Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lyrical Master

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Gods H@nd View Post
    monsters

i dont know if with my keyboard its possible maybe i must setup the car
    Well I've seen myself some of the best french trackmania players ( and you know frenchs are good in trackmania ) when I was attending CSS lan events and I'd say 50% were using keyboards, 40% were using controllers with analog sticks and triggers, like the xbox 360 or this one https://www.gamegear.be/images/thrustmaster_gamepad.jpg and 10% were using steering wheels.

Theorically a steering wheel is the best possible controller but very few people know how to configure it

Press Escape in game and set up sensitivity and deadzones. If you don't know what it means I can explain.

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

mmm yes i was in option and there are 3 sensitivity deadzones and another but work for keyboard too?

|Limited Edition|

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    Phantom's tapping a lot but I've seen him take curves smootlhy so he could be using an analog stick too..

Welcome back dude !!

Your last turn was perfect and I knew I couldn't be any faster there so I focused on the rest of the track, managed several time to be 0.20 faster but would always mess up the last damn turn..You can lose so much time if you slide there..

It was funny though because when I broke it I realised this single time I was slower on all the rest of the track except on this jump, I was so fucking lucky

But it means you can break it : 35"52

I really think now some time in the 35"40s is possible
    damn i knew it was possible to break my time because i was the whole time slower than you except for the last curve
    but one time i actually managed to be 0.27 faster than my own record if it wasnt for the last corner and me messing it up again
    so i know that 35:40 is possible but i didnt tell you this when i posted my time cuz i didnt want to encourage you to break it

btw i use keyboard too
    Phantom|Limited Edition|

Lyrical Master

mmm yes i was in option and there are 3 sensitivity deadzones and another but work for keyboard too?
    No it's only for joysticks and wheel, I would advise you to buy the Thrustmaster 2-in-1 Dual Trigger because it's not very expensive ( ~20€ ) or the Xbox 360 controller if you have money (~40€) both are top notch

There's always those xbox 360 controller chinese fakes on ebay for 9.99€ but I can't tell you whether they're good, never tested them

But as I said I've seen great players ( much much much better than me ) with keyboard.. so if you're used to it in other car games, stick to it.

That's just my opinion, I played with keyboard last year and I wasn't bad was I ? But I find a joystick much easier after some practice..

Also I've seen your replay and it's not your keyboard you should blame, you don't know the track very well.. That's why I obliged people to post their replays instead of links so you can learn from others watching them

What keys do you use to accelerate, brake and steer?

---------- Post added 03.08.2009 at 13:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    damn i knew it was possible to break my time because i was the whole time slower than you except for the last curve
    but one time i actually managed to be 0.27 faster than my own record if it wasnt for the last corner and me messing it up again
    so i know that 35:40 is possible but i didnt tell you this when i posted my time cuz i didnt want to encourage you to break it

btw i use keyboard too
    Yeah you know me well I see Well don't worry, I knew you were secretely practicing and I wasn't surprised when I saw your time

You're much better than me in those jumps.. I remember last year in that Angelo's track, you were always owning me in that huge jump..

Usually against angelo and the others not only don't I tell them that a better time is possible, but I also don't post my personal best so they don't practice too much on the track. Like I post 36"75 and Angelo needed like two hours to break it I'm sure, he was happy to post his 36"39 and then BAM 35"75, it's really discouraging for them

But this time it's different, I mean It's not like I can do 35"52 everytime I try so..

I know that if you break it hard this time (like 35"43) I won't be breaking it because that last turn is really pissing me off

What the hell was I thinking when I made it

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

No it's only for joysticks and wheel, I would advise you to buy the Thrustmaster 2-in-1 Dual Trigger because it's not very expensive ( ~20€ ) or the Xbox 360 controller if you have money (~40€) both are top notch

There's always those xbox 360 controller chinese fakes on ebay for 9.99€ but I can't tell you whether they're good, never tested them

But as I said I've seen great players ( much much much better than me ) with keyboard.. so if you're used to it in other car games, stick to it.

That's just my opinion, I played with keyboard last year and I wasn't bad was I ? But I find a joystick much easier after some practice..

Also I've seen your replay and it's not your keyboard you should blame, you don't know the track very well.. That's why I obliged people to post their replays instead of links so you can learn from others watching them

What keys do you use to accelerate, brake and steer?

---------- Post added 03.08.2009 at 13:40 ----------

Yeah you know me well I see Well don't worry, I knew you were secretely practicing and I wasn't surprised when I saw your time

You're much better than me in those jumps.. I remember last year in that Angelo's track, you were always owning me in that huge jump..

Usually against angelo and the others not only don't I tell them that a better time is possible, but I also don't post my personal best so they don't practice too much on the track. Like I post 36"75 and Angelo needed like two hours to break it I'm sure, he was happy to post his 36"39 and then BAM 35"75, it's really discouraging for them

But this time it's different, I mean It's not like I can do 35"52 everytime I try so..

I know that if you break it hard this time (like 35"43) I won't be breaking it because that last turn is really pissing me off

What the hell was I thinking when I made it

i just use the normal key directional on the right of keyboard dunno the name but i see that in the last curve u and phantom turn more easy

btw now im at 35.90

Lyrical Master

i just use the normal key directional on the right of keyboard dunno the name but i see that in the last curve u and phantom turn more easy

btw now im at 35.90
    The arrows. But you should really brake with another key, like space if it works (on some keyboards it doesn't) or any letter..

You need two hands to brake and accelerate because sometimes you need to push throttle and break at the same to power slide and keep taking turns. And you can't do this with arrows, it's way too hard

Well trust me it wasn't always the case, at first I was like "WHY THE FUCK CANT I TURN" in this last curve

yes arrows ah i dont know this. i just use accelerate and when i must decrease the speed i dont push so my lap is good

ps: no i tryed with brake but its hard the same fucking cheaters

Lyrical Master

yes arrows ah i dont know this. i just use accelerate and when i must decrease the speed i dont push so my lap is good

ps: no i tryed with brake but its hard the same fucking cheaters
    no no no I didn't mean you have to use it on this track.. I don't even brake on the last curve.. I just release gas for a split second!

But power slide can be very useful in many curves.. and you can't do power slide if you don't assign brake to another key because it's very difficult for me to press three arrows at the same time

And to power slide you need to press : left or right + accelerate + break at the same time

Here's an example :
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

is 0'24"50 on A1 is the best score that we can do ?
    Last edited by SeriousKillerNaruto; 03.08.2009 at 15:22.

Old :

New :

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousKillerNaruto View Post
    oh ok.

(Dr. Dre puis-je t'ajouter en ami sur trackmania? stp)
    C'est bon j'tai ajouté

Come on Angelo, fight with this guy, you should be able to do something

Alligator Pit

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousKillerNaruto View Post
    is 0'24"50 on A1 is the best score that we can do ?
    nope

but i hate this track and not gonna break it again

(not sure if this is the right one tho )
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Alligator Pit

The arrows. But you should really brake with another key, like space if it works (on some keyboards it doesn't) or any letter..

You need two hands to brake and accelerate because sometimes you need to push throttle and break at the same to power slide and keep taking turns. And you can't do this with arrows, it's way too hard

Well trust me it wasn't always the case, at first I was like "WHY THE FUCK CANT I TURN" in this last curve
    shift works for me
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    nope

but i hate this track and not gonna break it again

(not sure if this is the right one tho )
    wow 0'24"46

gg Angelo

Old :

New :

damn i got all the time 24:48 rofl

Lyrical Master

I got 24"23 but it's very noobish..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information