Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CLICK View Post
    That project should be based on:
    -Fixing major bugs
    -Merging FE and SE
    -VAC

Focusing on creating new campaign and changing minor graphic things (like font, main background etc...) has distracted developers attention from major problems. Everything else could be added/fixed later by official updates imo.

This reminds me on Quake 3 => Quake Live project, but opposite... Quake Live is better than Quake 3 .
    It's pointless to have both games on steam, that splitted community even more. Blah blah blah, we heard this story so many times and seems like everyone gave up at the end
    it doesnt matter because each and everyone of those AP assholes only looked to profit their portfolio. They will be seen as successful game developers in the eyes of retarted hiring manager in decent dev companies. Thats the problem because they probably agreed on good reference with Croteam since they at least got to keep profit So this was not a safety net by any means, Angelo and his crew knew the fuck they were after from day one
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    it doesnt matter because each and everyone of those AP assholes only looked to profit their portfolio. They will be seen as successful game developers in the eyes of retarted hiring manager in decent dev companies. Thats the problem because they probably agreed on good reference with Croteam since they at least got to keep profit So this was not a safety net by any means, Angelo and his crew knew the fuck they were after from day one
    Well, I've been in Alligator Pit, I joined in 2013 and I was only 13 years old so it was hard to make an opinion on people's intention and what ''they'' really wanted. I was just young and naive boy. Though, I was directly involved with SS:R development and I can confirm no one from AP ever made any profit with SS:R. Angelo and others were all nice people and this was a honest project. The thing is that people working on SS:R including me were working at different periods. It was really hard to gather everyone and make some real teamwork. Life business and troubles for some of us, you know. Angelo started to loose interest to the project as long as he/she was in a searching phase for a real job. SS:R didn't pay any of AP guys. All money went to Croteam for TFE and TSE licences. Angelo was our leader and by loosing our leader we were all kinda lost. I didn't feel able to take my own initiatives because I didn't feel legit about that (about Bright Island), I didn't have any skill to fix any major bugs but I can tell you that some of us and myself attempted many times to get Angelo fixing these major bugs.

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Rakanishu View Post
    Well, I've been in Alligator Pit, I joined in 2013 and I was only 13 years old so it was hard to make an opinion on people's intention and what ''they'' really wanted. I was just young and naive boy. Though, I was directly involved with SS:R development and I can confirm no one from AP ever made any profit with SS:R. Angelo and others were all nice people and this was a honest project. The thing is that people working on SS:R including me were working at different periods. It was really hard to gather everyone and make some real teamwork. Life business and troubles for some of us, you know. Angelo started to loose interest to the project as long as he/she was in a searching phase for a real job. SS:R didn't pay any of AP guys. All money went to Croteam for TFE and TSE licences. Angelo was our leader and by loosing our leader we were all kinda lost. I didn't feel able to take my own initiatives because I didn't feel legit about that (about Bright Island), I didn't have any skill to fix any major bugs but I can tell you that some of us and myself attempted many times to get Angelo fixing these major bugs.
    yes i know that this was nonprofit for AP however this has benefited their portfolio and as I mentioned they got an entire Croteam as their reference most likely irregardless of the fact that they game never had a decent chance. Angelo even said it in some post that this project will benefit his portfolio greatly and I can imagine how cool a steam release looks on a CV when getting a dev job doesnt matter works or not, no one gonna investrigate
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

fixing netcode, he only had one job to make SS great again... How was it possible to mess up such a "simple" task so hard.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

yeah all this ap are really nothing interesting (come on, for real) the only thing I'm still waiting is that someday in some new ap I read "netcode is fixed", and then some comments of players who checked this out and that it's for real, but... that ain't happening for sure
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    fixing netcode, he only had one job to make SS great again... How was it possible to mess up such a "simple" task so hard.
    As u said, re-programming is not just a simple task as it looks from our side, but they could receive help from other ppl capable for coding. Lack of trust leads to refusing help which could be usefull.

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    yeah all this ap are really nothing interesting (come on, for real) the only thing I'm still waiting is that someday in some new ap I read "netcode is fixed", and then some comments of players who checked this out and that it's for real, but... that ain't happening for sure
    AP is dead, this will never happen, SS:R is in the hands of Croteam now and they do not give any single **** about it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information