Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

View Poll Results: Should GZ24 be closed?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 6.67%

0 0%

1 3.33%

0 0%

0 0%

4 13.33%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.33%
  • No

22 73.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

is anybody from the voters ready to pay for the server monthly? Duke could easily stop paying if he wanted, but we keep him doing that with no sacrifice ourselves. It's easy to say we don't want it to close but not much people are willing to commit. Of course we did talk about it earlier but nothing changed. I'd close it if I were Duke, or move the rights to somebody else who's willing to pay.

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by GraphX View Post
    is anybody from the voters ready to pay for the server monthly? Duke could easily stop paying if he wanted, but we keep him doing that with no sacrifice ourselves. It's easy to say we don't want it to close but not much people are willing to commit. Of course we did talk about it earlier but nothing changed. I'd close it if I were Duke, or move the rights to somebody else who's willing to pay.
    You are right here, but I have not heard a single word on this topic from the owner himself. I doubt a person who ran a site for 15 years can so easily "click the delete button" or whatever... there is so much history here) It is kind of the same like what happened with Serious Zone, but that is another thing because the community here is... well different - but in a good way)

Veteran

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

how much is it
    ~He's the shining and the light without whom I cannot see

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Why do GameMecca owners still pay for it?
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Golden^_+Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Doesn't matter, everyone have different opinion on some stuff prolly.

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Golden^_+Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Salker90 View Post
    how much is it
    around 80€ yearly

~Amco 2016

~Amco 2020

Fiat Punto

around 80€ yearly
    That is 4X less money than what Serious Zone costed:

Capture.JPG

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Maybe they don't pay for it, GameMecca was offline several times and many times I believed they were gone. I think someone's hosting the site on his own machine. We could basically do the same if we had someone that owns a server and knows to manage FTP stuff. Preferably with a strong internet connection, considering the trafic on the site would affect his home internet performance.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Golden^_+Imperator

I could do that if i wasn't afraid of vulnerabilities that come with it

~Amco 2016

~Amco 2020

Server Admin

Downloads: 14  Uploads: 0

I could too, but its too much even for me
    Sorry no speedtest result here
    PC1 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700x@4.6GHz | RAM - 64GB DDR4 | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6750XT 12GB | OS - Windows 11 64bit
    PC2 | CPU - 2x Intel Xeon E5-2683v4@2.8GHz | RAM - 80GB DDR4 | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB | OS - Windows 11 64bit

edgebug

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

trololololo
    certified engineer of doublekill bug

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

I love the old threads and archives here, but there's nothing new in sight. Duke can do what he wants and this poll is useless.

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

Duki PM
    Mahjong Champion Shape Game Champion

Downloads: 102  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Salker90 View Post
    why would you close this
    It was just a thought, no activity, no posts and i think sam 4 sux

around 80€ yearly
    that is no problem form me

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    That is 4X less money than what Serious Zone costed:

Capture.JPG
    what 400 $ ?

Golden^_+Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by BoyZyatoR View Post
    I love the old threads and archives here, but there's nothing new in sight. Duke can do what he wants and this poll is useless.
    This poll is just asking for opinions, nothing else. Didn't make it clear in first post though

~Amco 2016

~Amco 2020

Fiat Punto

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
    what 400 $ ?
    Yep, Karel took the domain after Serious Zone closed and now hosts a page only with downloads, and in it there is an explanation that basically says "That forum dead, we use discord anyway" - but here it is not the case, I don't see much activity in the discord server)

https://www.seriouszone.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information