Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    Well the G400s is alittle bit different. Looks different but the size is almost the same as old G400.
    Maybe the cord problem has been fixed in that mouse. There's also G500s, but I think 400 is much better.
    People always bragged at g500, how bad it is, so I think G400s is a good choice.
    yep g400 is better than g500,dunno why my best was the g5 that is similar to g500

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

IDK, I have a SS Kinzu v2 for 6-7 months now and it's not broken yet. Even though my G500 already had a broken cord (disconnect/reconnect all the time), broken sensor (didn't move at all on anything black) and a broken scroll wheel (no clicky mode) by this time. And my sens is medium, though I don't see why that matters.

For pad I had a QcK but it was too small and wore out a bit after 2 months (more friction in middle of the pad.. Still playable though.) Now I have cheap ass Allsop Raindrop XL for like $12 and it is way bigger and still isn't wearing out.

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

I guess you don't use the mouse too often then.

I slide my mouse and click alot like 12-16 hours a day. It's used as office and gaming mouse. I don't just browse the web, I have to quickly cut, copy, paste, click CLICK CLICK CLICK MOVE MOVE MOVE etc. 12-16 hours a day (including 1-2 hours of gameplay, depends of what kinda of day will be). Maybe that's the reason I wear out mice very quickly.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Advanced Membury

I guess you don't use the mouse too often then.

I slide my mouse and click alot like 12-16 hours a day. It's used as office and gaming mouse. I don't just browse the web, I have to quickly cut, copy, paste, click CLICK CLICK CLICK MOVE MOVE MOVE etc. 12-16 hours a day (including 1-2 hours of gameplay, depends of what kinda of day will be). Maybe that's the reason I wear out mice very quickly.
    Well I use the PC 9-10 hours a day, 4-5 hours of that is usually gaming. And at 36cm/360 and fast games like UT where you have to look around a lot that's a lot of mouse movement. Granted, past month I haven't been gaming much. But still.

Director

So you use it alot then. It means people just received products with fabric defects or don't treat their mouse properly.
    -
    -----------------

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Well I use the PC 9-10 hours a day, 4-5 hours of that is usually gaming..
    wtf

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Advanced Membury

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    wtf
    Too much, or not enough? On weekends I sit for 12-13 hours

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

Lucky and/or playing with high sens.

My DA 2013 just doubleclicks from time to time, but happened to two logitechs B110 and one random mouse.
    Doubleclicking hell.
    Btw my DA has lasted for 2 years already, and it's working perfectly, while I had 2 G400's, and they both broke in 1year max.

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Their mice are as fragile as Razer and they don't offer too much for such a high price, the qck mousepad's price has increased by 15-20%. I've read on many forums/sites that Goliathus Speed mousepad has less friction than QCK mousepad. Now I understand why does my deathadder 2013 have sucha small teflon feet. It slides worse than 15 euros M6900 mouse, which as like 4x larger/more teflon feet.

Btw I wouldn't ever buy any gaming headset from brand like Razer, Steelseries etc. The best audio stuff, even for gaming is producent by top audiophile brands. They also offer high quality, comfortable headphones for similar price and 2-3x better performance/10x better durability.

You pay for a brand, nothing else. Pro's who don't rely on their sponsors recommend mice like IntelliMouse or WMO for 10 euros lol. When it comes to mousepads - some people prefer brands like Qpad, Zowie
    I meant mouse (since the main topic is about gaming mouses) i'm just getting seriously annoyed by razer's crappy stuff and horrible software.. exepted Razer, Steelseries is the only other brand used by professionals.

I got a Mamba (2012 edit) since almost 3 years, I had a few issues with it but it's still alive (but dat constantly glitching software... )
    I would like to try a mouse from Steelseries now. I used to have a QcK+ and I was rather disapointed by it (the mousepad didn't provide the expected performance with the roccat kone+ and the corsair M60, it wasn't as reactive as the Kone on the roccat taito or sense mousepads or as the mamba on the goliathus) but i'd like to try again but with a steelseries mouse this time. Probably the Rival.

