Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

Threaded View

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

Serious Sam Story - A Tribute Documentary

So here's the thread about an idea I had: making a short documentary about the game in general, our community and the story we all had together. I've been telling things about it recently in the shoutbox (you can't miss it).

here's the global summary of the video project:

SPOILER :

Serious Sam Story - A Tribute Documentary

Plan:

1 - Opening: dynamic opening with serious sam games in background, names and music, music is Undercode - Freedom (Is Mine)

2 - video content

Prequel: Scequences of few known players of the game telling their feelings about the game

Chapter 1: talking about the game, telling when it was released, talking about the franchise in general

Chapter 2: the debut of communities and the formations of clans, their evolutions and the developpement of a competitive scene in the shadow of the bigger liscences, talking about GameZone24

chapter 3: talking about how cheating got introduced to the game, how the community defended itself against that, the tragedies of known players who got caught, talking about certain
    game customization that was tolerated for a long time but finally prohibited because it was getting too far

Chapter 4: talking about the tournaments, how much it became very on point and telling about the successes, how the community dedicated itself to make the make the game live and organize competitions
    that could almost be compared to official sponsored events

Chapter 5: The gamespy tragedy, telling how a whole world has been shut down and set the end of a gold era

Chapter 6: talking about our attempt to save the game and what remained of our story, serious sam revolution and the failure of this project.

Final: sequences of players telling what Serious Sam meant to them and talking about the place the game had in their life (or mind).

Credits: classic credits with black background and white letters, music: Undercode - Enlightning The World

So like I said this is only a short summary, and it will be completed with the people I will be working with. So we come to the point I am asking who wants to participate in the project.

I need: A person mastering the english speech to act as an off voice.
    This person will be dirrectly working with Zeo and I to write the content that will be told by the off voice. I'm looking for one person but there can eventually be 2 or 3 persons acting for the off voice.

I need: People who are equiped with decent cameras and ready to record themselves talking (in english) to talk about the points mentionned in this summary.

I need: Research assistants to help me finding accurate informations about the subjects that touches periodes where I was not yet in the game.

I need: You! to give your feedback and ideas about what we could/should add to this project, things to change and so on.

The video will be fully built by myself with the content and sequences recorded by myself and provided by the involved parties.

That's pretty much all for now, we're beginning to build the team who's gonna work on the project.
    The project status can be followed in this thread, this post, just below:

PROJECT STATUS:

Building team
    Fully writing and developping the subjects
    Gathering necessary video and audio content
    Recording player scenes and voice acting
    Beginning video footage
    Midway to final video
    Polishing the video
    Publication

Current team:

Writers: Skyward and TBD
    Editor: Skyward
    Producers: Skyward, Zeo
    Executive producer: Skyward
    Cast: TBD
    Support: TBD
    Music: Undercode and TBD
    Last edited by Skyward; 04.12.2017 at 22:27.

^ steam profile access ^

Corsair • Asus • Razer • Beyerdynamic

Thread Information