Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

If I had Amco's CPU i'd surely be above 21K, my current compuer is already faster than 88% of submited scores, which means barely 15% of people invests seriously in their computer averagely, that's not a lot

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    If I had Amco's CPU i'd surely be above 21K, my current compuer is already faster than 88% of submited scores, which means barely 15% of people invests seriously in their computer averagely, that's not a lot
    As long as you're satisfied with your PC's performance in gaming, you shouldn't be bothered by any benchmark scores at all

4c/4t cpu's will always show significantly lower score than 4c/8t cpu's (example: my 1st gen "i7" vs you 7th gen i5 ) - and it's gonna ruin your overall score. But when it comes to gaming, your i5 destroys my i7 without ant sweat . Don't take those scores too serious.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    As long as you're satisfied with your PC's performance in gaming, you shouldn't be bothered by any benchmark scores at all

4c/4t cpu's will always show significantly lower score than 4c/8t cpu's (example: my 1st gen "i7" vs you 7th gen i5 ) - and it's gonna ruin your overall score. But when it comes to gaming, your i5 destroys my i7 without ant sweat . Don't take those scores too serious.
    I still got an issue, with my small OC the CPU goes up to 84°c when I play NFS Heat Well once I tried some heavy stress test and I went 97°c, the CPU was still totally fine with no issue, but I doubt it's very safe to keep on such temps on long term.

edit: the game's name goes along with the temp issue

MobbingZone24 Elite

97°c

are you sure you've done you OC right? that's a dangerously high temp for a 7th gen i5, even with extreme OC

Campers Clan

are you sure you've done you OC right? that's a dangerously high temp for a 7th gen i5, even with extreme OC
    I pushed everything to max, went up to 4.8 Ghz, RAM to 3000Mhz... and at that time one of my radiator fan was disabled (for some unknown reason) which may explain why the cpu reached that temp

talking about RAM, what does it improve to OC it?

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

I pushed everything to max, went up to 4.8 Ghz, RAM to 3000Mhz... and at that time one of my radiator fan was disabled (for some unknown reason) which may explain why the cpu reached that temp

talking about RAM, what does it improve to OC it?
    OCing ram chips is all about luck, nothing else

all DDR4 ram chips are originally clocked at 2133Mhz unless you higher the clocks manually or by XMP profile
    most vendors know the maximum stable clock speeds of their chips and thus sell them already with higher clocks like for example 3200 Mhz / 3666 / 4000 Mhz with signifficantly higher costs ofcourse

if you have G Skill Rams for example its 99% sure this chip has the highest clocks stated already

The XMP profiles do not work always well with Ryzen CPUs because its an Intel technology originally sou u might clock them manually

also theres no need to use higher clock speeds than 3600 Mhz to pair it with any current ryzen CPU as it doesnt affect the cpu then

you can try to oc manually by trying little steps and do not ever set the voltage higher than 1,65V

you can be lucky to buy 2133Mhz stated ram chips that could be able to clock up to 4000 Mhz
    also it could be impossible to overclock it just a tiny bit

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    OCing ram chips is all about luck, nothing else

all DDR4 ram chips are originally clocked at 2133Mhz unless you higher the clocks manually or by XMP profile
    most vendors know the maximum stable clock speeds of their chips and thus sell them already with higher clocks like for example 3200 Mhz / 3666 / 4000 Mhz with signifficantly higher costs ofcourse

if you have G Skill Rams for example its 99% sure this chip has the highest clocks stateted already

you can try to oc manually by trying little steps and do not ever set the voltage higher than 1,65V

you can be lucky to buy 2133Mhz stated ram chips that could be able to clock up to 4000 Mhz
    also it could be impossible to overclock it just a tiny bit
    I use 2 corsair vengeance RGB something and 2 kingston hyperx savage, 4x8Gb, if i'm not mistaken these are exactly the same chips. I used two XMP profiles with my previous MSI mobo, one OCed these to 2400 and the other one to 3000 (mines are 3000Mhz on OC, 2133 base clock). The problem is that this XMP profile turned the fans at max speed and it was noisy as hell, and somehow I didn't find how to reduce the speed :/

but it worked, then I did a benchmark on 3DMark and I saw no difference in the result as with 2133 clock.. which is why I asked what does it improve to OC the RAM because I couldn't see any improvement in the numbers

I should do further research because the Asus BIOS seemed far better than the MSI, giving me far more customization possibilities

