Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    but aren't there some pro gamers of quake who use acceleration? maybe it's good in fast games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    I don't know about quake I don't play this game, don't know the community so I'm not gonna say anything about it..
    Using acceleration in Quake (3) is insane... you need awesome aim to play that game, and you won't get that aim with acceleration on

But yeah that's what I said, in fast games like sam.. aim isn't as important, it's more about reflexes.. You can't be consistent with acceleration, there's stuff you don't control that's messin your game, like stress, fatigue, concentration etc..
    Being good in Q3 depends 50% on movements and 50% on aim (according to the very scientific study by me )... if you don't have the movements, you're toast. Same goes with the aim.

Check this vid; it's really old (2002), but it demonstrates rather good what I am talking about... look at fatal1ty's aim with the lightning gun

[YT]kRMn1tj5-Nc[/YT]

Advanced Member

Yeah, playing with acceleration on is mental illness

Yeah that's why But I guess in games like sam, it's not really a big deal since aim isn't as important..
    Well aim can be useful, but I know I'm mora a timing fragger than aiming fragger (yeah I know sounds strange).

What still amazes me about CSs and that's also one of the reasons I dislike the game....I often pumped a dozen of bullets into an oponent's body close range with M16 nevertheless he's still hopping around while I get sniped across the map with multiple headshots (from an AK or M16) in a row which is instant death.

Said it before, but I just can't understand why people aren't bored of it after a few months of playing....I mean how interesting can it be?...2 headshots in a row....maybe 3....clear out a hole team? If you have seen 1 ownage vid of a 1337 player u have seen them all

[yt]4_swc5ko_24[/yt]

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wiper View Post
    Well aim can be useful, but I know I'm mora a timing fragger than aiming fragger (yeah I know sounds strange).

What still amazes me about CSs and that's also one of the reasons I dislike the game....I often pumped a dozen of bullets into an oponent's body close range with M16 nevertheless he's still hopping around while I get sniped across the map with multiple headshots (from an AK or M16) in a row which is instant death.

Said it before, but I just can't understand why people aren't bored of it after a few months of playing....I mean how interesting can it be?...2 headshots in a row....maybe 3....clear out a hole team? If you have seen 1 ownage vid of a 1337 player u have seen them all
    I'm bored every 6 months, and then I come back ( I'm not playing at the moment )

But you know you really can't judge a game fairly until you've played it at a relatively decent level..There's more like what you describe but of course you can't see this in public servers.. I guess it's the same for TF2 or even sam you know. Because sam is fun all right but damn it's sooooooooooooooooo much better in clan wars.

Do you imagine if we had a real community with hundreds not to say thousand of clan wars everyday? It'd be something else really.. Good players would only play clan wars and only noobs would play in public servers, leaving the newcomers a game lacking real interest..

But you're right about the M16 body sprayin..It annoys me so much in css.. And it's even worse when I played with a bad computer and didn't have 100 fps..

But the worst thing is the fucked up recoil.. noobs can luck-shoot you while running..

Advanced Member

I'm bored every 6 months, and then I come back ( I'm not playing at the moment )

But you know you really can't judge a game fairly until you've played it at a relatively decent level..There's more like what you describe but of course you can't see this in public servers.. I guess it's the same for TF2 or even sam you know. Because sam is fun all right but damn it's sooooooooooooooooo much better in clan wars.

Do you imagine if we had a real community with hundreds not to say thousand of clan wars everyday? It'd be something else really.. Good players would only play clan wars and only noobs would play in public servers, leaving the newcomers a game lacking real interest..

But you're right about the M16 body sprayin..It annoys me so much in css.. And it's even worse when I played with a bad computer and didn't have 100 fps..

But the worst thing is the fucked up recoil.. noobs can luck-shoot you while running..
    I agree on the fact that a true clan war adds something extra to the game but it doesn't have a huge effect on the gameplay considering CSs other than one throwing a grenade and the other jumping in to shoot, cover eachothers back or split up for both bombsides. I know it's meant to be as real as it can be, but I do miss all the possibilities which other shooters do have. Strategy and movingskillz are way overpowered by good aim (just as real life I know ).

I consider it as a sort of flight-sim, sure there is a market for just the market for CSs is unbelievable big. Ow and to make myself clear, I'm not judging people who like a certain game

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

You're mistaken -> https://www.gamezone24.net/forums/sho...5&postcount=19

I would never ever delete or edit a post without a valid reason on purpose

Here's a nice article on wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory

Basically it's the ability of the body to memorize a well practiced motion in order to perform it automatically. It's very obvious in sports like basketball..the more your practice your throws, the easier it gets. Because your brain knows exactly what signal to send to your muscles given the distance between you and the hoop.

