Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    oc like a pro!
    Meh) I read that OC on Ryzen is not very good

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

I always had bad experiences with MSI products. My first motherboard died due to using an overclock preset, a factory preset which a matter of very small values which shouldn't have harmed anything, yet the mobo died of it. It was a basic MSI mobo thought but even if it had OC presets, I assumed it wasn't made for that, so I bought one from MSI again, a Z270 Gaming M3.

When I transferred my components into a new case, I pulled too hard on the 20 pin USB connector and damaged the whole USB circuit, which resulted all the USB slots being down. The connectors of the MSI mobos are really poor quality and my fingers hurted so much after unplugging all those damn cables, it felt like taking off Excalibur every time I unplugged one with my new asus mobo it was so easy, instantly felt much more qualitative and solid. Not to mention the 20 pins USB slot is not on the side but straight in front of you, which makes plugging it easier in certain cases (and more solid again).
    The ASUS ROG bios is much better and user friendly than the MSI too (but the factory OC presets are supid nonsense and you don't see any of the modified values before you validate the OC, which can be quite... problematic).

My MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z has just gone into smoke recently... at the end only my old GTX 960 survived, MSI is over for me. I believe Asus has far more experience in doing quality stuff as their product range covers plenty of stuff other brands are not even doing, such as sound cards (which are very interesting) and plenty more. Asus is globally a bit more expensive but they're worth it. Never had any issue with them.

By the way ask Prottoss how long did his all new MSI laptop last alive

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    Meh) I read that OC on Ryzen is not very good
    i secretly oc'd my ryzen 2700, yet we have a very good realationship

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Fiat Punto

i secretly oc'd my ryzen 2700, yet we have a very good realationship
    I mean on 3rd gen only, idk about 1st and 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I always had bad experiences with MSI products. My first motherboard died due to using an overclock preset, a factory preset which a matter of very small values which shouldn't have harmed anything, yet the mobo died of it. It was a basic MSI mobo thought but even if it had OC presets, I assumed it wasn't made for that, so I bought one from MSI again, a Z270 Gaming M3.

When I transferred my components into a new case, I pulled too hard on the 20 pin USB connector and damaged the whole USB circuit, which resulted all the USB slots being down. The connectors of the MSI mobos are really poor quality and my fingers hurted so much after unplugging all those damn cables, it felt like taking off Excalibur every time I unplugged one with my new asus mobo it was so easy, instantly felt much more qualitative and solid. Not to mention the 20 pins USB slot is not on the side but straight in front of you, which makes plugging it easier in certain cases (and more solid again).
    The ASUS ROG bios is much better and user friendly than the MSI too (but the factory OC presets are supid nonsense and you don't see any of the modified values before you validate the OC, which can be quite... problematic).

My MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z has just gone into smoke recently... at the end only my old GTX 960 survived, MSI is over for me. I believe Asus has far more experience in doing quality stuff as their product range covers plenty of stuff other brands are not even doing, such as sound cards (which are very interesting) and plenty more. Asus is globally a bit more expensive but they're worth it. Never had any issue with them.

By the way ask Prottoss how long did his all new MSI laptop last alive
    I don't know) I guess you are right about USB connector, but I thought it is like that on most motherboards, for example my mother broke the case USB 3 because she pulled too hard on the connector, but that thing was REALLY stuck! (ASRock motherboard)
    Also the BIOS seems ok, there is "EZ Mode" that is more user-friendly I guess but I don't find the other one hard to get around too

For GPUs - I read online that MSI's RX 5700 XT models have problem with overheating memory if you don't apply some mod... so I stayed away from them and took Sapphire

On the topic of laptops!!!!! My brother has an MSI laptop for a very long time (over 4 years now) so there is always both sides of the story!) Think it was some 7th gen i7 at 2.5 GHz and a GTX 960M

VPN Elite

you have written that oc on ryzen is not good, yet still not explained why...

