Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Random girl

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Ostap at it again? Server disappeared

Hello there, I'm Melody, the main hoster of Serious Sam HD TSE competitive servers, some people might already know me but I'm new to gamezone24 and I have never posted here.

I'm recently hosting a Classic TSE server (not always open, I open it when we need it) with Multi MS by Alex and Rockets Forever by Scratch with the following master servers:
    • gs.ostap.eu
    • master.errorist.eu
    • master.333networks.com

Might not be exactly the right place to discuss this, but I think Ostap might be banning innocent servers off his master server. I'll explain what exactly happened.

I had my server running for a while today, then it just suddenly disappeared off the list for many people, they were saying they couldn't find it in serverlist. I went to the game myself and of course it was showing, just because net_strMasterServerOverride was set to master.333networks.com. The moment I've set it to gs.ostap.eu my server wasn't showing among the others. The server was still showing up with both master333.networks.com and master.errorist.eu. The server always showed up on gs.ostap.eu because some of my friends always joined through Classic TSE that's not Steam version.

I have restarted the server plenty of times, waited, without any luck.

The moment I changed IP and server's name, guess what happened, it appeared again, even when setting net_strMasterServerOverride to "gs.ostap.eu". This was clearly some silent ban.

I have discussed this already with Karel, Padrino and some other people. I have got to know that this is not new at all for them. I just don't know what to think about it.
    The most you're going to get by arguing with a squirrel is just some squeaking and some bites on your fingers.

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

feet pic plz
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    feet pic plz
    ^this

edgebug

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    feet pic plz
    +1
    certified engineer of doublekill bug

Gospodski

Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

Add me, im blocked

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

Warm welcome you guys.

I think it might have been a routing problem somewhere on the master server. Could be a coincidence too.
    Of course we have no foundations to trust Ostap, but you should give it a benefit of a doubt. Contact him directly if there's an issue too, can't solve problems right here.

While you're still here, forums are a little less active because of vacation etc.
    It's good to meet new members, especially if there's history involved.

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Random girl

Quote Originally Posted by GraphX View Post
    Warm welcome you guys.

I think it might have been a routing problem somewhere on the master server. Could be a coincidence too.
    Of course we have no foundations to trust Ostap, but you should give it a benefit of a doubt. Contact him directly if there's an issue too, can't solve problems right here.

While you're still here, forums are a little less active because of vacation etc.
    It's good to meet new members, especially if there's history involved.
    Hi and thanks for the answer.

I'm still convinced about the silent ban thing. I've heard more things tonight. As an example, they told me that his Fix42 forces his own master server inside the game, and that any master server the user puts will be just ignored. I have no words.

I'll just be using 333networks and errorist as master servers and remove Ostap's. I don't really want to feed his fishy ways of doing things. He needs to prove that he actually changed in better, for example by allowing people to set different master servers on his Fix42. I hope you understand my point.

I'll just make and distribute some open-source program that allows users to manage game's master servers in a totally free and complete way.
    The most you're going to get by arguing with a squirrel is just some squeaking and some bites on your fingers.

edgebug

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Melody666 View Post
    I'll just make and distribute some open-source program that allows users to manage game's master servers in a totally free and complete way.
    /net_strMasterServer="whatever masterserver you want"

profit
    certified engineer of doublekill bug

Random girl

Quote Originally Posted by Zdzichu View Post
    /net_strMasterServer="whatever masterserver you want"

profit
    Having a program that does it and allows you to choose any master server is much more convenient.

This is how the program looks like at the moment:

unknown.png

Has 333networks + errorist already there, and you can also type your own master server.

This will be released in the download section together with its complete source code.

Edit: Since I can't really figure how to upload files to the download section (no upload and also no create file button) I'll post this here
    Google Drive Link
    Discord Attachment Link
    Last edited by Melody666; 05.08.2020 at 20:30. Reason: Added download links.

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Hey, is the server on a different IP than the one you use? If you can't see a server list (on all master servers) or access 42amsterdam.net on it, then it's a block BUT! This happens because Ostap has some black list against hosting providers (he does this to prevent from VPN users, who may be bypassing a ban) which updates periodically. Soooo yes like GraphX says try to speak personally etc, he unbans. The drama stopped in early 2018...

