Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Skyward's top 5 worst games ever

First of all, I must mention that this top 5 only includes games that I have played (so excludes games I did not play, obviously).

Let's begin:

Why this game? I was actually looking for something worth a good old Lylat Wars (alias Star Fox 64). I ended up finding this game. It looked good, but different than what I was looking for but the ambiance was quite similar. Then why is it so bad? because it's GODDAMN SO FREAKING HAAARD! The game mechanics sucked ass, you had nothing to defend yourself and you can't go beyond the level 2. Typically one of those games that pisses you off quickly so you play it one hour and you quit it.
    I won't even mention the astronomic scores made by some cheating china biatches (like a million points scored on level 1 whereas there is barely enough enemies to score 1000 points.)

4) Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter

No need to tell much about this game, everyone here knows what is it. Why do I consider it as one of the worst game I ever played? Because of the game mechanics aswell that were way too different from classics (and badly done). But that's not the only point: the powerup. Powerup(s) because there was only the serious damage left and in certain maps (if not all) it was a total balance killer that would let anyone who takes it to win quite easly. This is typically the kind of things I don't want to see in deathmatch modes that are supposed to have a minimal part of competitivity even in a game that was not made to be competitive like Sam. And to finish, the Italian community who was votekicking you off just because... you weren't Italian. Sometimes you had to try several servers until you find one where you could finally play.

This game is sold by Blizzard as a competitive team FPS, as a matter of fact it's more like a MOBA turned into FPS. You get many characters and all of them has interesting abilities that are made to counter the abilities of some other characters, which means you have to choose your team carefully. But as a young game, it suffers of the same issue all young MOBAS has: the balance. You can't simply consider a game competitively viable if there is not a proper balance. You can't consider the two sides to be equal if there is not this so important balance. And the biggest issue is that Blizzard seems to totally don't give a shit about it. The keep releasing characters even stronger than the previous ones which unbalances everything even more. Not even mentioning their maps are compelte garbage and have never been fixed to be balanced for both sides. The community and fanbase around this game are mostly ignorant kids who won't hesitate to trash you if you talk bad about their precious game. As much as I can be wrong (accorded to those kids) the game is not that played competitively and its eSports scene is almost inexistent despite the fact they have a true league. Maybe i'm not that wrong after all.

Everyone here knows I am a HUGE fan of the NFS franchise. But ever since EA bought Criterion and turned it into Ghost Games, the NFS games became a HUGE disapointement. Rivals's scandal about being locked at 30 fps on PC "not to concurrence the consoles", NFS 2015 that was a reboot but also a failure and now... PayBack.

Ok, PayPack is a very fine game if you look at the gameplay, game mechanics, story (despite being waaaay too short) and content (map, cars and customization). But all the features around it are the GODDAMN FUCKING BIGGEST GARBAGE I have ever seen in a videogame!
    They put like 30 or 35 cars upgradable up to level 400 but about half of these are locked at the level 300. WHY? Half of the cars in this game are completely useless because they can't beat the others! A Skyline GTR is locked at level 300 while a RX7 upped to level 400 ridiculizes a fucking McLaren! It's just fuck the logic level 9000... :facepalm:

They bring in the Koenigsegg Regera that has twice more horse power than all the other hypercars and they allow it online, which makes absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to beat that fucking Regera in all the fucking races! If you want to win you need to use this car, which makes every single car besides it completely useless aswell...

The Drift challenges features a multiplier accorded to your place in the race. This the most ridiculous feature I have fucking ever seen! In a drifting challenge we want to see who's the best drifter, not to see who crosses the line first! This multiplier allows someone who's first but who drifts like a fucking grandma to earn more points than someone who's behind and drifting like the holy jesus of automobile. NONSENSE.

Unlike the previous games from Criterion, this game abandonned the mechanics of takedown. But it seems people keeps smashing you into walls just so you crash and they can win. The respect and the fairplay is simply dead in this game, people are scumbags who cannot win a race by their own skills so they smash and hit you to destroy your drifts and rotten your races.

Squad is by far the game that has the most PISSED ME OFF. Squad is sorta a war simulator, but too much simulation kills the simulation. First of all: there is no crosshair. The map is huge and when you advance, you need to deploy a respawn point or else if you die you will have to make all your way from the beginning. You can run but you got limited breath which means if you respawn at the beginning, you gotta WALK through all the fucking map. There are vehicles of course but you can take these once and they DON'T respawn.
    This game is mostly played in team and in each team there is a captain who gives orders to his team (or squad) so that they plan a proper attack to advance on the battlefield. The main issue is that most of those captains talks to you like if you were his dog and gives you orders on a tone as if you were his slave. And whenever you don't obey, you get kicked off the squad. The game is quite complicated at first and there is no place for the beginners as they get immediately kicked off the squads aswell.
    Talking about being complicated, this game has like ONE THOUSAND controls and you spend more time setting all of these than playing the game. This one of the things I absolutely HATE in videogames. Why can't they do things simple?
    So, the maps are huge and it is extremely hard to find an enemy with the distance and the vegetation. Most of the times you get hit and you never see from where it comes. And when you see someone (by miracle) you try to shoot at him but you cannot even hit him once, then you die.