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

I don't know) I guess you are right about USB connector, but I thought it is like that on most motherboards, for example my mother broke the case USB 3 because she pulled too hard on the connector, but that thing was REALLY stuck! (ASRock motherboard)
    Also the BIOS seems ok, there is "EZ Mode" that is more user-friendly I guess but I don't find the other one hard to get around too

For GPUs - I read online that MSI's RX 5700 XT models have problem with overheating memory if you don't apply some mod... so I stayed away from them and took Sapphire

On the topic of laptops!!!!! My brother has an MSI laptop for a very long time (over 4 years now) so there is always both sides of the story!) Think it was some 7th gen i7 at 2.5 GHz and a GTX 960M
    problem with those "EZ modes" is that it's a bunch of nonsense, taking my asus mobo for example: the preset OCed the CPU from 3,8 to 4,2ghz, which is good, but it also OCed the RAM from 2133 Mhz to 4000! Why the fuck 4000 Mhz for RAM with such a small CPU OC? Who the fuck even uses 4000 Mhz RAM nowdays?

my RAM only goes up to 3000 Mhz and my CPU only supports 2400 Mhz. The OC preset failed and I was brought back to the BIOS. Now someone that doesn't know shit about OCing or the stuff inside their computer... or both, will never figure out the issue that didn't let the pc start properly, that it came from the stupid RAM OC that didn't fit the RAM inside the computer, so it's not so "EZ"...

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

problem with those "EZ modes" is that it's a bunch of nonsense, taking my asus mobo for example: the preset OCed the CPU from 3,8 to 4,2ghz, which is good, but it also OCed the RAM from 2133 Mhz to 4000! Why the fuck 4000 Mhz for RAM with such a small CPU OC? Who the fuck even uses 4000 Mhz RAM nowdays?

my RAM only goes up to 3000 Mhz and my CPU only supports 2400 Mhz. The OC preset failed and I was brought back to the BIOS. Now someone that doesn't know shit about OCing or the stuff inside their computer... or both, will never figure out the issue that didn't let the pc start properly, that it came from the stupid RAM OC that didn't fit the RAM inside the computer, so it's not so "EZ"...
    well, i also have Asus mobo and auto OC always overclock your CPU by messing with BCLK frequency, which also impacts RAM. I found this feature to be very helpful back in the day, however my auto OC function did not overclock my RAM frequency to such a high value. And just because your mobo specification says that it doesn't support such frequency doesn't mean it won't after you OC it.

you can always go back to BIOS and change the RAM frequency manually without touching CPU freq.

Fiat Punto

Woah! Strange, for me it automatically set from 3.6 to 4.2 GHz and RAM was automatically placed XMP at 3200, as said on module (my CPU supports above 3600 but they say 3600 is the best - no money for it tho)... but I did not trust Auto voltage since it was saying 1.2.... so I set that manually on 1.35 as specified in RAM) Lel that sounded like "who the fuck even uses 4000 that is old & slow shit" xD
    In general I don't trust auto preset anywhere anymore! Especially after Ryzen Master messed up my RAM timings with that """AUTO"""

VPN Elite

yes because xmp profiles used to be an intel only feature and some ryzen cant handle them, my pc was crashing all the time @3200Mhz until i raised ddr voltage by 0.2V

its impossible to have all the knowledge as a normal consumer - its impossible to get in touch about such things
    intel is plug and play and i'd say even oc is less complicated, to adjust an overclocked AMD setup is work

many of my customers recently ask for amd cpus paired with rtx cards but amd cpus are useless to work with just 2133Mhz so i have to set up the xmp profiles and hope it works, so far i only had 1 case aside from myself where the voltage had to be increased

Server Admin

Downloads: 14  Uploads: 0

Little cpu overclock bumped my physics score by about 1300 nice
    fs.jpg
    more detailed info: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21773372
    Sorry no speedtest result here
    PC1 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700x@4.6GHz | RAM - 64GB DDR4 | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6750XT 12GB | OS - Windows 11 64bit
    PC2 | CPU - 2x Intel Xeon E5-2683v4@2.8GHz | RAM - 80GB DDR4 | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB | OS - Windows 11 64bit

VPN Elite

not bad, my wife got a similar setup

got rtx 2070... to beat skywards score!!!
    will arrive in 2-3 days yeah!

Campers Clan

not bad, my wife got a similar setup

got rtx 2070... to beat skywards score!!!
    will arrive in 2-3 days yeah!
    Nice! which model (brand and serie) did you buy? Let me know if you OC it

VPN Elite

it is nothing special, just a palit dual fan card that was pretty cheap.. hopefully it fits in my itx case :/

ofc i will oc it!!

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

I have finally upgraded my 10 yeard old Xeon to i7-4790K and waiting for gtx 1080 to arrive Gonna post some 3dmark results soon

VPN Elite

the 4790K is still a 200€ cpu (used) in germany lol

people love this cpu for its high clock speeds

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread Information