Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alligator Pit

Downloads:Uploads: 0

AP_3381 is now live!

First of all, Happy Holidays from all of us at Alligator Pit! From today until the 31st, everyone will have Santa hats on their player characters. Have fun!

• Now using the new SteamUGC API for Steam Workshop. This should speed up the Workshop process a lot. The downloading of workshop items is now handled by Steam instead of the game, which means you don't need to wait for the game to download all of your subscribed items, and you're no longer required to restart the game. (NOTE: In our testing, when starting this version for the first time, you will have to restart the game at least once for your existing subscribed workshop items to "convert" to Steam's new format. This is only required once!)
    • Added a scrapped map from The First Encounter: Classic Hole!
    • Added new Classic First Encounter and Classic Warped HUD themes, including an additional uncolored classic theme.
    • Fixed minor HUD issue with Serious Bomb icon.
    • Fixed a couple minor issues with Ughzy enemy customization.
    • Fixed a couple minor issues with Headman enemy customization.
    • Fixed Ghostbuster not being affected by Serious Damage powerup.
    • Fixed Twisters in The Pit launching you way too high.
    • Fixed error 3 when saving statistics. (For real this time. Promise.)
    • Fixed some issues in Sankta Nokto.
    • Fixed some issues in Sand Canyon.
    • Fixed missing survival medals in Faster Faster.
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

edgebug

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

Were is ma santa hat

"there was some shitty screenshot so i removed it, too weeb zdz - 2k20"
    Last edited by Zdzichu; 27.05.2020 at 01:49.
    certified engineer of doublekill bug

Alligator Pit

Add a HeadXmas.mdl next to Head.mdl and add a Santa hat attachment to it (check original player models for examples), it will show up for this period. (No need to change the AMC, just have the mdl file exist)
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

edgebug

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

kk, thanks.
    certified engineer of doublekill bug

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

why isnt this getting feedback? i am truly suprised this is still up and on progress - is there anyone running revo regulary btw?

i don't but i gotta pull my hat for Angelos Engagement

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

SGI Clan

Downloads: 48  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    First of all, Happy Holidays from all of us at Alligator Pit! From today until the 31st, everyone will have Santa hats on their player characters. Have fun!

• Now using the new SteamUGC API for Steam Workshop. This should speed up the Workshop process a lot. The downloading of workshop items is now handled by Steam instead of the game, which means you don't need to wait for the game to download all of your subscribed items, and you're no longer required to restart the game. (NOTE: In our testing, when starting this version for the first time, you will have to restart the game at least once for your existing subscribed workshop items to "convert" to Steam's new format. This is only required once!)
    that's a great change, nice!

and please put some more work into serious sammy

.:+*]|[SGI]|[*+:. freigeist

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    why isnt this getting feedback? i am truly suprised this is still up and on progress - is there anyone running revo regulary btw?

i don't but i gotta pull my hat for Angelos Engagement
    I run Revo whilst trying to check new stuff from workshop (survival / dm maps) + I play deathmatch at the day when patch comes + rarely play survival on standard Revo's maps

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

guess people will play revo once someone will say "the netcode has been officially fixed"

that's prolly the only thing everyone wants to know.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Elite Member

Downloads: 42  Uploads: 0

End of August in 2019, Revo was officially out of early access, including the words: "Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is now THE best way to enjoy Classic old-school Serious Sam"

So, what happened to this game?

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    End of August in 2019, Revo was officially out of early access, including the words: "Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is now THE best way to enjoy Classic old-school Serious Sam"

So, what happened to this game?
    Read my last post in this thread which is dated in 2016 - those reasons are still only to run Revo from time to time. (well, we have a new single player campaign aswell)

When I run it I don't see active dm servers + the main bug still ain't fixed yet (you can see servers which were offline for last few hours).

Talking about deathmatch - Revo has lost, just like all mods which ever were released for the classic TSE. And this happened even before classics got a steam patch with server list which works + widescreen support.
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

End of August 2019 happened an update by Croteam. All earlier updates were made by Alligator Pit (fan developer team.

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is definitely not "THE best way to enjoy Classic old-school Serious Sam" since the multiplayer is completely broken because of bad synchronizations and the engine is pretty heavy and has weak FPS especially on the rushed new campaign called Bright Island.

Steam policies say that 5 years-old Early Access game will get deleted. Croteam decided to take back SSC:R in June 2019 before releasing Bright Island in August 2019 marking the end of Early acess.

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

oh is Bright Island even worth playing?
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Rakanishu View Post
    Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is definitely not "THE best way to enjoy Classic old-school Serious Sam" since the multiplayer is completely broken because of bad synchronizations
    Ye they have half reverted something in the netcode but they have done something terribly wrong in other parts of code, because bad syncs keep occuring and the worst part???? you don't disconnect from the server when you get them... so you can just be running in the wall and shooting at the floor or something like that according to what the server sees until "Level changed during progress" when server finishes level and you will have to F9 anyway but until that happens you are basically playing alone.... very funny and very BEST way to enjoy Classic right?

I wonder how they could use such words.

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    oh is Bright Island even worth playing?
    You can try it to make your own opinion but basically Bright Island is just a rushed campaign with low fps pretty oftenly even on strong machines. The thing is that Croteam used pre-alpha content from Bright Island and just ended up with it. Some of the files were just test stuff. It had many good ideas from Alligator Pit but wrongly designed, that's why you can find lags. Some of the content were meant to be rebuilt from scratch, but Croteam didn't want to take that time. That just used what was done and finished that content.

Bright Island isn't better and doesn't have anything more than classic custom TSE campaigns you can find on the internet. Some parts look good, some parts have many design mistakes...Without talking of gameplay disadvantages such as VERY bad optimization, unbalanced fights even in normal difficulty, narrow places preventing from fluent gameplay in multiplayer... Croteam didn't even respect the Alligator Pit's design guidelines from official Alligator's Pit document. You can see how much Bright Island has changed owners and developers, that's a shame.

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

That project should be based on:
    -Fixing major bugs
    -Merging FE and SE
    -VAC

Focusing on creating new campaign and changing minor graphic things (like font, main background etc...) has distracted developers attention from major problems. Everything else could be added/fixed later by official updates imo.

This reminds me on Quake 3 => Quake Live project, but opposite... Quake Live is better than Quake 3 .
    It's pointless to have both games on steam, that splitted community even more. Blah blah blah, we heard this story so many times and seems like everyone gave up at the end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information