VPN Elite

I use 2 corsair vengeance RGB something and 2 kingston hyperx savage, 4x8Gb, if i'm not mistaken these are exactly the same chips. I used two XMP profiles with my previous MSI mobo, one OCed these to 2400 and the other one to 3000 (mines are 3000Mhz on OC, 2133 base clock). The problem is that this XMP profile turned the fans at max speed and it was noisy as hell, and somehow I didn't find how to reduce the speed :/

but it worked, then I did a benchmark on 3DMark and I saw no difference in the result as with 2133 clock.. which is why I asked what does it improve to OC the RAM because I couldn't see any improvement in the numbers
    your 4 cores hardly benefit from overclocking the ram chips, in games you will regognize 1-4 fps difference i'd say and in firestrike physics the difference is marginal too
    besides that the 7600K might not be able to handle more than 2400 Mhz anyway

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

your 4 cores hardly benefit from overclocking the ram chips, in games you will regognize 1-4 fps difference i'd say and in firestrike physics the difference is marginal too
    besides that the 7600K might not be able to handle more than 2400 Mhz anyway
    I think the tech specs do mention the max clock of 2400mhz, but some people have been telling me it's bullshit and it can handle more, so i'm not sure who to believe, I didn't even make a research about it

@Privateer: Love the new table looking btw, but I haven't found the Time Spy table you mentioned in a previous post

VPN Elite

the secret in overclocking is to use the least possible voltage to the highest possible clockspeed to make sure it doesnt overheat too easily

if your chip runs over 80 degree it becomes ineffeciently, you have to imagine electrodes get slower with the heat and need more power to move.. a chip that clocks 4,5 GHz at 60 degree performs better than a chip at 4,8 Ghz at 97 degree

- - - Updated - - -

I think the tech specs do mention the max clock of 2400mhz, but some people have been telling me it's bullshit and it can handle more, so i'm not sure who to believe, I didn't even make a research about it

@Privateer: Love the new table looking btw, but I haven't found the Time Spy table you mentioned in a previous post
    thats true as i said before there is NO equal chip so intel has to make sure what the stable clocks are for every chip from its series
    some chips can go beyond and some simply cant - its important to understand this

but you can check at what clockspeeds your ram runs at firestrike or gpuz

- - - Updated - - -

here its pretty clear that you did not oc your ram chips lol

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/42988982?

MobbingZone24 Elite

yeah, i couldn't sleep last night so i had to do something to kill the time you can find a separate time spy tab at the bottom of the sheet.

Campers Clan

yeah, i couldn't sleep last night so i had to do something to kill the time you can find a separate time spy tab at the bottom of the sheet.
    Ohh alright I found it now, I didn't even know Sheets could do that so I didn't expect to find anything here

here its pretty clear that you did not oc your ram chips lol

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/42988982?
    No no I didn't mean on this benchmark, it was 2 years ago with my 1070

So you mean it is possible to reduce the voltage without touching the clock? is there only the voltage I should try to adjust or it affects other settings too? Which value should I try first?

VPN Elite

yeah ok but still, why wouldnt u use the free extra power that u get with the xmp profile? it doesnt make any sense not to use it lol

talking about undervolting i mean the Vcore voltage that you can find in bios, but check the value first with CPUZ

i dont know 7600K voltages but to get a decent oc i would set the voltage on auto and set it to like 4,8 Ghz, then try some workload and check the voltage value and temp

then go to bios again and begin with the voltage that u saw on cpu z -5% then reduce the voltage by 3-5% and restart the pc until it will crash at the workload

then restart again and set the last value that the workout worked stable with - then compare temps

Campers Clan

yeah ok but still, why wouldnt u use the free extra power that u get with the xmp profile? it doesnt make any sense not to use it lol

talking about undervolting i mean the Vcore voltage that you can find in bios, but check the value first with CPUZ

i dont know 7600K voltages but to get a decent oc i would set the voltage on auto and set it to like 4,8 Ghz, then try some workload and check the voltage value and temp

then go to bios again and begin with the voltage that u saw on cpu z -5% then reduce the voltage by 3-5% and restart the pc until it will crash at the workload

then restart again and set the last value that the workout worked stable with - then compare temps
    Will give a look and see how it goes, thanks

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

I tried overclocking my RAM from 3200 to 3400 but there was some problem all the time with the timings! I would leave them on AUTO and it would just put them to some ridiculous values like 24 CAS when it was 16 before etc.... even when I reverted it i got black screen and BIOS reset :\ so I just don't bother doing this..... I set the settings provided by manufacturer and they run on normal timings now.... 3200 is good anyway (better than 3400 on shit timing)..... I just decided to try it since apparently Ryzen benefit from this (1-2 % lol)

Also why doesn't Skyward use XMP settings provided by RAM manufacturer? Why does he run this CPU with this GPU? And why a 7th gen Intel chip doesn't have hyper-threading?

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information