Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
About being superior.. There's always a lot of american tourists in Thailand. I have to say that they are always very forward, not shy and always take care of things in situations where other people just freeze or act "handicapped". They will also talk with anyone without hesitation or being nervouse. That's the good part.

But.. it really shines through many times that "hey I'm american I come from the greatest country in the world so you had better treat me accordingly".

It's like if there's a lot of people waiting for a shop to open, some guys think that since they are from America they are VIP and should be the first ones allowed in. Hell they should be allowed in even before it has opened.

Everyone aren't the same. But I have noticed it, just like i have noticed americans that are not like that. But I never noticed anyone else not from America with the attitude that being from their country makes them bigger or better.

Guys from other countries can be like that too, but then it's not coz they are from a specific country, it's just their shitty attitude.

I can imagine that, believe me.. I've always had that kind of image of Americans

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
dre and anis are the only ones speaking english very well here, compared to the other frenchs = best example
Don't remember when Dre came here but if I remember correctly Anis' English wasn't so good when he first came to SS but he improved very fast.