Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Administrator

Downloads:Uploads: 0

FIA: The Driver Who Wins Most Races Will Be Champion

The FIA changed the Formula 1 rules today, less than two weeks before the season opener in Australia. The driver who wins the most races during this season will be the FIA F1 World Champion! If two (or more) drivers have as many wins, the driver with more points will win the championship.

Constructors championship will be decided only by the amount of points, just like before.

Original story:

FIA Meeting: Most race victories wins championship
    17 March 2009

The 2009 Formula One World Champion will be the man who wins most races, following rules changes imposed by governing body the FIA. The World Motorsport Council (WMSC) met at Paris headquarters to discuss the changes first suggested by commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone.

The Federation accepted the proposal from Formula One Management (FOM), and the driver who wins the most Grands Prix will now become champion, as opposed to the most points. However, as a variation to Ecclestone's idea, no medals will be awarded to drivers. Consistency will remain vital, as points will decide the title in the event of any number of drivers scoring the same amount of race wins.

The scoring system remains the same with 10 points for a win, 8 for second position, 6 for third and 5-4-3-2-1 down to eighth place; the number of points will still decide any position in the standings other than first. The Constructors' championship will remain the same, and will once again by decided by points only.

Contrary to popular belief, with the new race wins system in place, the FIA rejected FOTA's idea of changing the number of points scored for first, second and third to a 12-9-7 system.
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Lyrical Master

I heard this today yeah and I don't know yet whether I like it

The thing is, every year, at the beginning of the season many drivers win races because cars aren't ready yet. The idea was to favor the racers over the team but now the pressure is actually on the mechanics' shoulders. The pole position will be more important than ever, meaning you need the perfect car, and a breakdown during the race will have much more consequences.

I would have prefered either a 12/9/7 or a 12/8/6 system, and if they wanted to favor the winner they could have made a third ranking and given him a special medal as well as a cash prize.

I guess the incoming season will tell us if it was a wise choice, but I'm not really optimistic

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    I heard this today yeah and I don't know yet whether I like it

The thing is, every year, at the beginning of the season many drivers win races because cars aren't ready yet. The idea was to favor the racers over the team but now the pressure is actually on the mechanics' shoulders. The pole position will be more important than ever, meaning you need the perfect car, and a breakdown during the race will have much more consequences.

I would have prefered either a 12/9/7 or a 12/8/6 system, and if they wanted to favor the winner they could have made a third ranking and given him a special medal as well as a cash prize.

I guess the incoming season will tell us if it was a wise choice, but I'm not really optimistic
    Same. I don't like it much either... But time will tell.

At least now drivers want to win more, rather than "securing second place" (Massa style ).
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

|Limited Edition|

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 91

oh stif you silly cute little boy when will you learn to accept the facts?

fact 1 is that massa is the 2nd greatest f1 driver ever (only topped by m. schumacher of course ) you should admire greatness when you see it. but you are only a finn and support wannabees like kimi or mika so i cant blame you

fact 2 is that massa had won more races last year than anybody else. this proves your massa style theory completely wrong. if this rule had been introduced last season massa would have been the rightful and deserving f1 champion that he truly is

but i dont know why im saying all of this, you wont listen to me and disagree anyways. so keep on supporting the losers

btw this new rule sucks ass
    Phantom|Limited Edition|

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    oh stif you silly cute little boy when will you learn to accept the facts?

fact 1 is that massa is the 2nd greatest f1 driver ever (only topped by m. schumacher of course ) you should admire greatness when you see it. but you are only a finn and support wannabees like kimi or mika so i cant blame you

fact 2 is that massa had won more races last year than anybody else. this proves your massa style theory completely wrong. if this rule had been introduced last season massa would have been the rightful and deserving f1 champion that he truly is

but i dont know why im saying all of this, you wont listen to me and disagree anyways. so keep on supporting the losers

btw this new rule sucks ass
    Let's see what happens this year.

Btw, after every F1 team complained about this new rule, FIA seems to have postponed it for 2010! So this year's champonship will be decided by points after all. (Same system, 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1).
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

~ Al Iafrate

Elite Member

next year there will all drivers get points who will be at top 10

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FC Liverpool View Post
    next year there will all drivers get points who will be at top 10
    Yeah... I'm not sure if I like that.

Winner: 25 points