Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

the Zowie GTF-X has a good and durable surface, it's base rubber is utter shit tho... that's why I prefer the Razer Goliathus, plus the razer gives me more control while remaining a speed surface, the GTF-X slides way too much for me. Sadly the Gholiatus lasts barely 8 months, I change it every year.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

When it comes to mousepads, every mousepad is different and unique. It's not all about durability. There are even low quality pads which people like just because they like the "feeling" of surface and how the mouse is "gliding" on the surface.
    The amount of people who like hard mousepads (like ceramic or plastic onces) is maybe 0,001% out of all mousepad users. It's also a result of incompatibility with some sensors like Avago A3090
    It's hard to control mouse on very fast hard mats so it's hard to have consistent aim while using such pad, especially on lower sensitivities.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Campers Clan

I generally like to recommend to use a mousepad from the same brand as your mouse. Manufacturers make these so it is optimized for the mouse sensor.

For some reason, back in the years, my Roccat Kone + with Steelseries QcK+ combo felt waaaay less reactive than my razer mamba + goliathus or Kone + Taito/sense.

Though the QcK+ is a renowned product, did its proves and it still widely used on the professionnal scene. I unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to try it with a SteelSeries mouse.

I sent back the Logitech mouse to the shop, I couldn't adapt to the shape... it would fit everyone who plays normally tho, but I don't, so it doesn't fit my hand. (I hold the mouse with the thumb and little finger only, my three other fingers are placed on the 3 buttons Mouse 1, 2 and 3, I don't jump with Spacebarr but with Mouse 3). Plus the scroller was ridiculously hard to click, pain in the ass for bhop.
    Logitech were so close from the perfection..

I updated my current combo, Apparently I seem to perform better with the Mamba TE than with the Zowie xD

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I generally like to recommend to use a mousepad from the same brand as your mouse. Manufacturers make these so it is optimized for the mouse sensor.

For some reason, back in the years, my Roccat Kone + with Steelseries QcK+ combo felt waaaay less reactive than my razer mamba + goliathus or Kone + Taito/sense.

Though the QcK+ is a renowned product, did its proves and it still widely used on the professionnal scene. I unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to try it with a SteelSeries mouse.

I sent back the Logitech mouse to the shop, I couldn't adapt to the shape... it would fit everyone who plays normally tho, but I don't, so it doesn't fit my hand. (I hold the mouse with the thumb and little finger only, my three other fingers are placed on the 3 buttons Mouse 1, 2 and 3, I don't jump with Spacebarr but with Mouse 3). Plus the scroller was ridiculously hard to click, pain in the ass for bhop.
    Logitech were so close from the perfection..

I updated my current combo, Apparently I seem to perform better with the Mamba TE than with the Zowie xD
    I disagree, I know many top players with insane aim using different mouse+pad combo.
    For example Serious, who can consistently hit 46-51% LG ws strafing opponents - uses Roccat Cova + x7-500mp from a4tech...
    H4l - Asus gladius + some cheap random cloth pad = hits insane LG (He used to have Microsoft IME 3.0 before Gladius). Heartless uses different mouse now than Razer Abyssus + Goliathus speed extended - hits insane LG.
    K1llsen using Logitech mice (g9x and G303) + Razer Goliathus speed - insane aim (rail + LG)

CM storm and Steelseries made mice which are incompatible with their own pads (like CM Storm Alcor skips badly on CM Storm Speed-RX pad), There was a steelseries mouse with older AVAGO sensor, which skips on Steelseries 9HD hard pad. If I had time I could write more examples to prove you're wrong.

You need to pick a mouse + pad that works well with the sensor + a combo that fits your aiming style. I still test my aim on two pads:
    Bloody B080 (similar to goliathus speed) - It's very fast and works well with LG, smaller ajdustments, but it's hard to get consistent aim with rail on 23,6cm/360 sens, because it just doesn't stop where it's supposed to stop sometimes - it's "too fast".
    x7-500mp - This one is slower, feels like Steelseries QCK heavy. Harder to make tiny adjustments because you have to move your mouse more gently, but the big pro of it is that it stops the mouse on the point when you want it to stop, so you have a better overall feeling of mouse movement and it feels nice for flickshots.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Campers Clan

For some reason, a good majority of CSGO players uses the Zowie EC2-A + Razer Goliathus. Using the Goliathus myself since like.. 8 years, i'd say it's a very safe choice, and i've never seen a mouse doing bad on it yet. The Zowie EC2-A simply has one of the best shape and sensor, plus not having any software makes it very easy to use at lans. If they choose the Goliathus it's probably for the same reason as me: It's a speed surface but it still gives you enough control to make easy flicks, which is super important on CSGO. The Goliathus and the QcK+ are two distinctively different surfaces, but they give the same feeling. Roccat and Zowie pads slides more, which fits less for csgo in my opinion, but are probably good for arena FPS where you do a lot of 360°s because you can get attacked from all sides.

Now with high end gaming mouses, the software allows you to set the sensor on pre-recorded surfaces, such as the Razer Synapse featuring every single Razer Mousepad (Logitech has that too). I personally trust this, and it did well so far by my personal experience.

In my opinion, the quality of CoolerMaster Storm peripherals is very questionable, I had issues on the Mizar, and the Speed-RX that you mentioned was an extremely bad mousepad (used and was severely worn barely a few weeks after). So I wouldn't use these as reference.
    Neither I would use hard pads, better designed for casual and classic desktop use. Other brands are not all white either, back in the years I tried to use a Death Adder (the very first one) on Razer eXactMat, the Death Adder's sensor was absolutely unable to work on the two surfaces.
    Better exclude all hard pads from any comparison.
    Last edited by Skyward; 06.11.2016 at 22:41.

-)C(-

Downloads: 89  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    Gold Nova 4* in CSGO
    so whatever ;D
    fixed

Negative ex-member
    TheUntouchables ex-member
    Devils ex-member
    HellRaiZers co-founder
    Current team - Campers

also known as:
    Pull Ya? Let It Doll Go!
    LURKER
    FLASHBACK
    Artorias the Abysswalker
    Raime the Fume Knight
    Ornstein the Dragonslayer

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

remember when i've dropped coke over my new razer blackwidow chroma?
    ive lived with sticky buttons and random errors since then
    however, today i got a brandnew one - 1 week before warranty ended
    and i also got a new mousepad - speedlink CRIPT for 9,99€

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

ffs, even with my patience i wouldn't withstand sticky keyboard for so long, didn't you wash it?

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

i did, but the coke went into the mechanics somehow and thus made it impossible to clean, i even tried to disassembly it and broke the cover xD

the guy at the store scrutinized my appearence properly and immediately gave me a new one without checking or testing the old one a millisecond..

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

he decided you're not gopnik

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information