Their Siberia is probably the most interesting gaming headset ever made, but i'd share Chyl's opinion about prefering audiophile materials.
    About the keyboards... still nothing better than Logitech G imo

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Chitinid

Downloads: 62  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    exepted Razer, Steelseries is the only other brand used by professionals.
    My brain hurts...
    I eat cereals for breakfast

Director

I think you should try Zowie mice.

https://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?i=products&p=1
    -
    -----------------

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Quote Originally Posted by [_KlesK_] View Post
    My brain hurts...
    I didn't say it correctly, I should rather say: Steelseries is the other main brand used by professionals.

I can only see Razer or Steelseries sponsoring the biggest events, Qpad sometimes, rest is almost inexistent.. and there must be a reason to it.
    Take Roccat for example, they're recognized as a professional hardware manufacturer, however they're far to be as popular as Razer or SteelSeries, and I actually know why: They products are total crap (I experienced it myself).

There's plenty of other brands pretending to make professional hardware, but they products are simply less good than Razer or SteelSeries (i'm not talking about durability)
    Take the Corsair M60 gaming mouse as example, the ergonomy is absolutely awful, it's not even made to fit an alien hand... however Corsair is recognized as a top brand when it comes about computer components, but making mouses/kayboards were not they main buisness.. that explains why their "savoir-faire" is less good than Razer or SteelSeries. That's why those two remains the biggest gaming hardware brands to me.
    Just to quote, do you see Kingston doing gaming mouses, Western Digital doing headphones or SteelSeries doing PC cases? that'd be stupid... they keep doing what they're meant to, and that's why they're the best in their domain.
    I'd never buy so called "gaming mouse" from a brand that makes computer components such Cooler Master or Corsair.

I don't know if you guys can actually see what I mean, so i'll try with another example

Brands that makes all type of products are generally less good than the concurrence who's specialized in this..
    Let's talk about music this time:

Would you choose Phillips headphones (knowing Phillips (are total morons) also does cloth washers, electric shavers etc...) or headphones from a specialized brand such AKG or Sennheiser, knowing they do audio material ONLY?
    Result speaks, products from those brands are always highly rated compared to those from the general brands like Phillips...

Razer invented the gaming mouse, SteelSeries developped a good range of gaming hardware aswell, now I don't know all brands, but most of the rest are just wannabes trying to take a part of a market that doesn't belong to them..

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Chitinid

Jesus Christ...

Among quake live pros, the most common mice are from microsoft, then there are many from logitech and steelseries (only kinzu and kana), and some from razer (only DA and abyssus, the others are for morons) and zowie.

Sponsorship doesn't mean anything, rofl, neither what other products that brand produces. Just look at the quality of the single product.

Director

WMO and IE 1.1, 3.0 - ofc very common, but just because in the good ol 2000-2006 you couldn't find any better mouse, there were like NONE gaming mice back then. Pros used and some of them still use Microsoft cheap mice just because they've played many years with the same mouse and they are just used to it. The sensor is just decent, has alot of negative accel, jittering and you need to tweak the polling rate. Pros even add their own teflon feet to the ol good WMO and IE mice or even exchange sensors from flawless AVAGO sensor mice... eek. Do you know what does that mean? It means the only thing that really matters is mouse shape (if it fits your hand just as you want it to fit) and how it glides on the pad. Period.

Regarding the pros... Some of them (evil and Strenx) like the built in hardware acceleration in Kinzu v1. Their LG and Rail aim is considered almost flawless (they're considered best aimers in Quake besides Cooller, who uses Zowie eVo CL). Av3k is sponsored by Razer, so he uses their gear. Cypher also uses Steelseries gear, afaik it's Kana or Kinzu v1 also. Whatever mouse you give them, they'll still own and hit 50% LG accuracy anyway. :dafuq:

Offtopic: Btw Cooller tried to play without accel and his aim improved abit. Maybe that's just placebo effect... who knows. I think Accel is needed in quake if you like low sens for aiming and some accel for flick shots and map moving (rocket jumping, strafejumping etc.)
    -
    -----------------

Chitinid

Shape is not actually the only thing that matters. Ofc some of them will choose a mouse with some acceleration, while some prefer mice without any, but for example nobody (as far as I know) uses laser mice in QL, while most of the gaming mice produced nowadays use laser sensors. There is something like a pool of 10-15 mice from various brands which pros use, and I think that the only thing that they have in common is the fact that their sensors are superior to the others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information