Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Greymuzzle

Downloads: 23  Uploads: 0

So, what the hell happened here?

This place used to be so active, and yet now years later, I look back at it, and it's like a ghost town. First 5 threads, last post dating back 3 months ago.

Did you guys really implode that badly?
    Αχ, μη με λες μικρό, κοίτα με μεγαλώνω, κοίτα με. Για να σε φτάσω εγώ, κοίτα πώς σκαρφαλώνω, κοίτα με. Να σ' αγαπώ μπορώ, κοίτα με πώς αντέχω, κοίτα με. Και μέσα μου αν δω, εσένα μόνο έχω, κοίτα με. Κοίτα με...

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
    This place used to be so active, and yet now years later, I look back at it, and it's like a ghost town. First 5 threads, last post dating back 3 months ago.

Did you guys really implode that badly?
    Hello! It's always nice to see old members coming here, and I hope your thread is based on sadness more than on happiness Are you sure your question is not rhetorical?

Well, I would be really glad if this place was as active as 10 years ago but it's impossible, you know that it's mainly deathmatch community of the game which is 16 years old for now, what did you expect? Honestly I'd be really surprized if it still was active as hell.

People grow up, most of us are 30+, no time for games and so on, though it's really strange to see some people who used to visit this place almost daily, leave it like forever. Also remember that it's 2018 and forums (not this forum) gold era ended in 00's, unfortunately (because I still love and prefer forums).

From my side I try everything to keep this place not that dead as it could already be.
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Greymuzzle

I am more disappointed that it's fizzling out. I know I am not well-liked here, but holy shit I would hate to see this place disappear, especially since it existing is a big middle finger to that megalomaniac Ostap.
    Αχ, μη με λες μικρό, κοίτα με μεγαλώνω, κοίτα με. Για να σε φτάσω εγώ, κοίτα πώς σκαρφαλώνω, κοίτα με. Να σ' αγαπώ μπορώ, κοίτα με πώς αντέχω, κοίτα με. Και μέσα μου αν δω, εσένα μόνο έχω, κοίτα με. Κοίτα με...

elus1veness

I am more disappointed that it's fizzling out. I know I am not well-liked here, but holy shit I would hate to see this place disappear, especially since it existing is a big middle finger to that megalomaniac Ostap.
    Gotta say I'm really glad that you're on right side. We won't totally disappear, not now, or even never.
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

People didn't leave because they're busy but because every regular player progressively left the game after the server list was empty. At the end we were the last players because only those from these forums knew about the master server issue. A game quickly lose interest if you always play against the same persons so everyone retired to newer games.
    I mean, it is fun to play with people that you know, especially if they are between the best players that this game ever had, but at some point it becomes really boring and we quit doing it on a daily basis, until we play less and less... until we completely stop.

There's still some small tournaments now and then just so we get some fun and remember the good (and bad) times we had many years ago.

When I think about it I wonder if it could've been possible to prevent people from leaving the game if we asked Croteam for a master server change dirrectly after the gamespy shutdown, it messed up in 2009 and many people already left but overall the community was not too much impacted and we could play decent games until 2014, i'd even say the game was more active past 2012 than in 2009/2010. Trying to make SS revo was absolutely a bad idea, especially since it was made by unstable persons.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

elus1veness

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    the game was more active past 2012/2013 than in 2009/2010
    [fxd] The fact. 2013 was amazingly active too, it was the only time when Clan Tournament has been played between 8 clans, so much players kept coming back and blew up activity on 1.07 servers
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

Campers Clan

Somewhere I wish Croteam could do some advert and give the classics for free just so some new players come back. Eventually the games will become a little bit active again

There wouldn't be a lot of people interested by an old ass game but at least they'll see something playable, unlike how ss revo was for 3 years.

edgebug

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

Somewhere I wish Croteam could do some advert and give the classics for free just so some new players come back. Eventually the games will become a little bit active again

There wouldn't be a lot of people interested by an old ass game but at least they'll see something playable, unlike how ss revo was for 3 years.
    CT have more interest in Sam 4 or Sam 3... They are only mentioning classic sam in history of CT, how everything began etc.
    We should try writting to them as active classic sam community, or try making an video proving how popular DM in TSE was, by showing all tournaments, game demos and show that even in this year there is activity (even if it's just little bit, or smaller tourneys).
    Maybe that thing should bring some new players or interest CT in adverting the classics.
    certified engineer of doublekill bug

