Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    WMO and IE 1.1, 3.0 - ofc very common, but just because in the good ol 2000-2006 you couldn't find any better mouse, there were like NONE gaming mice back then. Pros used and some of them still use Microsoft cheap mice just because they've played many years with the same mouse and they are just used to it. The sensor is just decent, has alot of negative accel, jittering and you need to tweak the polling rate. Pros even add their own teflon feet to the ol good WMO and IE mice or even exchange sensors from flawless AVAGO sensor mice... eek. Do you know what does that mean? It means the only thing that really matters is mouse shape (if it fits your hand just as you want it to fit) and how it glides on the pad. Period.

Regarding the pros... Some of them (evil and Strenx) like the built in hardware acceleration in Kinzu v1. Their LG and Rail aim is considered almost flawless (they're considered best aimers in Quake besides Cooller, who uses Zowie eVo CL).

Offtopic: Btw Cooller tried to play without accel and his aim improved abit. Maybe that's just placebo effect... who knows. I think Accel is needed in quake if you like low sens for aiming and some accel for flick shots and map moving (rocket jumping, strafejumping etc.)
    I agree, shape is the most important as long as sensor is decent. My school has a few WMOs lying around, but they have low glitch out speed (after which there's negative accel) so I actually can't play at my sensitivity with them. But the shape is a bit too big for me (perfect for palm grip, but I use fingertip). I really wish there was a small, lightweight (<80g) mouse with a perfect sensor like in G502 or something.

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Quote Originally Posted by [_KlesK_] View Post
    Shape is not actually the only thing that matters. Ofc some of them will choose a mouse with some acceleration, while some prefer mice without any, but for example nobody (as far as I know) uses laser mice in QL, while most of the gaming mice produced nowadays use laser sensors. There is something like a pool of 10-15 mice from various brands which pros use, and I think that the only thing that they have in common is the fact that their sensors are superior to the others.
    The most important mouse factors:
    1. Shape (if it fit your hand as you want it to fit)
    2. Sensor
    3. glide (big teflon feet is the key)
    4. Sensors lift off range - very important for low sens players)

Ofc Laser mice suck for gaming. The new g400s is optical though... while g500s is laser... gaming? no thanks.

I wouldn't look at acceleration anyway, it's better to choose mice without any. Why? Well why would you need hardware accel which is not possible to change in anyway, while you have thousands of possibilities to set your accel in Quake.

You have:
    cl_mouseaccel which is the velocity of accel
    Cl_mouseaccelpower - i don't change it, default is 2, the power of accel.
    cl_mousesenscap - the maximum sensitivity which accel can hit (example, you use 40cm/360 and 0.20 accel at 400 dpi, when you move your mouse very fast, the accel will not be infinite, it will accelerate to the sensitivity you've capped, so if senscap is 5, and sensitivity base is 2, then you get like 20cm/360 and it won't go any higher.
    cl_mouseacceloffset - this is the number variable. By entering some number here you decide when the accel kicks in. So if you have this set let's say to 5, you must move your mouse with certain speed to get acceleration to work. I use 0, because i like when accel kicks in depending on how fast i flick my mouse, it's easier to adapt such accel style(muscle memory).

No matter what accel style you use, the quake acceleration is LINEAR (making it consistent) and different than the accel built in mice, gaming mice software and the accel provided by windows.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Chitinid

Downloads: 62  Uploads: 0

I eat cereals for breakfast

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

Try Zowie FK, I'd probably take it if my DA would suddenly break

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

Director

Yeah I was thinking of Evo CL, I need the biggest possible so I look at the chart.
    If it's not possible, then g400s.
    -
    -----------------

Advanced Membury

Yeah, Zowie FK is the other mouse I really like, but I think it also has bad button input lag

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    The most important mouse factors:
    1. Shape (if it fit your hand as you want it to fit)
    2. Sensor
    3. glide (big teflon feet is the key)
    4. Sensors lift off range - very important for low sens players)

Ofc Laser mice suck for gaming. The new g400s is optical though... while g500s is laser... gaming? no thanks.

I wouldn't look at acceleration anyway, it's better to choose mice without any. Why? Well why would you need hardware accel which is not possible to change in anyway, while you have thousands of possibilities to set your accel in Quake.

You have:
    cl_mouseaccel which is the velocity of accel
    Cl_mouseaccelpower - i don't change it, default is 2, the power of accel.
    cl_mousesenscap - the maximum sensitivity which accel can hit (example, you use 40cm/360 and 0.20 accel at 400 dpi, when you move your mouse very fast, the accel will not be infinite, it will accelerate to the sensitivity you've capped, so if senscap is 5, and sensitivity base is 2, then you get like 20cm/360 and it won't go any higher.
    cl_mouseacceloffset - this is the number variable. By entering some number here you decide when the accel kicks in. So if you have this set let's say to 5, you must move your mouse with certain speed to get acceleration to work. I use 0, because i like when accel kicks in depending on how fast i flick my mouse, it's easier to adapt such accel style(muscle memory).

No matter what accel style you use, the quake acceleration is LINEAR (making it consistent) and different than the accel built in mice, gaming mice software and the accel provided by windows.
    on certain mouses as the mamba, you can enable/custom/disable the acceleration

So you would recommend to completely disable the acceleration from the mouse software and to deal only with the one from the game?
    That would make sense in fact, using two acceleration parameters just doesn't..

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Chitinid

Downloads: 62  Uploads: 0

Optical mouse, no mouse acceleration or smoothing or prediction or angle snapping, set to the most stable dpi setting (on most mice this is 800), 6/11 windows speed + mousefix, and then application sensitivity and acceleration.
    I eat cereals for breakfast

Director

Ofcourse.

Actually only Quake has such advanced accel features, including linear acceleration. I'm not sure about CS:S or CS:GO, but as far as i know, these games have some simple non-linear acceleration system, harder to adapt.
    -
    -----------------

Campers Clan

I know you can set the acceleration in csgo, now I don't know enough what kind of acceleration it is..

I saw many pro uses very low dpi, from 200 to 800, I've always been on 300 dpi for sam, on CS I tried 400 and now i'm on 500 (wouldn't go higher though) on windows i'm at 7/11. I think it's a correct setting as long as I feel comfortable with it and that I can handle it.

What's that mouse fix btw?

Advanced Membury

He probably means MarkC mousefix. Isn't that only needed for older games like UT and Sam anyway?

Director

just check your cm/360 , nice to check on mouse-sensitivity.com

enter your dpi, in game sens and it will calculate your cm/360.
    -
    -----------------

Campers Clan

what's the difference between laser mouse and optical mouse anyway? the market is really split, many pro teams use optical mouses and many other pro teams use laser mices such the Sensei... (depending their sponsor) and from both sides those teams win their tournaments with those products...
    Does the sensor type really matter?

SGI Clan

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

sensei is the best mouse on the market, i own it since years....but i had also an optical mouse Steelseries Ikari, and i think they are more recommended for FPS arena, short shooting range etc. I think optical is more precise sensor for this kind of games.

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK SpiRiT View Post
    sensei is the best mouse on the market, i own it since years....but i had also an optical mouse Steelseries Ikari, and i think they are more recommended for FPS arena, short shooting range etc. I think optical is more precise sensor for this kind of games.
    Why a game would affect sensor precision?

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information