Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lag..

Veteran

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

Lag..

I'm facing a strange lag problem in last month,this used to happen on 42 ams servers too.

Those screens were taken on shotty prague server,i'm using either No_Lag or 1Specialcon,but problem is when i use these scripts my ping is low,but i got spikes every sec,so the game is unplayable,if i use idsl the ping raises up to 150-180 (200 sometimes),sometimes this happens even when i'm using custom scripts,so if i get high ping i got no spikes only some random freeze,if my ping is lower than 80-70 ( i usually get 60 to 40 ping at best) wich would be fine if it wasn't for those spikes.

ah,the problem isn't screenshaking for lowping as i'm using low ping fix,i tried to remove it tho,nothing changes.

Plus,my connection should be fine as i'm getting this problem only on SS:

Any tips?

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

welcome to the sam's best netcode world ever
    I think everyone has this shit with scripts, high ping or low ping with spikes (at least I have it whole time I play SS)
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

edgebug

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

Da, im using that combination when shit happens with our beatifull game:
    I have dozen of net settings.. ale kurwa: When that ping "dropout" happens i switch to xdsl setting then to 5mb fiber and lag is gone... With 85-95 ping result.
    certified engineer of doublekill bug

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zdzichu View Post
    I have dozen of net settings.. ale kurwa: When that ping "dropout" happens i switch to xdsl setting then to 5mb fiber and lag is gone... With 85-95 ping result.
    Yeah i think the solution could be to fix the ping to 80-90,is there a way to do it?

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Quote Originally Posted by Salker90 View Post
    Yeah i think the solution could be to fix the ping to 80-90,is there a way to do it?
    He usually has lower ping nowadays, as far as I know.
    If u have lags in Sam, there's ALWAYS only two ways:
    1) Lower ping, more spikes (1SPECIALCON, Ultra etc.)
    2) Higher ping, less spikes (xDSL etc.)

Whatever you try, you'll never get stable connection if provider & server don't allow to do that. My recommendation: change the server or the provider. Don't use wireless (wi-fi, 4g, 3g) connection for Sam: this is painful, trust me. And what is ur netspeed?
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    He usually has lower ping nowadays, as far as I know.
    If u have lags in Sam, there's ALWAYS only two ways:
    1) Lower ping, more spikes (1SPECIALCON, Ultra etc.)
    2) Higher ping, less spikes (xDSL etc.)

Whatever you try, you'll never get stable connection if provider & server don't allow to do that. My recommendation: change the server or the provider. Don't use wireless (wi-fi, 4g, 3g) connection for Sam: this is painful, trust me. And what is ur netspeed?
    I posted a pic,30 mb fiber,i'm using cable connection ofc and yes i know,sam always was like this,back in the days i tought the problem was mainly my connection (20 mb for example arrived in 2010-11 in italy lol),but as i said solution for me would be to fix ping to 80-90.

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Zdzichu View Post
    I do that with the push of a button) it changes only 1 command, not 4, coz you dont need to change your entire config for this... lag compensation makes the difference)

P.S. Salkera, you cannot sadly lock the ping( Also, low ping fix dont save you from these spikes.... its for when it detect ping around 54 ms, then it would quickly raise it, because some weird things happen there...))

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    I do that with the push of a button) it changes only 1 command, not 4, coz you dont need to change your entire config for this... lag compensation makes the difference)

P.S. Salkera, you cannot sadly lock the ping( Also, low ping fix dont save you from these spikes.... its for when it detect ping around 54 ms, then it would quickly raise it, because some weird things happen there...))
    That's what i was talking about btw,you can call me low pinger as much as you want but as you can see thats more a handicap than and advantage
    Last edited by Salker90; 22.06.2017 at 15:20. Reason: Lol

Fiat Punto

That's what i was talking about btw,you can call me low pinger as much as you want but as you can see thats more a handicap than and advantage
    nah you still a low pinger... these spikes don't last forever... (if they last forever - it's your provider's problem that .... no good stability)

Veteran

nah you still a low pinger... these spikes don't last forever... (if they last forever - it's your provider's problem that .... no good stability)
    Lol...they last till the end of the game but not continuously

SGI Clan

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

am i the only who cant see any server on list?

i guess i got banned by ip....no big deal but that sux i can't even access serverlist, that's the real end of ss

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK SpiRiT View Post
    am i the only who cant see any server on list?

i guess i got banned by ip....no big deal but that sux i can't even access serverlist, that's the real end of ss
    No scommetto che non puoi neanche accedere qui : https://42amsterdam.net/, se non puoi accedere ti ha bannato per IP,mi aveva già bannato qualche settimana fa,ma riavviando il modem ho cambiato IP,dopo qualcuno gli avrà riferito che ero tornato (sniper) e ha bannato tutto il mio IP range,quindi anche se riavvio il modem non cambia nulla.
    In ogni caso per ora i server a cui è possibile accedere che,non sono di Ostap,sono i Prague.
    Devi semplicemente cambiare master server per vederli:
    /net_strMasterServer="333networks.com"
    scrivi questo nella console dei comandi di Sam.

Fiat Punto

Quote Originally Posted by Salker90
    Lol...they last till the end of the game but not continuously
    Ёpta, thenn internet problem obviously(or bad settings in game - not only net settings), i never anymore have spikes in game - follow method of Zdzichu or write some lines in Common.ctl (but there's also a download)

P.S. No, i did not report you to Ostap. He has blocked me on skype, so i cannot report nothing to him directly) and i am not person who run to others and say: "go say to Ostap that Salker is back" so... ))

Veteran

Ёpta, thenn internet problem obviously(or bad settings in game - not only net settings), i never anymore have spikes in game - follow method of Zdzichu or write some lines in Common.ctl (but there's also a download)

P.S. No, i did not report you to Ostap. He has blocked me on skype, so i cannot report nothing to him directly) and i am not person who run to others and say: "go say to Ostap that Salker is back" so... ))
    He banned me as soon as i told you who i was then i was pretty sure plus you are one of the few who hasn't been banned yet,i believe you btw my bad.

Fiat Punto

He banned me as soon as i told you who i was then i was pretty sure plus you are one of the few who hasn't been banned yet,i believe you btw my bad.
    As soon as?? you played 2 days after))) and did you forget this?? Once you forgot to change your name back (from Salker90) and changed to "not me"... but its too late... adam record names - all of them

Capture.PNG

Sor, but it seems i was right... you are suffering from this (that you were banned) )))00

P.S. One of the few who have not been banned yet?? for real? he bann GZ Clans - tell me, in which clan i am.... i come from Coop) not frag) (you are not in clan too, but got banned for trashing him)
    Last edited by Supersniper98; 22.06.2017 at 18:39. Reason: i read a whole 2 times your post) nihuya sebe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information