notepad and enlarge the letters there to be like 4 cm's tall to be able to read at all.

Imagine what it feels like now, just installed the Sapphire Radeon HD 7850. Holy shit I got grafix!! Anf finally my screen res can be put to 1920x1080 again

The downside is that in the end I had to pay 200€ for it. I should have gotten a cheaper one but it feels damn good now anyway.
    i see this card for 160€ in online stores, where did u buy it?

guess u dont care anyway cuz ure richhh like luke and metaliman

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    i see this card for 160€ in online stores, where did u buy it?)
    Yeah I find it for that price too (online stores), but I prefer to buy locally, where you litteraly can buy a TV, use it for 3 weeks and then hand it back in again and get the money back. But then you also have to pay 216€ for my card (-16€ if you're insisting). It feels much better and safe to buy there, coz any problem you ever get with their stuff they fix it in seconds.

But I meant that there was no need for that card since I don't play games. I should have gotten a 50-60€ card.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

Yeah I find it for that price too (online stores), but I prefer to buy locally, where you litteraly can buy a TV, use it for 3 weeks and then hand it back in again and get the money back. But then you also have to pay 216€ for my card (-16€ if you're insisting). It feels much better and safe to buy there, coz any problem you ever get with their stuff they fix it in seconds.

But I meant that there was no need for that card since I don't play games. I should have gotten a 50-60€ card.
    But this kind of products rarely has problems, I have never seen any as far as I know around me.
    But of course if a such graphic card is running in a configuration having a bad refreshing system, or being in a mini tower box, you'll obviously get an issue with it

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    But this kind of products rarely has problems, I have never seen any as far as I know around me.
    But of course if a such graphic card is running in a configuration having a bad refreshing system, or being in a mini tower box, you'll obviously get an issue with it
    Yep you're right. But still, in this shitty village, we are lucky to have such a small PC store with great personal service. And obviously they can't compete price wise with huge stores in the city or online stores. And if everyone would always choose the cheapest way, this store would not exist today. Many years ago I bought a DVD player in one of those big city stores. It broke down after 3 months. It took me another 3 months to get it repaired, and even though I threatened them with all kinds of shit, why should they care, their store is always crowded with consumers. My local PC store would have handed over a new DVD player to me the same second I came back in their store, seriously.

VPN Elite

u can bring the product back whenever u want within the warranty and when it gets broken after the warranty its old crap anyway

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

And if everyone would always choose the cheapest way, this store would not exist today.
    If you're well talking about keeping local marketing alive, then i understand it but it's hard because the same products that you can find in commercial centers or "hypermarket" are always less expancive than in the little shop of the street... They can't compete the price as you say but sometimes the difference is so wide that people prefers to choose the cheapest way..

I saw this many times in the pastry where i'm working, people takes command, a cake, whatever the perfume, and then they come to cancel the command because, and I quote a true client I heard in our shop: "I prefer to buy in hypermarket, it's less expancive" yeah... paperboard cake

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    u can bring the product back whenever u want within the warranty
    Many years ago I bought a DVD player in one of those big city stores. It broke down after 3 months. It took me another 3 months to get it repaired
    That was the so called warrany in that big company. But yes, of course I know that warrany and good customer service works good in some big corporations too. But my store is a 4 min walk from my apartment, and I know they would fix the probelm fast, and at least give me a replacement product while I'm waiting. I seriously put a lot of appreciation in a small village store making business that way.

VPN Elite

u can fix the problem faster by putting ur graphic card into the baking oven

Elite Member

lol yea as the card went nuts I googled a little and found the oven baking too, though I thought it was a joke first. Didn't try it, but maybe I'll try baking the old card now to see if it works, for fun.

VPN Elite

lol yea as the card went nuts I googled a little and found the oven baking too, though I thought it was a joke first. Didn't try it, but maybe I'll try baking the old card now to see if it works, for fun.
    share results here

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Solution: be happy you don't always have 20-40 FPS ;D
    But I think it's caused by prediction for all players on a map and dead lagging. If I had prediction for all players enabled I'd have 10 FPS most of the time, so I changed some option I don't remember so that prediction is only enabled when I point my crosshair at an enemy; it's annoying but I get less lag. But, I'm pretty sure the FPS drop wouldn't be so bad if that was the case, and it's not really "sudden". On the other hand - I'm sure you know what dead lagging is just from the name, it's when your FPS drops while some player is lying dead. This is probably your problem - for me it drops to about 2 FPS, but I guess it's 40 for you since you have such a beast machine [And no, I don't know of any solution to this except kicking the player from the server, or having them respawn]
    yes, I think you are right and it's this "dead lagging" you describe there. also possible that it has smth to do with prediction. but what can I do?
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information