Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

View Poll Results: Should this gun replace the current lazer one ?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah it rocks !

20 66.67%
  • No the current lazer gun owns !

5 16.67%
  • I don't know , I need to test it first !

5 16.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    #True Λstyle -

Downloads:Uploads: 0

nice work Dre new gun the best

Haron is definitely Brian Oconner ~ Sensation 2014
    https://www.gamezone24.net/forums/sho...55#post1241755

Advanced Member

Hmmm, I think you guys are going to mess around too much with the essence of the game. This ain't a rapidfire gun anymore but a mini-quick-rocketlauncher type of gun. Laser never was under/over powered.

Many vote "yes" purely cuz it's new. Instead of randomly changing weapon I suggest you guys do enough runns to check the balance

Edit:
    Is kewl to see so much enthiastic people , but overdoing it will conclude to a second failure of creating a solid TDM.

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wiper View Post
    Hmmm, I think you guys are going to mess around too much with the essence of the game. This ain't a rapidfire gun anymore but a mini-quick-rocketlauncher type of gun. Laser never was under/over powered.

Many vote "yes" purely cuz it's new. Instead of randomly changing weapon I suggest you guys do enough runns to check the balance

Edit:
    Is kewl to see so much enthiastic people , but overdoing it will conclude to a second failure of creating a solid TDM.
    Yeah its what I said in the other thread , I'm not for changing anything because it will spoil sam spirit. That's why I decided to not spend more than 2 weeks on it

Howewer this is not way close to a double barrel or rocket gun because :

1) the bullets don't spray
    2) the bullets don't explode

Laser is good like it is yeah but who uses laser seriously ? I picture this one as a solid alternative , I figured in good hands this weapon could definitely push shotgun players harder than they're used to.
    But I'm conscious this might be not a good thing, because people who will suck , will just blame the changes In the other hand , shotgun freaks usually play lt / st the most and , in those maps , there's no lazer

this weapon could replace cannon if people prefer that...or flame thrower ( even though this weapon is only available in rs )

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    Yeah its what I said in the other thread , I'm not for changing anything because it will spoil sam spirit. That's why I decided to not spend more than 2 weeks on it

Howewer this is not way close to a double barrel or rocket gun because :

1) the bullets don't spray
    2) the bullets don't explode

Laser is good like it is yeah but who uses laser seriously ? I picture this one as a solid alternative , I figured in good hands this weapon could definitely push shotgun players harder than they're used to.
    But I'm conscious this might be not a good thing, because people who will suck , will just blame the changes In the other hand , shotgun freaks usually play lt / st the most and , in those maps , there's no lazer

this weapon could replace cannon if people prefer that...or flame thrower ( even though this weapon is only available in rs )
    A new kind of weapon might be more interesting instead of modding. What I can suggest as a substitute for the flamethrowers is making it a flaregun (Like TF2 ). So long distance fireballs with the GL dynamics putting an oponent onto fire.

For the cannon a nice add would be that ur forced to stand still charging ur shot (= sitting duck for about 2 secs).

Edit:
    Change/substitue the tommygun with a rapidfire lowpowered rail gun.

Just brainstorming here

Elite Member

For the cannon a nice add would be that ur forced to stand still charging ur shot (= sitting duck for about 2 secs).

I LOVE this idea
    But I'm sure it would be too weak a weapon then, and would't be of any use.

Running Bitch

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

current laser owns
    ~WROOOOAAAMM!! sig made by Stif back in the days

Lyrical Master

A new kind of weapon might be more interesting instead of modding. What I can suggest as a substitute for the flamethrowers is making it a flaregun (Like TF2 ). So long distance fireballs with the GL dynamics putting an oponent onto fire.

Edit:
    Change/substitue the tommygun with a rapidfire lowpowered rail gun.

Just brainstorming here
    Sure I'm gonna code totally new weapons, I'll deal with physics in 2 days Besides I don't even know how that gun looks...

