Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

View Poll Results: Should we make grenades worse?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, too much spam!

7 31.82%
  • No, keep them as they are..

15 68.18%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Downloads:Uploads: 0

duke would see them coming from the other side of the map,he cant whine spam then cos he will see where there coming from

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by villains huggy View Post
    duke would see them coming from the other side of the map,he cant whine spam then cos he will see where there coming from
    ok problem no.1 solved, now make sniper shots visible for him

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD™ View Post
    ok problem no.1 solved, now make sniper shots visible for him
    you can do that without any mods i have a script for that

Elite Member

So any kind of lightbulbs can't be added by individual players? In that case that's really good. And don't ever make them lightbulbs work in the mod then.. That will be fair for 100% of the players.

Molotow

I played tdm today (map was ut by joker or smth) and in my opinion there is no need to change... It was actually nice to play with granade laucher and it was even nice to got killed by it too I have always "feared " to use this weapon in order to avoid "spamming noob"- whining, maybe in tdm mod you can use it with dignity, dunno...

btw those quake sounds are just awesome

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by FerociousGuardian View Post
    I have always "feared " to use this weapon in order to avoid "spamming noob whining
    Man.. play the way you like . No matter how you play, in the end, there will always be someone complaining about you anyway. Gl is by far the most funny weapon with normal diff. Especially on big open maps when you're hitting someone far away and you get "spam"

|Limited Edition|

no, i want to play sam...
    ~ never never stop stop.

Figona

bombs are fine as they are now there is no point to change them, all of that spam threads are because they are uniqe and you can use them better then quake type ones

change shotty, tthis weapon is abused and overpowered, so easy to hit, so fast reload

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Siron Ex View Post
    Laughing my ass off. And you are complaining about lightbulp models?
    Noo I've never complained about them, actually I've never even cosidered them cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by villains huggy View Post
    but you cant add the flare to them anyway,for that to work it has to be added to the mod
    Damn!
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Lyrical Master

For the record :

Friendly fire off = your teammates can't hurt you
    Friendly fire on = your teammates can hurt you

It's currently set to off

What's the big deal about it ? I've read some complains but isn't it the main feature of a team game ? I don't get it...

About the grenade launcher steve you won't get anything I think, most players love the grenade launcher. In my opinion there are only a few really good grenade launcher players who know how to handle it and love it. I have nothing against them. The most annoying, is actually the bunch of spammers who misuse this weapon only when their score gets embarrassing. And those players will never let you change anything to the grenade launcher. The only reason I honestly don't use this weapon is because I suck hard with it and I don't like the style you got when handling it but it's just a personal opinion.

And no amco it wasn't always like that I've notice the standards have changed a lot since I'm back , the best players nowadays are the best runners and campers. I played a 1 on 1 game two days ago in TLT against some alias. I get it when you run because you are low in health but everytime the dude saw me he stepped back and ran away, EVERY TIME ! I thought it was chris so I checked his ip and I was like .... when I found that who he was.. I don't have any problem with runners but I find it sad to play like that... they don't play the game I've known, THEY DONT EVEN PLAY ! I don't understand why they're not bored as hell

And steve again , I think the railgun has really balanced the GL advantage, you'll see it yourself when you get in touch with it

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    For the record :

Friendly fire off = your teammates can't hurt you
    Friendly fire on = your teammates can hurt you

It's currently set to off

What's the big deal about it ? I've read some complains but isn't it the main feature of a team game ? I don't get it...
    The ammount of spam is bound to increase, and the skill needed conciderably decreased. I'm not saying it for a fact as I have so far only tried the mod one time with TE, but my guesse is that sooner or later players will want FF set to on. How is FF set in CPL (cs) ? I can be wrong, but it should be on ?
    This mod is obviously a true success, but I don't think the FF has anything to do with that, it's still a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre
    I thought it was chris
    Before I even read your guesse, that was MY guesse too

I think the railgun has really balanced the GL advantage
    I would love to hear.. is anyone fragging with it ??? Does people use it a lot ?
    For me when I tried it with TE I really like this weapon although I hardly every hit him with it (on my own server) but obviously te hit me all the time

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    I played a 1 on 1 game two days ago in TLT against some alias. I get it when you run because you are low in health but everytime the dude saw me he stepped back and ran away, EVERY TIME ! I thought it was chris so I checked his ip and I was like .... when I found that who he was.. I don't have any problem with runners but I find it sad to play like that... they don't play the game I've known, THEY DONT EVEN PLAY ! I don't understand why they're not bored as hell :
    https://www.gamezone24.net/forums/sho...5&postcount=70

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    The ammount of spam is bound to increase, and the skill needed conciderably decreased. I'm not saying it for a fact as I have so far only tried the mod one time with TE, but my guesse is that sooner or later players will want FF set to on. How is FF set in CPL (cs) ? I can be wrong, but it should be on ?
    This mod is obviously a true success, but I don't think the FF has anything to do with that, it's still a success.
    In CPL it's on yeah, but cs tries be a tactical game that's why. I'm just surprised cuz the first thing people asked me to implement in this mod was friendly fire. Let's see how it evolves...

Before I even read your guesse, that was MY guesse too
    Well yeah chris is big gay too but sometimes , when he thinks he has a chance, he fights. This guy ran away before even finding out how much energy I had And people blame me when I'm under alias but if all my tag games were like this one, Id rather delete name editor

I would love to hear.. is anyone fragging with it ??? Does people use it a lot ?
    For me when I tried it with TE I really like this weapon although I hardly every hit him with it (on my own server) but obviously te hit me all the time
    Not everyone use it... If you look at the poll results about it , you can figure out who use it and who don't...It's not as easy as shotgun so...

I know but the LT spam would be even more dangerous imo...I don't want any complains so I let the admins decide , blame them

Elite Member

I think I shot off my mouth before thinking. Maybe you had a great deal of work to fix the FF And like you say, let's see how things evolve
    But you must understand; just having the option, in the game many of us played for such a long time, to shoot at your team mate and he won't get hurt but your enemy will.. this has been unreal until now, and it adds something exceptionally different. But again, let's see how things evolve (I know I'm right about the future FF settings).

This guy ran away before even finding out how much energy I had
    Obviously he's not related to the real Vikings of the North

I have another question. I'll be on an old PC for some time now and no reason to install Sam here.. About FF and grenades. What happens with a grenade in FF off when you hit a team mate? Does it pass right through or does it explode ? I forgot to find out when I tried the mod.

Lyrical Master

it collides or explodes on him like he's a wall, there's no way to change it

But just so you know , it's really easy to make a command to turn ff on / off

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information