After dying, you respawn and what happens next? you get killed by a spawn killer camping on your respawn point. This is another major issue in this game: the spawnkillers are everywhere and they do it while thinking it is absolutely normal. This is just another game where the respect and fairplay is completely dead. I happen to call this game Spawnkill Simulator, because that's just what it is. You want to perform spawnkkilling? play this game and you'll be satisfied!
    Seriously, the gameplay is sooo slow and irritating, I can't possibly find anything that would make me enjoy this game.

I'm done talking shit about shit games. Now what are yours?
    Last edited by Skyward; 04.02.2018 at 01:22.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

nice top btw u must fix second place cause it's also third <:

mine is:
    5) Paladins
    4) HOMaM 4 (compared to third part fourth is just a shit, and sixth is the same)
    3) HOMaM 6
    2) HOTS
    1) Destiny 2
    if i got it right first place is the one hated the most.
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

im not a man of many games... i would much rather talk about the games I like and tell you why
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Serious Sam and Overwatch as one of the worst games ever? We have very different sensibilities, my friend. I'd put those two on a "best of" list. But subjective lists are subjective. I get it. haha
    Here are the best insulated hunting boots you'll ever find.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Cabban View Post
    Serious Sam and Overwatch as one of the worst games ever? We have very different sensibilities, my friend. I'd put those two on a "best of" list. But subjective lists are subjective. I get it. haha
    Yes, keep in mind that those are my very personnal opinions, you don't need to share it. Of course these are truely good games, but from what I was personally waiting from them, they are bad or didn't reach my expectations. I like competitive games, Overwatch was sold as a competitive game, but it's more casual friendly than competitive, and Sam... online is just a small accessory in a game that bets everything on solo.

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

i play only overwatch since 2 years
    Last edited by Gods Hand; 23.01.2019 at 20:11.

Veteran

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

Can't agree on SSHD being one of the worst games ever, I consider it a very good yet faithful remake.
    I can't really imagine how a game like ss classic can be remade as it is.
    I'm not questioning your list since opinions are opinions and my list can be 400 times more questionable than yours.
    So many games come to my mind when I think about bad ones but i'll try to write down a my own top five.

5) Resident Evil 6
    As a fan of the series this was an overall embarrassing gaming experience till the end of the game, any resident evil fan wouldn't really need any reason to justify this statement, but still just to name a reason among the others, this game managed to completely denaturalize resident evil meaning.

4) Duke Nukem forever
    It can be fun for the first 2 hours of gameplay, after that it is just keeps repeating itself, considering how long people have been waiting for this and how the almost 20 years old small beta preview was thousand times better than the final result I can't say I liked this game.

3) Metal Gear Solid V : The phantom pain
    It hurts to add this game in this list, it really does considering how a big fan I am of this series since the very beginning.
    The game itself is splendid, better yet it could have been, since what was meant to be the end of a saga and the biggest game of the entire series ended to be a shadow of its former self, the game development was rushed by konami and the result is a unfinished game.

2) Serious Sam 3
    While it is a overall fun experience, I just can't get over the fact that croteam mainly focused on the single player mode and completely forgot about making the DM mode at least "cute", the dm mode looks like a fan made mod, terrible maps, retarded spawn points, bad weapons damage balance and also questionable game mechanics.

1) Fortnite
    it may seem a bit excessive to put this game on the top of this list, but I personally consider fortnite the responsible about games industry direction, if this game is considered best game of the year then i'd better quit playing games which accomplice ageing and life commitments is sadly already happening.
    ~He's the shining and the light without whom I cannot see

Duki PM
    Mahjong Champion Shape Game Champion

Downloads: 102  Uploads: 0

5 ) Duke Nukem forever
    4 ) Serious Sam 3
    3 ) WOW
    2 ) Operation hawaii ( Commodore c16 )
    1 ) Sniper Elite V2

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
    5 ) Duke Nukem forever
    4 ) Serious Sam 3
    3 ) WOW
    2 ) Operation hawaii ( Commodore c16 )
    1 ) Sniper Elite V2
    I think i know why
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't that bad...
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Veteran

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Duke Nukem Forever wasn't that bad...
    ~He's the shining and the light without whom I cannot see

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Hand View Post
    i play only overwatch since 2 years
    still plat lol

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    still plat lol
    that was u

Hellraisers

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

i have never played 5 games at pc. only serius cemen and some Stalker years ago
    ..just 4 games - semen FE, SE, 2, and stalker
    so cant create such list as Metaliman proposes

Campers Clan

i'm not a big player either, nowdays I only play csgo, warzone and bugframe, just a need for speed when they make one and that's all.

It pleases me to know that Criterion returned to work on the NFS franchise again, what Ghost did was just a disaster, Rivals sucked ass, 2015 was good but the tracks and the city were shit, Paypack was a good improvement but the network was shit and Heat is basically the same game just with a different map (not quite a good map by the way..) and as if they didn't give a shit about the community, the network they made in Heat was absolutely useless.

I miss the speedlists of Most Wanted 2012, this was some real NFS online, how much fun I could have on that game, much more than on any Track Mania.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information