Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    GTX 1080ti - 900€
    GTX 1080 - 700€
    GTX 1070 - 560€

prices in Russia, thank you Donald Trump
    it's the same prices everywhere, and if you were following the news a bit you'd notice it's because of the bitcoin minning, when will people quit blaming Trump for every single shit that happens in the world? Trump is awesome!

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

those cards perform poorly for bitcoin mining haha, you pay like 80€ to get 0,80€ xd

its more because of the huge ethereum mining farms - a gtx 1070 alone mines 100€ per month so wait until asic miners with 10x performance will overtake the graphicscards

the prices will drop quickly by up to 100%

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

managed to get a MSI GTX 1070 Armor for 399€, not a too bad deal I suppose

Campers Clan

just quickly made a new table yesterday, adding the feature of checking how much points you gained compared to your older system, this table can be modified by everyone who will demand access to the edit function. I updated few scores myself, now just missing mine that will be coming as soon as I get the new card. I expect to reach 10K points at least.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I also invite everyone that remains on GZ to try doing a 3DMark test so we can have some more data to compare and fill that table =)
    Last edited by Skyward; 24.10.2017 at 14:08.

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    managed to get a MSI GTX 1070 Armor for 399€, not a too bad deal I suppose
    well i got used 1080 amp extreme for 360

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

can you explain in simple terms what benchmarks is, please?
    I feel myself an old fart asking that by the way :L
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Hand View Post
    well i got used 1080 amp extreme for 360
    New or used?

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    can you explain in simple terms what benchmarks is, please?
    I feel myself an old fart asking that by the way :L
    A benchmark is a score calculated by analyzing your system performances while being pushed at their maximal capacity: Bench (like the cars bench we use to define the HP after engine modifications) Mark (a score, like a mark on a school test).

The higher the (bench)mark is, the mightier is your PC and able to handle heavy softwares and last gen videogames.

VPN Elite

somehow funny to see a single 1080 Ti is similar to 4x Titan Black

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

Gj with the table, but you didn't include my upgrade from HD 5870 to 980 Ti, which would be propably the biggest out there

Campers Clan

fixed

I wonder how much more years it will take to overcome Play3r's computer with basic last gen components, but one more important question, considering nobody needed that fuck power back in 2014, would it have been wise to spend so much money on those GTX Titans? We will know when basic componants will beat it, because we'll be able to calculate how much did we spend in replaced components all the years he didn't spend anything at all.

If his invested money overcomes ours at that period, then he would have wasted money.

One a side note, I realize Karl Logan's old graphics score was quite good, I suspect some old GPU SLI/Cross being decent viable solutions if we don't have the money to invest in last gen cards

EDIT: well we could actually do this now:

x4 GTX Titan Black = 4000€ (score 40 000)
    x2 GTX 1070 = 900€ (score 38000)
    Progressively upgraded Radeon 7870 - GTX 960 - GTX 1070 = 800€ (score from 6000 to probably 14 000)

Conclusion1: Play3r did actually waste about 3100€
    Conclusion2: Buying a SLI of xx70 is a WAY better investment in time than buying lower end GPUS and replacing them few times - because it costs the same price and grants you much better performance over the years.
    Now i'm seriously considering getting a 1070 SLI someday.
    Last edited by Skyward; 25.10.2017 at 15:03.

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

New or used?
    used,a sli of 1070 could do even more,my 3770k bottleneck...2 980ti custom in overclock can do 40k do,a single 1080ti oc 32k,but even 2x980 can do 32k at cheaper prices

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

fixed

I wonder how much more years it will take to overcome Play3r's computer with basic last gen components, but one more important question, considering nobody needed that fuck power back in 2014, would it have been wise to spend so much money on those GTX Titans? We will know when basic componants will beat it, because we'll be able to calculate how much did we spend in replaced components all the years he didn't spend anything at all.

If his invested money overcomes ours at that period, then he would have wasted money.

EDIT: well we could actually do this now:

x4 GTX Titan Black = 4000€ (score 40 000)
    x2 GTX 1070 = 900€ (score 38000)
    Progressively upgraded Radeon 7870 - GTX 960 - GTX 1070 = 800€ (score from 6000 to probably 14 000)

Conclusion1: Play3r did actually waste about 3100€
    afaik Play3'r PC was more of a workstation rather than gaming rig. And because of that he have chosen Titan Black's over, for exapmple, 980's - because he needed more computing power for professional use. So from that point of view he didn't really waste any money.

And he replaced those Titan Black's with two Maxwell Titan X's like 2 years ago. Dunno what are his plans for the upcoming 2018 tho.

Conclusion2: Buying a SLI of xx70 is a WAY better investment in time than buying lower end GPUS and replacing them few times - because it costs the same price and grants you much better performance over the years.
    Now i'm seriously considering getting a 1070 SLI someday.
    That is absolutely not true. Doing SLI with non-top-end cards is a pure waste of money. It's always a better choice to buy one ultra powerful GPU than two mid-high ends. SLI always means trouble and, as you know, it never scales 100% of the power of second card.

And changing topic to the table itself - I don't think that "System year" is a good thing, since it only shows when the result was posted, not when the rig was actually built. Mine with 5870 was actually done in 2010 and that's pretty important i think.

VPN Elite

agree 50%% with the post above

GTX 1070 SLI = 500W consumption 2x 80°C sources to cool down - 8GB GDDR5 (800€)
    GTX 1080 Ti = 280W consumption 1x 75°C source to cool down - 11GB GDDR5X (800€)

the performance difference is mostly the same, margin differences really

this year i have owned a 980 Ti, a 1070 and a 1080 and i sold them with 250€ profit (my 780 was 100€ XD)
    fede and simo became a little power hungry lately, they purchased monster cards and even kept them

whenever we find cheap cards we get them no matter what

to privateer, owning titan cards is actually a waste of money since they dont perform signifficantly better than similar family consumer chips

for example 1080 Ti and titan XP 400€ difference for what?

graphics cards for a professional use (CAD, Video rendering) would be Tesla models which cost similar but perform much much faster for that purpose, if youre gonna mention the difference now from 6GB to 12GB its not much of a difference either since the bandwith is not being adopted - compare it to a tesla model and you will see why these cards are for a true professional use

but it doesnt matter for what purpose Play3r got those cards, i read once it is his expression for a true enthusiast - so that's called a hobby and not even an expensive hobby or life threatening

and those multi gpus give us a good reference to compare with single cards - i like it

Campers Clan

Still getting another 1070 could be a good opportunity to boost your system at reduced price for few more years, I mean you don't have to buy the 2 cards dirrectly but get one now and the other one later when your comp starts struggling, it'll cost even less money.

Of course getting the 1080 (or high end) would be the best but it's not everyone who can spend half a salary on it all at once

Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread Information