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Zdzichu View Post
    CT have more interest in Sam 4 or Sam 3... They are only mentioning classic sam in history of CT, how everything began etc.
    We should try writting to them as active classic sam community, or try making an video proving how popular DM in TSE was, by showing all tournaments, game demos and show that even in this year there is activity (even if it's just little bit, or smaller tourneys).
    Maybe that thing should bring some new players or interest CT in adverting the classics.
    Croteam don't give a shit about deathmatch, HD were a failure on that point and SS3 was clearly not designed for that, now in 2018 the people who buys a game from the serious sam franchise does it for its story mode and eventually the coop but not deathmatch at all

Gospodski

Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

Ostaped destroyed the game by opening 50+ servers + dividing community into 2 parts (gz and ostap).

Ppl also left( I believe so) cuz of some double-faced guys,cheaters,hackers etc..

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    Ostaped destroyed the game by opening 50+ servers + dividing community into 2 parts (gz and ostap).

Ppl also left( I believe so) cuz of some double-faced guys,cheaters,hackers etc..
    Ostap also brought good things, like efficient anti cheat systems and breaking the no powerups rule on non competitive servers, this is why the activity raised again in 2013.

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Ostap also brought good things, like efficient anti cheat systems and breaking the no powerups rule on non competitive servers, this is why the activity raised again in 2013.
    his anti-bug system you mean? his anticheat was full of flaws based on which you were preparing a case on Capricornus without properly consulting with long time professionals of the game. Metaliman just because a system exists it doesnt mean its good, sometimes we simply have no choice and have to use it, and we cannot revert the time and see what would happen IF. We just have to live with what we have and do what we can to improve it. If playing a tournament shoulder to shoulder with people you grew up with online every 6 months or so is what it takes, then everyone with a mindset like mine will do it. As a hobby, regardless of result, pride, and title.
    peace.
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Greymuzzle

People didn't leave because they're busy but because every regular player progressively left the game after the server list was empty. At the end we were the last players because only those from these forums knew about the master server issue. A game quickly lose interest if you always play against the same persons so everyone retired to newer games.
    I mean, it is fun to play with people that you know, especially if they are between the best players that this game ever had, but at some point it becomes really boring and we quit doing it on a daily basis, until we play less and less... until we completely stop.

There's still some small tournaments now and then just so we get some fun and remember the good (and bad) times we had many years ago.

When I think about it I wonder if it could've been possible to prevent people from leaving the game if we asked Croteam for a master server change dirrectly after the gamespy shutdown, it messed up in 2009 and many people already left but overall the community was not too much impacted and we could play decent games until 2014, i'd even say the game was more active past 2012 than in 2009/2010. Trying to make SS revo was absolutely a bad idea, especially since it was made by unstable persons.
    I am not surprised, Croteam never really understood what made a versus game mode great like Digital Extremes did. It's a miracle the Serious Sam DM scene lasted as long as it did especially with Kenneth Caselli poisoning the scene with cheats, and for some reason, lightbulb models. The fact that it did not have mutator/modding support, or inbuilt bot support, or versus-specific weapons like what UT 99 and UT 2K4 had was a death sentence for the game, as far as the niche goes.

Maybe it's for the best, back in the day, there was way too much stupid to go around what with the overabundance of egotistical windbags and cheat apologists, or the number of incidents of top players being caught cheating. There wasn't enough sportsmanship to go around, and in the end, people just got fed up and burned out. Those that remain today, are largely those who did deserve a place here after all.

PS : What are your thoughts on Macron getting elected instead of Marie LePen, and how do you feel about the growing muslim immigrant violence and cultural hegemony?

PPS : Have you heard from Ostap since his laughable attempt at an apology?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly tho, I've largely moved on from Sam. It just doesn't interest me anymore like the old games did. I've been running servers out my room, and not once has hosting a dedicated SS server cross my mind. Meanwhile, I've created my own community, and have been hosting servers on Doom Classic, Sven Coop, Killing Floor 1 and Unreal Tournament 2004

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    his anti-bug system you mean? his anticheat was full of flaws based on which you were preparing a case on Capricornus without properly consulting with long time professionals of the game. Metaliman just because a system exists it doesnt mean its good, sometimes we simply have no choice and have to use it, and we cannot revert the time and see what would happen IF. We just have to live with what we have and do what we can to improve it. If playing a tournament shoulder to shoulder with people you grew up with online every 6 months or so is what it takes, then everyone with a mindset like mine will do it. As a hobby, regardless of result, pride, and title.
    peace.
    I said he brought some good things, not that everything was good, what "caught" Capricornus was a new add-on which was still in testing phase, it was definitely interesting but it was way too complex to be fully reliable - we all got "caught" by it.