What I wanted to do about cannon in 2006 was even better It was to make people able to destroy the cannon balls with any weapons I wanted to give them a very low health like 1 so it would be very easy to blow It's 1 line of code

It would SURE be fun , but now it's useless cuz this patch if played , would be by 'good players' only in clan wars , and none of us would use cannon so let's just remove or replace it

Advanced Member

What I wanted to do about cannon in 2006 was even better It was to make people able to destroy the cannon balls with any weapons I wanted to give them a very low health like 1 so it would be very easy to blow It's 1 line of code

It would SURE be fun , but now it's useless cuz this patch if played , would be by 'good players' only in clan wars , and none of us would use cannon so let's just remove or replace it

Hehe, would be completely insane since damage will be done by hitting the floor too hard

I think you must take a look at the side-effect of making the adjustment (no moving during charging). Yes you'll be a sitting duck but on the otherside 1 hit = 1 kill and I'm sure good players will know how to make good use of it

Lyrical Master

Hehe, would be completely insane since damage will be done by hitting the floor too hard

I think you must take a look at the side-effect of making the adjustment (no moving during charging). Yes you'll be a sitting duck but on the otherside 1 hit = 1 kill and I'm sure good players will know how to make good use of it
    I doubt good players like cannon lol But what did you mean by hitting the floor too hard ? When I said 1hp I was talking about the cannon balls , not the cannon players

Advanced Member

I doubt good players like cannon lol But what did you mean by hitting the floor too hard ? When I said 1hp I was talking about the cannon balls , not the cannon players
    Doesn't the speeddamage vs floor/wall inflict enemies/entities?

And of course they do (especially in TDM you'll be able to kill multiple oponents with one shot )

Lyrical Master

Doesn't the speeddamage vs floor/wall inflict enemies/entities?
    yeah but there are two different vars to deal with that : m_bExplode and m_bCanBeDestroyed

The first one means the entity can be destroyed when touching a brush entity the second makes a player entity able to destroy it or not.

And of course they do (especially in TDM you'll be able to kill multiple oponents with one shot )
    LOOOOOL You dream man , I already see it coming "damn cannon noob" , current rules prove me right but feel free to start a poll about it

Advanced Member

yeah but there are two different vars to deal with that : m_bExplode and m_bCanBeDestroyed

The first one means the entity can be destroyed when touching a brush entity the second makes a player entity able to destroy it or not.

LOOOOOL You dream man , I already see it coming "damn cannon noob" , current rules prove me right but feel free to start a poll about it
    I'm willing to start a poll about it but I think the most will vote "no" against it since *shivers* it says "cannon"

My arguments:
    - Every FPS game needs an uberweapon with low amount of ammo (something to fight for like the redeemer/bfg etc.)
    - Not moving during charging makes people vunerable.
    - Not fully charged = not instant kill so if a cannoneer wants to move again he/she must release a less charged shot.
    - Those who hate the cannon and are saying they're 1337 let them prove it by killing a static!! player before the shot is (fully) charged

Lyrical Master

Hot news :

1 ) New model, skin and animations added to this plasma gun
    2 ) New sounds, stain and explosion particles
    3 ) This model will replace the cannon so the lazer lovers don't miss anything so quit voting
    4 ) A very small damage radius has been added , over five times smaller than the rocket one. A straight shot costs your opponent 40hp , shots inside the radius can cost him between 0 and 20hp depending on how close you are from the target.
    5) This weapon comes as secondary, and therefore, just like the minigun & tommygun, or Single & Double Shotgun, it will share electricty ammo with lazer and be pulled out by pressing twice the lazer key ( by default )

It means this weapon will be very good now , especially in defensive behaviors but not only if you have a good aim... and should be considered as a weapon to fight for.

I'm not spending one minute more on the plasma gun , it should now make everyone happy

ps : wiper , while I was checking the code out , I noticed there's already been a flare gun in ss

Alligator Pit

I wont play this mod .. damn too many adjustments.. get a REAL TDM mod man!! dont edit anything like that crap..
    just make a normal sam, except friendly fire & a team counter
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Lyrical Master

Don't blame me , I'm following the poll results, I personally don't give a damn if you play or not , you never play sam anyways

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information