Having a program that does it and allows you to choose any master server is much more convenient.
    Why alt tab the game? and patch PersistentSymbols.ini so it requires game restart when it is possible to just make shortcut of the same command via script?
    Code:
    if("%1" == "%" + "1") {
    	Echo("^cfb9820| Current Master Server: ");
    	net_strMasterServer;
    } else if("%2" == "%" + "2") {
    	if("%1" == "1" || "%1" == "OSTAP" || "%1" == "GS.OSTAP.EU") {
    		net_strMasterServer="gs.ostap.eu";
    		Echo("^cfb9820| Master Server set to \"gs.ostap.eu\"\n");
    	} else if("%1" == "2" || "%1" == "ERRORIST" || "%1" == "ERRORIST.EU") {
    		net_strMasterServer="errorist.eu";
    		Echo("^cfb9820| Master Server set to \"errorist.eu\"\n");
    	} else if("%1" == "3" || "%1" == "333" || "%1" == "333NETWORKS.COM") {
    		net_strMasterServer="333networks.com";
    		Echo("^cfb9820| Master Server set to \"333networks.com\"\n");
    	} else if("%1" == "HELP" || "%1" == "INFO" || "%1" == "?") {
    		Echo("^cfb9820| This command provides the possibility to switch between Master Servers fast\n");
    		Echo("^cfb9820| Current Master Servers implemented:\n");
    		Echo("^cfb9820| 1. \"gs.ostap.eu\"\n");
    		Echo("^cfb9820| 2. \"errorist.tk\"\n");
    		Echo("^cfb9820| 3. \"333networks.com\"\n");
    		Echo("^cfb9820| NOTE: Type /MS CUSTOM \"adress\" for a custom Master Server\n");
    	} else {
    		Echo("^cfb9820| Nothing happened )\n");
    	}
    } else if("%3" == "%" + "3") {
    	if("%1" == "CUSTOM") {
    		net_strMasterServer="%2";
    		Echo("^cfb9820| Master Server set to \"%2\"\n");
    	} else {
    		Echo("^cfb9820| Something happened :|\n");
    	}
    } else {
    	Echo("^cfb9820| Something happened :|\n");
    }
    P.S.: Sorry for no activity on Steam, I am on vacation and I don't use it) I will be back tomorrow

Random girl

Not all people know how to script or how to load them, or some people just don't want to bother with it. This is the fair truth, I've been hosting on Serious Sam HD TSE since 2017 now and literally the majority of players never ever wanted to bother with client scripts and some weren't able to do it. Some aren't even capable of setting BPS via console, and some don't even bother with changing the network setting in Serious Sam HD.

The convenience of having a program means you can avoid all these problems. I haven't been on SSC community for years but I've already seen people who couldn't set their game and were running all defaults and even cli_iBufferActions=1.

Also the program was initially born as some "fixer". The additional option was its main feature.

Regarding the block, it happened all of a sudden while the server was already running. It was showing up earlier that day and the router had been online with the same IP for days. So definitely a silent block. Also not a hosting provider, it's a home connection.

Also it's not really the fact that he blatantly blocked me that made me remove the master off my server, it's the fact that Fix42 doesn't allow to use any master server other than his. This is just fishy behavior, divides the community and causes discrimination against other servers.

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Not all people know how to script or how to load them, or some people just don't want to bother with it. This is the fair truth, I've been hosting on Serious Sam HD TSE since 2017 now and literally the majority of players never ever wanted to bother with client scripts and some weren't able to do it. Some aren't even capable of setting BPS via console, and some don't even bother with changing the network setting in Serious Sam HD.

The convenience of having a program means you can avoid all these problems. I haven't been on SSC community for years but I've already seen people who couldn't set their game and were running all defaults and even cli_iBufferActions=1.
    Oh no... those people are long gone from the community) In 2020 everyone is educated in terms of what net settings are roughly best.
    Regarding the block, it happened all of a sudden while the server was already running. It was showing up earlier that day and the router had been online with the same IP for days. So definitely a silent block. Also not a hosting provider, it's a home connection.

Also it's not really the fact that he blatantly blocked me that made me remove the master off my server, it's the fact that Fix42 doesn't allow to use any master server other than his. This is just fishy behavior, divides the community and causes discrimination against other servers.
    I don't understand Karel is using Fix42 and he can freely change the Master Server... about the block, idk I can't exclude fact that it may be a block on purpose...but doesn't hurt to ask. He has a discord you can try there...

P.S.: OK sorry it seems I was wrong about that Fix42 thing, Master Server is fixed to 42
    Last edited by Supersniper98; 05.08.2020 at 22:25.

Random girl

Uh, Karel told me the opposite.
    In specific, the variables change but they just get ignored.

Absurdly, you can even set, let's say, cloudflare as master server on both variables or some random string.

Don (Rampage)

Downloads: 74  Uploads: 0

I think it's an interesting thing, have a program easy to use for servers
    but above all to have less lag, for us who play even if it is now a dead game (empty servers)
    I hope it was helpful my friend Melody666.
    Greetings to all my old friends

Random girl

Credits to Sather / Padrino for always helping me with testing, even when he doesn't want to

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information