Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie

Downloads: 23  Uploads: 0

[QUESTION] Flickering Grenade & Rockets

I was wondering,are these animated textures considered cheats?.

miccug.jpg
    t9a91i.jpg
    2r421kw.jpg

Also why do Lightbulbs still works?

2e15014.jpg

-)C(-

Downloads: 89  Uploads: 0

Yep, i guess its a cheats

Negative ex-member
    TheUntouchables ex-member
    Devils ex-member
    HellRaiZers co-founder
    Current team - Campers

also known as:
    Pull Ya? Let It Doll Go!
    LURKER
    FLASHBACK
    Artorias the Abysswalker
    Raime the Fume Knight
    Ornstein the Dragonslayer

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

What do you mean still? Perhaps you had cheats in your game or smthing
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    What do you mean still? Perhaps you had cheats in your game or smthing
    You right but,I do not play sam anymore,i discovered those files i used to use in a very old cd from 2008-2009 i guess.

With STILL i meant,that i was surprised when servers just let me in without any problem even with lightbulbs enabled!

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

lol dat plural

how many servers did you join and how were they called?

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Damn what a nerd , even recorded cheats on CD
    Delete this shit and get back in game : D

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Just remove lightbulbs. I don't see anything bad in those coloured weapons/nades etc.

Btw does anyone have the fullbright skins (very visible) which x-fighter has made? I'd like to replace some models with these (coloured) so teamgaming is easier. I wouldn't consider it cheat (more quake alike :d )

There are always problems with swdm skins because of the ambient light in the Fortress corridor.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Damn what a nerd , even recorded cheats on CD
    Delete this shit and get back in game : D
    Never been never will be.

The Game folder itself is on that CD,so every mod/skin i made/downloaded are contained in it.

For AmcoTraD every single server (1.7 version),guess because i used different folders and names for flares,so the server doesn't recognize them.

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

No I think Ostap just removed CRC check for LBs on non-strict servers or something..

@Cellsperm IMO that's exactly why it's cheating, with normal team skins you can't easily tell team in red Fortress room and a few other places, so if you have brightskins you are at an advantage. However I'd be all for it if it was officially suggested everyone participating in a team game download them - then it's fair and you can still tell who's on your team xD

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    Just remove lightbulbs. I don't see anything bad in those coloured weapons/nades etc.

Btw does anyone have the fullbright skins (very visible) which x-fighter has made? I'd like to replace some models with these (coloured) so teamgaming is easier. I wouldn't consider it cheat (more quake alike :d )

There are always problems with swdm skins because of the ambient light in the Fortress corridor.
    NO! Its modifying the game's original settings to your advantage which IS cheating! You should know better

Susperme KING of FRANCE

Director

Original game settings? Dude the game is from 2001 and noone has ever changed anything since then. In Quake there were no bright-skin models back then also, but they've changed some minor things during past few years. You can choose any model you want and color it depends on how comfortable it is for you. Head han be cyan, body glowing green and legs.. let's say glowing yellow or white. You can see better. The Serious Sam game has many glitches. What about shadows appearing through the walls? Everyone can set it using as command or just entering advanced settings and it's even worse than having only glowing high contrast models.

This game should've already be changed according to todays standards and keeping the classic gameplay (Revolution but without glitches), no wonder it died few days after so awaited release. That's why I only play Quake Live nowdays - classic gameplay with modern functions.
    -
    -----------------

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    Original game settings? Dude the game is from 2001 and noone has ever changed anything since then. In Quake there were no bright-skin models back then also, but they've changed some minor things during past few years. You can choose any model you want and color it depends on how comfortable it is for you. Head han be cyan, body glowing green and legs.. let's say glowing yellow or white. You can see better. The Serious Sam game has many glitches. What about shadows appearing through the walls? Everyone can set it using as command or just entering advanced settings and it's even worse than having only glowing high contrast models.

This game should've already be changed according to todays standards and keeping the classic gameplay (Revolution but without glitches), no wonder it died few days after so awaited release. That's why I only play Quake Live nowdays - classic gameplay with modern functions.
    shadow is a command at least, though i do not approve of it.
    You can modify your game as long as it doesnt give you any advantage to win, like when you make a model for yourself, obviously its ok, it influences YOUR model only, not the other player's models that you see, cuz modifying games original content is cheating like it or not.. add color, reduce color, make the skins more visible - modifying game's settings to your advantage therefore cheating

Susperme KING of FRANCE

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    No I think Ostap just removed CRC check for LBs on non-strict servers or something..

@Cellsperm IMO that's exactly why it's cheating, with normal team skins you can't easily tell team in red Fortress room and a few other places, so if you have brightskins you are at an advantage. However I'd be all for it if it was officially suggested everyone participating in a team game download them - then it's fair and you can still tell who's on your team xD
    Agree on Lightbulbs but.
    You cant really claim all player to use same settings,even if i have a good pc thats an advantage unlike a player with a very slow pc (so HIS settings will be much lower than mine: field of view,model textures ambient polys)
    So you cant claim either that all players have same preferences,bright player texture for example isnt even a modification for me,becuase it can be easly done by playing around with advanced settings reducing levels textures polys lights,and increasing player models quality.

Director

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    shadow is a command at least, though i do not approve of it.
    You can modify your game as long as it doesnt give you any advantage to win, like when you make a model for yourself, obviously its ok, it influences YOUR model only, not the other player's models that you see, cuz modifying games original content is cheating like it or not.. add color, reduce color, make the skins more visible - modifying game's settings to your advantage therefore cheating
    Yes. It's absurdity but according to the logical point of view you're right. This game is glitchy and you use built in game glitches (including commands) to have an advantage over other players. Well serious sam has a built in model editor. Just make some bright textures and apply to the files - there's no anticheat engine and you've used game's supplied tools to make a specific model and override it. Ofcourse we can't compare this to wallhack since you need an external program or just modify dlls to have a huge advantage. Anyway wallhacking or autoshot, aimbot - these are obviously present in all possible fps games and are considered cheats in every possible fps created.

Black Spirit has his own light-blue square crosshair - he overrided original crosshair files. According to the above logic he's a cheater. He will not be a cheater if he uses commands to make a normal game crosshair looking similar to his custom crosshair but... does that custom crosshair really gives that huge advantage? In modern fps games you can customize your crosshair to your likings... shape, colours, hit colours.. etc.
    -
    -----------------

InterPlayFigonaOwner

@Retriever I wasnt talking about 30 fps versus 60 fps, obviously it is an advantage if someone has a better pc but in my view its all about the hands when it comes to a pc, ill give you a shitty example, I play MOBA called League of Legends, there are 5 ranking tiers, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond, the game onmy laptop runs with15-25 fps, not playable in high skill gaming, yet I got platinum tier in my 1st ranked season whilst some Alienweaer kids remain in bronze-silver with 564635757 fps

@Chyl wellyou are right and wrong regarding the in built modeller, retail versions of sam had 3 set ups if im right, basic, full and something else, most player most likely went for basic set up when they first played the game (I did) in that set up you dont get to modify the game except for the basic settings. About bs, well crosshair aint a skin and it would add comfort, preference or w/e but it does remain a modification, we dont actua
    ly pay much attention to those type of things but on official sam tournaments (if the game was real big) something like ESL or WCG, the shadows wouod be not allowed, you would only have standard skins to chose and standard crosshairs to use, and basic game settings to adjust

Susperme KING of FRANCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information