It's exactly like aiming at a point on the screen. As long as you keep your sentitivity, resolution, and your DPI consistent, the distance and only the distance on the screen between your crosshair and the target is directly linked to the effort required by your arm and/or wrist muscles ( with a low sensitivity you have to move your whole arm )

Have you ever done a shot you didn't plan ? You know like when it's so fast you can't even see it, you're like " HUH WTF WAS THAT ME WHO DID THAT? "

Who do you think it was ? It's a reflex shot and thanks your brain for that

With acceleration it's fucked up because the cursor speed on the screen depends on how fast you move your mouse on the pad. And no human (well maybe fakirs) is able to control this.
    lol i have mistaken the thread
    good explanation and yes i know exactly what you mean. i aim very often like that in sam. i mean it's no real aim. i just know where the player will be in the next 1/10 sec and shoot there faster than you can see it because i have done the same movement several times and just repeat it. it's different if i really have to aim on a little point what is much harder.

another point: can you say me if this is a good idea? i mean i have set my mouse speed on the desktop to the highest possible and with a g9 this is quite high, just to train my aim.

[yt]4_swc5ko_24[/yt]
    maybe they aren't bored because they like it that way. aim is the most interesting thing for me in a fps(for others it's tactic). i prefer weapons like sniper and i'm afraid we don't have a railgun in sam like in the tfm mod. i think you wouldn't like my playing style
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousKillerNaruto View Post
    how do you find DPI?
    what's your mouse
    Code:
    Port Designs 3D Optical Mouse
    Rating: 5V / 100ma
    tested to comply with FCC standards
    FOR HOME OR OFFICE USE

Made in China
    it's all the information that i've on it.

Old :

New :

Lyrical Master

I agree on the fact that a true clan war adds something extra to the game but it doesn't have a huge effect on the gameplay considering CSs other than one throwing a grenade and the other jumping in to shoot, cover eachothers back or split up for both bombsides. I know it's meant to be as real as it can be, but I do miss all the possibilities which other shooters do have. Strategy and movingskillz are way overpowered by good aim (just as real life I know ).

I consider it as a sort of flight-sim, sure there is a market for just the market for CSs is unbelievable big. Ow and to make myself clear, I'm not judging people who like a certain game
    Yeah it doesn't change the gameplay but it changes the way the game is played.

Man trust me, there's no possible comparison between the game in public servers and the competitive scene.. it's day and night..

It's halfway between arcade and sim true even though I think it's more arcade than sim but I'm not even talking about that. You know it's like freestyle/street football and football, you see? Apart from the fact that you need a ball and two feet it's totally different..

I'm sure that if sam had a real competitive scene, not many of us would play in public servers with Jsaf..

---------- Post added 31.08.2009 at 02:06 ----------

another point: can you say me if this is a good idea? i mean i have set my mouse speed on the desktop to the highest possible and with a g9 this is quite high, just to train my aim.
    No it's not, it's horrible if you play with it. This slider doesn't increase the DPI, it increases the speed. So, you gain speed but you keep the same resolution/precision/DPI, how come ? -> Pixel skipping

So in the end you're losing precision, look at this

I drew two basic curves with the default 1 pixel pen in paint, and the two different settings. You can easily make out that when maxed out, the cursor speed makes you skip pixels.

And since you know that in-game sensitivity is a multiplier of windows sensitivity, I hope you understand what it means

So if you want a super fast cursor, you should increase the DPI rather than the windows sensitivity.

maybe they aren't bored because they like it that way. aim is the most interesting thing for me in a fps(for others it's tactic). i prefer weapons like sniper and i'm afraid we don't have a railgun in sam like in the tfm mod. i think you wouldn't like my playing style
    Well CSS isn't as tactical as 1.6 so aim is really really really really important. And I'm not talking aim like in sam or quake, I'm talking about :

- "hey wtf I had him, he should be dead"
    - "Nope, you were 1mm too far"
    - ""

---------- Post added 31.08.2009 at 02:07 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousKillerNaruto View Post
    Code:
    Port Designs 3D Optical Mouse
    Rating: 5V / 100ma
    tested to comply with FCC standards
    FOR HOME OR OFFICE USE

Made in China
    it's all the information that i've on it.
    I can't tell from this, too bad you didn't keep more. It's probably 800

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

thx

Old :

New :

Campers Clan

Yeah it doesn't change the gameplay but it changes the way the game is played.