I was more talking about the anti lightbulbs and the CRC check that blocked custom DLLs, it was really good... until he worked with that cheater Zcaliptum or something like that.

I am not surprised, Croteam never really understood what made a versus game mode great like Digital Extremes did. It's a miracle the Serious Sam DM scene lasted as long as it did especially with Kenneth Caselli poisoning the scene with cheats, and for some reason, lightbulb models. The fact that it did not have mutator/modding support, or inbuilt bot support, or versus-specific weapons like what UT 99 and UT 2K4 had was a death sentence for the game, as far as the niche goes.

Maybe it's for the best, back in the day, there was way too much stupid to go around what with the overabundance of egotistical windbags and cheat apologists, or the number of incidents of top players being caught cheating. There wasn't enough sportsmanship to go around, and in the end, people just got fed up and burned out. Those that remain today, are largely those who did deserve a place here after all.
    That'd be too easy to blame it all on Zeb as he was the most known cheater to spread the shit around, but i'm sure he was not the first one. Sadly the issue goes much further than that because the whole FPS genre is heavily touched by the cheating bane. Many of us got bored by them and the constant questionning and suspicions but then we move in games that are actually... worse - despite having a true support against that. Somehow we have deal with it, or just play something else... it really sucks.

PS : What are your thoughts on Macron getting elected instead of Marie LePen, and how do you feel about the growing muslim immigrant violence and cultural hegemony?
    It is quite a vast and complex subject but if I try to simplify: I believe it is a huge mistake to mix two cultures that are radically uncompatible at all. All it does is creating tensions that keeps increasing (legitimately) and at some point it's just going to implode. France is a whole mess, the actual and precedent governements divided us just so they could keep controlling us better, we are so divided that we became selfish as fuck, whenever there's is a manifestation, most of people gets angry because the roads are blocked or because the transports are stopped, they just know to yell instead of supporting those who tries to save their jobs or even save what remains of the country, on the other hand those yelling idiots will be the first ones to cry when they will announce the removing of xxx employment in their sector. At the end it changes nothing and we get fucked everytime, whereas is the whole country was clever and act united together, the governement would have no choice but to bend themsevles at what we claim.

the (corrupted) governements made a massive anti racism propaganda against LePen because she don't want the immigrants to step on our lands, though french people are way too dumb to do the difference between racism and patriotism, because we (as a voter of ms LePen) don't give a shit about where do they come from, but we care about the security of the country, and NONE can deny that LOT of terrorists came through those groups of refugees. Our governements utopically believes we can help the whole world but I just simply disagree, not if it places in peril the security of the citizens.

To go a bit further on the religions, those ways of thinking are 2000 years old and it just makes me fall on my ass how much this shit managed to stay alive throughout the time. Christianism is already quite a huge heresy compared to what the modern society is but Islam is by far the worst of all. There would certainly be no problem if everyone was able to keep their beliefs for themselves but the simple fact is that muslims are simply unable to do it and they think they can importune everyone with that. At the end we get women beaten up to death on french beachs by muslims because they consider they were bitches due to wearing light cloths... and that's just one example. It's probably legal in their muslim countries but here is it not, and that's precisely the problem, they think their religion is higher than the laws of the republic.

All that to say that I will keep voting patriotic political groups, LePen or else, depending who will have the best programs.
    To be honest it even makes me laugh when I see all these people that manifests in the streets, because 3/4 of them voted Macron so... we literally knew we'd get fucked up if he was elected but they still wanted him, so now they got him.

I keep hope, EU is slowly waking up (thank you UK, Italy and Austria).

PPS : Have you heard from Ostap since his laughable attempt at an apology?
    I've been off the game since a while so I probably missed something, but I didn't hear of him again since the game was moved on the new master server
    Last edited by Skyward; 11.06.2018 at 14:43.

Greymuzzle

I said he brought some good things, not that everything was good, what "caught" Capricornus was a new add-on which was still in testing phase, it was definitely interesting but it was way too complex to be fully reliable - we all got "caught" by it.

