Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Shotty Open League™ News

I should have made this thread since a long time already (but I haven't haha). So let's begin with two major informations:

1) Introducing MAP VETO!

Newer tournaments from SOL that will feature a complete map pool will give the possibility to the players (and teams) to veto the maps that they don't want. How does it work?

during the swiss stage (BO1), the maps will be given by random.org (each map will have it's own number)
    during the playoffs (BO3), each player will be given the possibility to veto 3 maps off the map pool, the two remaining maps will be played. In case of 1 - 1, one map will be randomly choosen by random.org.
    during the grand final (BO5), each player will be given the possibility to veto 2 maps off the map pool, in case of 2 - 2, the last map will be choosen by random.org.

Important: a map cannot be played more than once in the same match.

all of that being clarified, let's go straight to the second major information:

2) Unveiling the AllStars 2018 official map pool!

1. Little Trouble
    2. The Lost Tomb
    3. Sun Palace
    4. Docking Bay
    5. Pro Fortress
    6. Figona Clan Map
    7. Rafinery
    8. Crush

That does 4 native maps, 3 community maps and one halfway being the Pro Fortress as it features only minor modification. The map pack will be provided with the official registration thread which will be opened once I will be ready.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

nice
    oh and btw in the first round, about the map, each match random map choosen by random.org is that correct? and who wins there advances to playoffs or will have more matches?
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

Campers Clan

So since I got a little bit of free time lately, i'll take the time to write a note about what's up at the SOL tournaments:

I was really really enthusiast for the AllStars 2018 tournament and it really saddens me to see that the players who were playing it are gone. However, I am still not closing this tournament! I will work on what to do with it in the future and I WILL do something out of it, I swear we will play this tournament and finish it, even if that means I have to purge it and begin again from zero. Will work on what's possible to do.

BUT for now, all attention is towards the Classics 2019, a small tournament to make the remaining players around here to play in a more conventionnal format. With this tournament I expect to pick the attention of those who're still watching us from afar and give them the envy to come back for some action.

The Grand champion of this tournament will be featured in the reworked Featured thread (now separated from the main SOL thread). By the way, I will also be working on finally getting Destroyer, Klesk and Phenomenon in the featured.

Last statement is regarding the Championship: It is clear that this project won't go any further with such a small community, by consequences it is stopped right now. From now on, all the focus will be for the small Classics tournaments and the remake of the AllStars 2018.

Campers Clan

Due to my image host's doing a global purge, many of the pictures including screenshots of the results may be broken. If you see any broken image please notify me, thanks!

Campers Clan

Shotty Open League major updates:

- Tournament systems have been readapted to the SS community, we will hardly reach 16 players in tournaments so the qualifiers does no longer exist. Instead i'm introducing two types of tournaments: Stars Series which will contain ShottyStars; AllStars and TeamStars, and Classics Series which can be anything else, any tournament time on a classic double elimination format, Stars Series will remain with the swiss system.

- TeamSeries has been renamed TeamStars and I am actually working on the possibilities of doing a team tournament soon

- Map veto rules have been updated

- A FTTH dedicated server will be available in January for west EU players

further updates are planned concerning team tournaments, studying the possibility of cutting half the swiss format for stars series.

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Awesome news We need a server with perfect connection for shotty tournaments asap
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Bellatores

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Awesome news We need a server with perfect connection for shotty tournaments asap
    we need your servers for sure I'm even ready to contribute (or smth like that, donate maybe) if it's needed because I'm afraid if it will take place on Karel's servers I'm not going to sign in unfortunately : (
    Wake up to reality
    In this accursed world

Campers Clan

Introducing the Ladder! The ladder is the average ratio of players who played one or many SOL events. How does it work? the same way as the MVP but instead calculating the ratio of frag per game, it's the ratio of average ratio (MVP) per tournament.

what happens if you don't play a tournament? your ratio will decrease for inactivity. one tournament not played and your ratio will be divided by 1,2. next one is 1,3, next one is 1,4 and so on. If you play one tournament and are inactive again the next one, your ratio will be divided by 1,2 again and so on if you're inactive again.

This ladder brings who's the best contender of the SOL events. I expect this little feature to motivate people to play the tournaments, there's a #1 place waiting to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    we need your servers for sure I'm even ready to contribute (or smth like that, donate maybe) if it's needed because I'm afraid if it will take place on Karel's servers I'm not going to sign in unfortunately : (
    We will not need any donation since the server would be running on a personnal computer, but we won't be exploiting the !map feature sadly. We'll go the old F9 way.

Thanks for proposing though

Bellatores

sure hope that ping will do fine there.
    if you have lags on shotty maps = u can leave the server, it's ur lose anyways
    BUT if both contenders have lags, MAYBE you can win
    Wake up to reality
    In this accursed world

Veteran Member

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

How much is a good ping?

Campers Clan

between 60 and 90

Bellatores

that's brilliant...
    Wake up to reality
    In this accursed world

Veteran Member

Thx, Skyward. I have 126-132 on GZ and 135-146 on 42Amst.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHF View Post
    Thx, Skyward. I have 126-132 on GZ and 135-146 on 42Amst.
    np, try using the netsetting scripts that you can download here in our downloads: https://www.gamezone24.net/forums/dow...do=file&id=240

Veteran Member

Of course, I already use scripts from my old friend FG. When I showed my ping, it had no purpose to justify anything. In any case, I have no illusions about the prospects of my participation in the tournament. While I'm weak as a kitten, and weaker than any member of the last tournament. I managed to meet in the game with many participants of the this tournament, and therefore I know what I'm saying. The level of today's top players is much higher than my best level. And I'm still not recovered even its former level and not the fact that I can do it. However, I have thought it all over and plan to take part in the upcoming competition.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information