Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

View Poll Results: Air Acceleration

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 35.71%
  • No

18 64.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Downloads:Uploads: 0

sounds useless...just forget about that and work on fixing bux and making lag less

Tranix.

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    dre, i dont agree with you.. i want to see that what you explained first.. i think the forward force is always the same in a jump when you keep holding down the forward key. it decelerates when you release it. so it would be the same effect.

or am i totally not getting the point..?
    Are you sure? I could write a damn long post to point out all the mistakes you just said but I will ask you a question so you can try to find the answers alone

Then why is that ? :
    Yep. For example, in Hole go all the way up to the heart place and walk or jump off it. you wont be able to move in-air when youre falling down.

What you said there is not really true, why do you stop moving when you jump off that platform? Did you stop pressing the key? Hmm no, must be something else then

In case you didn't notice yes you just said two completely opposite things in a few hours

You can find answers here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatio...a_falling_body

Alligator Pit

damnit you dont understand my point (or i dont understand your point lol.)

i will try to put on air acceleration and then try what you said in fortress
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Elite Member

Maybe you meant just what I thought it was? No aceleration at all, just being able to move exactely like it is now even if the time spent on a platform exceeds the limit for allowing moving in the air when dropping down.

Nevermore

man it sucks.

i won't see mosquitos in the air.

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Maybe you meant just what I thought it was? No acceleration at all, just being able to move exactely like it is now even if the time spent on a platform exceeds the limit for allowing moving in the air when dropping down.
    Yeah maybe I misunderstood what you guys said because it's confusing. To me acceleration is a change of speed over time. That's why when you jump off a high platform you see a deceleration after a certain time, and when you jump on the ground you don't because you're not supposed to decelerate "yet", you touch the ground before the air slows you down and cancel the jump force.

So it's not air acceleration at all, if I understood it right, you just want to 'unlock' movements when you're falling. Is that it ?

Alligator Pit

Ill make a quick movie and put it on youtube... wait

Alligator Pit

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    unlock' movements when you're falling
    That's what I thought yes. I have often wondered if it's a glitch when not being able to move, but I guesse it's meant to be like that for some reason. You only have a few seconds then the movement will be gone on the way down.
    However another thing struck me.. when your running on the ground and jump just on the blouncer ledge and get that 'super jump', if unlocked, you'd be able to move while in the air too right?? That would cause bigger game changes.

Lyrical Master

yes man I understood what you wanted to fix, what I don't understand is why you call it air acceleration, there's no such thing. I first thought you wanted to remove air deceleration and that you just didn't know how to call it. But now I notice you just want to unlock movements. Instead of removing one force to the picture ( which would drastically change the gameplay as I explained ) you want to add constant translation velocities whenever the player press a directional key.

It's less of a catastrophe but you'll still be able to reach platforms you couldn't reach before...Try to release privately a dll to beta testers as soon as it's done so they can run around the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    However another thing struck me.. when your running on the ground and jump just on the blouncer ledge and get that 'super jump', if unlocked, you'd be able to move while in the air too right?? That would cause bigger game changes.
    Yeah I was about to explain the bouncer thing on my last post but I don't wanna sound boring. But he could edit all maps with bouncers so you can't super jump them anymore

Alligator Pit

cant we just block superjump in the code?

Campers-CS Clan

nice.

i vote yes.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    Yeah I was about to explain the bouncer thing on my last post but I don't wanna sound boring. But he could edit all maps with bouncers so you can't super jump them anymore
    Noooo... damn you guys

Don't delete super-jumps and don't add this "air acceleration" as you call it

Alligator Pit

why not add air acc.?

Nevermore

Something like "Please Fly" on Single Player?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information