Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

View Poll Results: What do you prefer?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full HD 60 Hz

0 0%
  • Full HD 120 Hz

1 8.33%
  • Full HD 144 Hz

3 25.00%
  • Full HD 240Hz

0 0%
  • WQHD 60 Hz

0 0%
  • WQHD 120 Hz

0 0%
  • WQHD 144 Hz

4 33.33%
  • WQHD 240 Hz

1 8.33%
  • 4K 60Hz

2 16.67%
  • why would you need more than 60Hz?

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Do you game on 144Hz or more?

vote: what are you currently using? / or would like to use?

As for myself Full HD 144Hz on RX 580 8GB.
    My next step will be an RX 5700 and FULL HD 240 Hz

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

I use two monitors right now, I wanted to sell my AGON 1440p 144hz to buy a curved 32" but there's not enough place on my desk to use a 32" and a smaller 24". So I kept my 27" 144hz 1440p and I bought a smaller 1080p 144hz for competitive purposes.

I wanted the Agon 25" 1080p 240Hz but I thought it was too expensive, that's why I bought a cheaper 24" monitor, that'll do the job for now. The reason I bought the Razer Viper Ultimate is because that's the only wireless mouse that works properly on 240Hz monitors, the Pro Wireless has an issue with the polling rate apparently, I couldn't verifiy it myself but many people has been complaining about it. So yea I intend to get on 240hz for csgo, my 1440p monitor will be used for anything that is not competitive, maybe I'll end up to sell it as soon as I can plug my PC on a proper 4K TV to play on a couch.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

VPN Elite

damn you need at least a gtx 1070/RX Vega 56 to game on wqhd 144 hz, whats your card then?

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    damn you need at least a gtx 1070/RX Vega 56 to game on wqhd 144 hz, whats your card then?
    I got a 1070, it's been sufficient to play anything on WQHD, even NFS Payback worked at 100 fps on high graphics. I'll surely try the next RTX gens when the 1070 will really start to struggle but that's not the case yet

Downloads:Uploads: 0

As for myself I prefer Full HD 144Hz on RX 580 8GB

Elite Member

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Im using now 2 week samsung c32jg50 32" WQHD 144hz monitor with Zotac GTX 1070 amp extreme.
    Bis 27" ist full hd ok alles drüber WQHD. Hatte schon vor 1 jahr einen full hd 32" und es macht kein spass die pixel zuzuschauen.
    4K macht für mich kein sinn ein monitor mit ein geringen input lag und 144hz kostet 1000euro.
    240hz finde ich ist schon übertrieben

VPN Elite

damn 32“ is huuuge haha, would like to see a pic of your setup

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

For me it matters more to have accurate colors than refresh rate, but I kind of combine two of these things. I bought Samsung 24" with PLC panel, overclocked it from standard 60 to 75hz and made color calibration.

Or course i'd like to have IPS with 144hz and fast response time, but that tend to be expencive. Gaming capabilities are 2nd priority.

I was looking for monitors recently, but it's difficult to find the cheapest solution that fits all your needs, prices varies a LOT

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by GraphX View Post
    For me it matters more to have accurate colors than refresh rate, but I kind of combine two of these things. I bought Samsung 24" with PLC panel, overclocked it from standard 60 to 75hz and made color calibration.

Or course i'd like to have IPS with 144hz and fast response time, but that tend to be expencive. Gaming capabilities are 2nd priority.

I was looking for monitors recently, but it's difficult to find the cheapest solution that fits all your needs, prices varies a LOT
    https://www.amazon.fr/24G2U-BK-Monit...9&sr=8-2-fkmr0

amazon says shit, it's an IPS, not a VA

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    https://www.amazon.fr/24G2U-BK-Monit...9&sr=8-2-fkmr0

amazon says shit, it's an IPS, not a VA
    i've jsut watched some reviews. It's terrible in colors for a photographer

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by GraphX View Post
    i've jsut watched some reviews. It's terrible in colors for a photographer
    you need a professionnal monitor from EIZO then

Hardstyle <3

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 0

my monitor use only QHD .
    4K monitor are to expensive at the moment.

VPN Elite

that comes from a guy with gtx 1080 Ti and 32GB Ram

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

The Poll question should be "What monitor do you currently use" rather than "What do you prefer?" because obviously I prefer WQHD 240 Hz, but am gaming on Full HD 60 Hz That would give us some insight of what people currently game on.

VPN Elite

i was hoping to get answers like yours, because i am interested what kind of screens people prefer or going to buy in the future
    that gives me a little feedback what kind of graphics cards i should not buy
    my idea was to get a little debate about the current monitor that people use vs a new one and its advantages towards the older one

i gotta admit asking this on gz with 10 voters is a bit dumb though, but at least this is international

should have rather gathered informations about gaming monitors on facebook, but i totally hate social media

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information