Man trust me, there's no possible comparison between the game in public servers and the competitive scene.. it's day and night..

It's halfway between arcade and sim true even though I think it's more arcade than sim but I'm not even talking about that. You know it's like freestyle/street football and football, you see? Apart from the fact that you need a ball and two feet it's totally different..

I'm sure that if sam had a real competitive scene, not many of us would play in public servers with Jsaf..

---------- Post added 31.08.2009 at 02:06 ----------

No it's not, it's horrible if you play with it. This slider doesn't increase the DPI, it increases the speed. So, you gain speed but you keep the same resolution/precision/DPI, how come ? -> Pixel skipping

So in the end you're losing precision, look at this

I drew two basic curves with the default 1 pixel pen in paint, and the two different settings. You can easily make out that when maxed out, the cursor speed makes you skip pixels.

And since you know that in-game sensitivity is a multiplier of windows sensitivity, I hope you understand what it means

So if you want a super fast cursor, you should increase the DPI rather than the windows sensitivity.

Well CSS isn't as tactical as 1.6 so aim is really really really really important. And I'm not talking aim like in sam or quake, I'm talking about :

- "hey wtf I had him, he should be dead"
    - "Nope, you were 1mm too far"
    - ""

---------- Post added 31.08.2009 at 02:07 ----------

I can't tell from this, too bad you didn't keep more. It's probably 800
    ok, so i should reset my windows settings to default 50% but let my mouse at the maximum of 3200 dpi to get the best fast aim? so the default 50% settings skip NO pixels and give you 100% accurazy? so 50% means just that windows doesn't change the speed at all and just uses the dpi value as speed?

Campers Clan

What mouse sensitivy and DPI do you use in CS:S and do you play with mouse acceleration ?

I think I'm going to laugh loud at you guys I had an overview with QS

My settings :

400 DPI
    3.25 sensitivity
    NO ACCEL

(3.25 sensitivity with 400 DPI is like 1.625 with 800 DPI or 0.8125 with 1600 DPI)
    I don't understand this. I also try out 400 dpi at the moment but to get 50cm per 360° I need a sens of 1.92. do you have 50 cm per 360° with 3.25, Dre? I play with 1088x612 and have all accel and smoothing turned off.

another question is why do I see only 1.9 when I look at my sense and not 1.92 although I have set this? does the value get rounded, like in sam? can I use a sens like X.XX or only X.X?

Lyrical Master

I don't understand this. I also try out 400 dpi at the moment but to get 50cm per 360° I need a sens of 1.92. do you have 50 cm per 360° with 3.25, Dre? I play with 1088x612 and have all accel and smoothing turned off.

another question is why do I see only 1.9 when I look at my sense and not 1.92 although I have set this? does the value get rounded, like in sam? can I use a sens like X.XX or only X.X?
    That's because we don't have the same mouse, the same pad.. that's why I told you giving your sensitivity value to someone is useless and dumb. If you've always been a very high sensitivity player I suggest you use a distance of 35 cms to turn 360°, 50 is way too much.

You can use 6 digits after the decimal point without losing precision. The reason you don't see it in the options screen is purely aesthetic. So yes it's rounded but just for the sake of design, you can see your real sensitivity in the console if you type in 'sensitivity' without the quotes obviously.. and press enter.

Campers Clan

now all is clear to me thx to your good answer. thx. yes, 35 cm feel very good . but I noticed the lower I make my sense the better gets my aim so the lower the sense the better???

Lyrical Master

The better.. the aim yes theorically, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a better player overall.

Low sensers don't move the mouse the same way to aim and look around, and it's very difficult for them to get used to using their whole arm to move the mouse on the pad after years of high sensitivity where you only have to move your wrist.

You need to find the perfect sensitivity that'll give you the best balance between looking around quickly and aiming accurately. In other words, between speed (high sens) and accuracy (low sens).

If you need more than one second to turn 180°, it's definitely too much.

If you're talking CS:S and if you're interested, I made a renowned map to practice your aim. You can use it to find your perfect sensitivity too.

There also is an exercise called the decal tracking..you shoot like five bullets on a wall to form a big spot, you set your crosshair size to the smallest and the goal here is to keep the crosshair inside the mark while you're strafing, moving, jumping around.

You start with two sensitivities and each time you get rid of the one that makes the exercise the most difficult.

Example:

You start with : 1 and 10

If 1 seems better than 10, you replace 10 by 5

So now you have : 1 and 5

If 5 seems better than 1, you replace 1 by 2.5

So now you have : 2.5 and 5

Etc etc.. you narrow it down until you find YOUR perfect sensitivity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information