I was more talking about the anti lightbulbs and the CRC check that blocked custom DLLs, it was really good... until he worked with that cheater Zcaliptum or something like that.
    I did not know that Petr cheats, wasn't he also working on Serious Sam Evolution?

That'd be too easy to blame it all on Zeb as he was the most known cheater to spread the shit around, but i'm sure he was not the first one. Sadly the issue goes much further than that because the whole FPS genre is heavily touched by the cheating bane. Many of us got bored by them and the constant questionning and suspicions but then we move in games that are actually... worse - despite having a true support against that. Somehow we have deal with it, or just play something else... it really sucks.
    It's the combination of that, combined with his ego, and his apparent ability to somehow gain a following, in addition to his inability to take the hint and go away that poisoned the community in a big way.

It is quite a vast and complex subject but if I try to simplify: I believe it is a huge mistake to mix two cultures that are radically uncompatible at all. All it does is creating tensions that keeps increasing (legitimately) and at some point it's just going to implode. France is a whole mess, the actual and precedent governements divided us just so they could keep controlling us better, we are so divided that we became selfish as fuck, whenever there's is a manifestation, most of people gets angry because the roads are blocked or because the transports are stopped, they just know to yell instead of supporting those who tries to save their jobs or even save what remains of the country, on the other hand those yelling idiots will be the first ones to cry when they will announce the removing of xxx employment in their sector. At the end it changes nothing and we get fucked everytime, whereas is the whole country was clever and act united together, the governement would have no choice but to bend themsevles at what we claim.
    The division isn't necessarily a bad thing, the country is diseased to the point that being able to identify, isolate and push weak centrists out of relevance can only mean good things.

the (corrupted) governements made a massive anti racism propaganda against LePen because she don't want the immigrants to step on our lands, though french people are way too dumb to do the difference between racism and patriotism, because we (as a voter of ms LePen) don't give a shit about where do they come from, but we care about the security of the country, and NONE can deny that LOT of terrorists came through those groups of refugees. Our governements utopically believes we can help the whole world but I just simply disagree, not if it places in peril the security of the citizens.
    I can tell you that this is not an accident, the same people pushing this forced multi-cultural agenda down everyone's throats owns the media and has a vested interest in proving cultural marxist principles right. Which is ironic because they are so socially and financially insulated that they will never feel the consequences of their actions. Once you bring back nationalism into the national consciousness, only then can you begin to fight back this growing tide of darkness that threaten to enslave your culture, and your women.

To go a bit further on the religions, those ways of thinking are 2000 years old and it just makes me fall on my ass how much this shit managed to stay alive throughout the time. Christianism is already quite a huge heresy compared to what the modern society is but Islam is by far the worst of all. There would certainly be no problem if everyone was able to keep their beliefs for themselves but the simple fact is that muslims are simply unable to do it and they think they can importune everyone with that. At the end we get women beaten up to death on french beachs by muslims because they consider they were bitches due to wearing light cloths... and that's just one example. It's probably legal in their muslim countries but here is it not, and that's precisely the problem, they think their religion is higher than the laws of the republic.
    I can tell you how, in the case of Christianity, it came out of a culture that is diasporic in nature, and so it was never built with principles like loyalty, populism and tribalism in mind.

All that to say that I will keep voting patriotic political groups, LePen or else, depending who will have the best programs.
    To be honest it even makes me laugh when I see all these people that manifests in the streets, because 3/4 of them voted Macron so... we literally knew we'd get fucked up if he was elected but they still wanted him, so now they got him.

I keep hope, EU is slowly waking up (thank you UK, Italy and Austria).
    You know, you've grown since the last time I've talked to you. This is a respectable statement, although I have to say that the UK still has a long way to go. The people there who claim to be conservatives are really weak centrists and liberalists who still play by the rules of the cultural marxist's playbook. I can tell you of the numerous times I got accused of being in the alt-right (as if it was a bad thing) by british conservatives simply by stating that different races and cultures have different strengths and weaknesses.

I've been off the game since a while so I probably missed something, but I didn't hear of him again since the game was moved on the new master server
    Maybe this community should think about reorganizing and rethinking what it wants to do to stay relevant. You know, condense the forums a bit, pick a game that has a lot of players in it to focus on, and scout for new members, etc. I mean, you guys even have a discord. (that nobody uses apparently)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information