Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

View Poll Results: Disable observers?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 31.48%
  • No

37 68.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    No no no think about it, no more referees in clan wars then

It's already possible come on.. net_iMaxObservers and/or net_strObserverPassword. Nobody but the server admin has to decide whether he wants observers in his own server. Please don't alter this

ps 1 : There's something I never understood though so I'm asking server admins, why is it that as a client you must type in net_strVIPPassword instead of net_strObserverPassword ??

ps 2 : Angelo, you already fixed the clients issue ? I noticed a CVar called net_iMaxClients, what is this?
    if i remember right net_strVIPPassword ( net_iVIPReserve = 1; ) gives you a hidden extra slot so even if the server is full you can observe the game

Administrator

Yes.

Observers are waste of server space.
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Greymuzzle

Downloads: 23  Uploads: 0

No.

Just add observer passwords instead.
    Αχ, μη με λες μικρό, κοίτα με μεγαλώνω, κοίτα με. Για να σε φτάσω εγώ, κοίτα πώς σκαρφαλώνω, κοίτα με. Να σ' αγαπώ μπορώ, κοίτα με πώς αντέχω, κοίτα με. Και μέσα μου αν δω, εσένα μόνο έχω, κοίτα με. Κοίτα με...

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

yes of course. they r totally useless in most cases. who votes no is just someone who likes to piss of people with saying hahah, rofl when observing. at least there should always be an observer password or better kicking observers if a place is needed for a real player and a special command for enabling chat for one observer only with the admin password and not that every observer can trash as usual. they also increase the ping so i vote yes.
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Greymuzzle

That is the problem with server management. That means the best way to fix it is yell at the server admin to fix it instead of call for a game patch to remove it completely.
    Αχ, μη με λες μικρό, κοίτα με μεγαλώνω, κοίτα με. Για να σε φτάσω εγώ, κοίτα πώς σκαρφαλώνω, κοίτα με. Να σ' αγαπώ μπορώ, κοίτα με πώς αντέχω, κοίτα με. Και μέσα μου αν δω, εσένα μόνο έχω, κοίτα με. Κοίτα με...

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
    That is the problem with server management. That means the best way to fix it is yell at the server admin to fix it instead of call for a game patch to remove it completely.
    it doesnt need to be removed completely,all that needs to be done have net_iMaxObservers = 0; in the game_startup.ini and dedicated_startup.ini,if an admin wants to enable it then he changes the line to net_iMaxObservers = 1; or whatever amount of observers he wants

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by villains huggy View Post
    even if it was disabled an admin could still enable it

i vote yes,less lag/less trash from whimps who dont have the balls to play/and would stop kids ruining the game by using sam as a chat room
    just removes observer talk action not player talk action.

Old :

New :

Greymuzzle

it doesnt need to be removed completely,all that needs to be done have net_iMaxObservers = 0; in the game_startup.ini and dedicated_startup.ini,if an admin wants to enable it then he changes the line to net_iMaxObservers = 1; or whatever amount of observers he wants
    Exactly.

Nocturnal

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    yes of course. they r totally useless in most cases. who votes no is just someone who likes to piss of people with saying hahah, rofl when observing. at least there should always be an observer password or better kicking observers if a place is needed for a real player and a special command for enabling chat for one observer only with the admin password and not that every observer can trash as usual. they also increase the ping so i vote yes.
    Not true.

Downloads: 28  Uploads: 3

ps 1 : There's something I never understood though so I'm asking server admins, why is it that as a client you must type in net_strVIPPassword instead of net_strObserverPassword ??
    VIP = hides player slots for VIP "admin" players, so if server if full, you can still join it with VIP password. net_iVIPReserve = 1; gives one vip slot as Huggy told.
    net_StrObserverpassword only add password for observers. It's needed if you do server in game and don't wanna observers.
    You can also join by writing /net_strConnectPassword="" if server has pass for obs/players...

Not quite sure that last part, that's how i recall it was

To answer the topic question: NO
    It should be servers decision like so far. I always have password in my servers, don't wanna asshole trashers there. Ppl can always ask if they want obs password from server. Just tell them to not trash, spam there or you change pass...
    Last edited by ~FG~; 12.05.2009 at 12:25.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

ok thats a good idea

@pyronox. ok not ALL lol
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

summary:

there are enough commands to disable observers so theres no reason to disable it completely

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Lyrical Master

if i remember right net_strVIPPassword ( net_iVIPReserve = 1; ) gives you a hidden extra slot so even if the server is full you can observe the game
    Quote Originally Posted by ~FG~ View Post
    VIP = hides player slots for VIP "admin" players, so if server if full, you can still join it with VIP password. net_iVIPReserve = 1; gives one vip slot as Huggy told.
    net_StrObserverpassword only add password for observers. It's needed if you do server in game and don't wanna observers.
    You can also join by writing /net_strConnectPassword="" if server has pass for obs/players...

Not quite sure that last part, that's how i recall it was
    Yeah guys I know about the VIP slots of course Sorry I wasn't clear

Let's say the server start-up script has these following lines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    net_strConnectpassword="join";
    net_strVIPPassword="vip";
    net_strObserverPassword="obs";
    net_iVIPReserve=1;
    net_iMaxObservers=2;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allright, now if a client types this in the console :

• /net_strVIPPassword="vip" ( or net_strConnectPassword="vip" like Jouni said ), he'll use the extra VIP slot

• /net_strVIPPassword="obs" ( or net_StrConnectPassword="obs" like Jouni said ), he'll use one of the two observer slots

• /net_strObserverPassword="obs", nothing happens

I think it's a mess as it is and should be fixed. Normal observers should type net_strObserverPassword="theobspass", admins and VIPs net_strVIPPassword="theVIPpass", and players should type net_strConnectPassword="thejoiningpass" . No more mixing between commands for clarity. I probably should have posted that in the suggestion thread but since we're talking about it...

Yeah guys I know about the VIP slots of course Sorry I wasn't clear

Let's say the server start-up script has these following lines

net_strConnectpassword="join";
    net_strVIPPassword="vip";
    net_strObserverPassword="obs";
    net_iVIPReserve=1;
    net_iMaxObservers=2;

Allright, now if a client types this in the console :

• /net_strVIPPassword="vip" ( or net_strConnectPassword="vip" like Jouni said ), he'll use the extra VIP slot

• /net_strVIPPassword="obs" ( or net_StrConnectPassword="obs" like Jouni said ), he'll use one of the two observer slots

• /net_strObserverPassword="obs", nothing happens

I think it's a mess as it is and should be fixed. Normal observers should type net_strObserverPassword="theobspass", admins and VIPs net_strVIPPassword="theVIPpass", and players should type net_strConnectPassword="thejoiningpass" . No more mixing between commands for clarity. I probably should have posted that in the suggestion thread but since we're talking about it...
    wtf your right,never noticed that before i just tested it and if type net_strconnectpassword"*****"; i can observe but the net_strobserverpassword does not work

Elite Member

I suggest to disable all mouthfull whiners/complainers
    Observers can make lags sometimes or server full.

Amco like playing cooperation
    Bassboxxxxxxxxxxx is sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Aim View Post
    kinda of...all this dick talk is making me hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre
    You put Luke and BS together in a dark room
    omg what would happen..
    the best player and best frag.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07u0...ayer_embedded#!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information