Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming monitor

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Gaming monitor

I've seen some people talking about gaming monitor here, but I didn't really follow the conversation..

I'm planning to change my screen soon, does anyone has advices to help me to choose the right product?

I've seen pro CSGO players using products from BenQ at ESL One majors (thisone) and products from EIZO at the Dreamhack major tournaments (thisone). Both are native 144hz screens.

However the general opinion on those products is really confused, none seems to be fully satisfied, so how are they supposed to be the best screens?

What screen do you have and which one would you recommend me?

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

I think those screens on some tournaments arent player's choice. However i can't tell you which to choose. Depends how you really are going to use it. TN or ISP?

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by GraphX View Post
    TN or ISP?
    dafuq is that? xD

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

price performance ratio i'd say is the Benq XL2411 or so, dont remember the exact name as im typing on phone... Simo has one

but it has a TN Panel, which means quick response of 1ms but the depth of colors cant be displayed so well as on IPS panels..

So i dont know much about monitors either but for me the following things are relevant:
    -ips panel
    -144 hz
    -NO ASUS MONITOR

IPS panels may be more expensive and have a "slower response" but every game and every goddamn application looks so much better on IPS

my wife has an LG IPS monitor and when we play borderlands together i always take a jealous look on her screen, because it looks so much better...

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    price performance ratio i'd say is the Benq XL2411 or so, dont remember the exact name as im typing on phone... Simo has one

but it has a TN Panel, which means quick response of 1ms but the depth of colors cant be displayed so well as on IPS panels..

So i dont know much about monitors either but for me the following things are relevant:
    -ips panel
    -144 hz
    -NO ASUS MONITOR

IPS panels may be more expensive and have a "slower response" but every game and every goddamn application looks so much better on IPS

my wife has an LG IPS monitor and when we play borderlands together i always take a jealous look on her screen, because it looks so much better...
    I've got an asus monitor now

I saw many of those TN panels has 1ms reponse time, and other s turn around 3 or 5ms.. is there really such a difference? and what about the "VA panel" they use on the EIZO monitor?

accorded to their picture, it seems to describe what you've said about the TN panels, but it's not IPS either... but they claim it has 1ms response aswell

Users says you have to be well in front of the screen to see the colors properly

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Get CRT
    Advantages:
    -Cheap
    -All resolutions are native (image is sharp at 800x600 and 1600x1200 and 2048x1536 etc)
    -Up to 200hz refresh rates
    -IPS-like colors
    -Less input lag even compared to TN panels (several microseconds)
    -No motion blur
    -Look sexy

Disadvantages:
    -Size/Weight
    -Heat (good during winter )

So yea.. just get a CRT

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Just check this site:

https://www.blurbusters.com/

Read some and you'll make a choice.

I have iiyama prolite gb2488hsu and I'm satisfied with it.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

SGI Clan

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

I saw many of those TN panels has 1ms reponse time, and other s turn around 3 or 5ms.. is there really such a difference?
    yes

my tip is benq or aoc

Campers Clan

I think i'll go for the EIZO Foris, their VA panel gives the same colors as the IPS, and the reponse time is 1ms. It's been rated 3/5 on LDLC.com because two 50 yearsold suckers compared it to the old CRT Barktooth mentioned above. 120 hz instead of 144... more than enough (240 hz boost.. probably some glitchy thing but might be useful for FPS).

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I think i'll go for the EIZO Foris, their VA panel gives the same colors as the IPS, and the reponse time is 1ms. It's been rated 3/5 on LDLC.com because two 50 yearsold suckers compared it to the old CRT Barktooth mentioned above. 120 hz instead of 144... more than enough (240 hz boost.. probably some glitchy thing but might be useful for FPS).
    this 240 bullshit is just marketing imo

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by GraphX View Post
    this 240 bullshit is just marketing imo
    probably, but I don't mind 120hz instead of 144 if I can get a 1ms response monitor with the color quality of an IPS panel, I really want to try this out.

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

- the monitor's height is not adjustable, which sucks big time if you ask me.
    -It has a response of 5ms
    -the monitor is from 2013, i am pretty sure you can get an actual IPS 144Hz monitor for the same budget

+The 240 Boost technologoy goes like this: 240 times per second the LED lights turn off to make the new stimulation of the LCD crystals invisible, this prevents Motion Blur effects.

+You get 5 years of warranty on eizo Products.

+Eizo foris has an IPS Panel

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

on the technical display they says the response time is 1ms... would they be lying?

Post Tenebras Lux

Downloads: 10  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post

-ips panel
    -144 hz
    -NO ASUS MONITOR

I currently use the BenQ XL2411t too (if that's his, but it's either this one or the XL2411z and there isn't much difference)

That model is already ~2 years old and there's surely better monitors available for the same price now but I'm really happy with it (144hz, 1ms). The only downside is indeed the TN panel, my next monitor is gonna have an IPS one. However the colors are okay if you tune the settings.

I would buy BenQ again.

SGI Clan

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

my model is XL2411Z, about colors i cant complain, i chose it over asus cos of blur reduction function, after some weeks i can say im happy with it, (though i found one dead pixel after some day and same happened to many buyers, but got 40 euro refund for this amazon rocks) all in all it's ok monitor performance in csgo is amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information