Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Administrator

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Rancid Swedish meat sold in Poland

Rancid Swedish meat sold in Poland

Published: Sept. 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM

STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Sept. 25 (UPI) -- Swedish stockpiles of Cold War-era canned meat sold for use in Poland's restaurants are in various stages of rancid decay, experts say.

The meat, which Sweden phased out by the end of the 1990s, was sold by the Swedish Board of Agriculture to a Swedish trading company on the condition it not be sold for food inside the European Union, The Local reported Friday. [quoteit]The meat, some as old as 27 years, was sold in Poland for use in restaurants.[/quoteit]

However, investigators told the newspaper Svenska Dagbladet the meat, some as old as 27 years, was sold in Poland for use in restaurants. Experts said the meat is only recommended for use up to 10 years after it was packaged.

Svenska Dagbladet reported it commissioned laboratory tests that found the cans meet EU regulations by being free of bacteria, but tests at the agricultural college in Warsaw, Poland, found the canned meat was turning rancid.

"When we opened the cans the freeze-dried meat (smelled) like fish. The fat in the cans had become rancid," said Maria Walczyka, head of a testing team. "By eating this meat, you run the risk of being poisoned."

---------- Post added 27.09.2009 at 00:57 ----------

If I ever go to Poland, I'll try to remember to avoid meat in restaurants.
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Elite Member

This post got me going a bit.. sry for the long reply here

That's what happens in our ruthless system where you have to compete and make profit in order to survive. Doesn't matter which country you're in or what's it about.. you will just never know.

It's only a few years since a big food chain in Sweden got caught as they took minced meat that's gone out of date, and simply re-tabbed it with a new date and put it back. And that's off course not typical for sweden, it happens everywhere in the world.

That's not even worth discussing, since it's just a silly microscopic fraction that ever reaches the public because of some person that have higher morals than others, risking his job/career to go public.

When a doctor finds something revolutionary that would help or cure people from something, pharmaceutical companies would destroy that doctor if it ment less profit selling drugs to those sick people.

Such incidents would off course never reach the news and if it did, that doc would be made out as a dangerous freak and we would all believe it and we would all want him behind bars.

We could have had electric cars with real super strong, and long lasting batteries many many years ago.. the problem is that oil companies bought all the patents for those types of batteries over a decade ago. Only to stop it, off course.

Mocarny dyniotrzep

no comment.. This is Polska.... Here People will make evrything for cash...

Mam w dupie czy ktoś mnie lubi czy nie lubi...
    Mam w dupie swoje myślę swoje mówię...

Elite Member

Yeah only in Poland people are so greedy.

Amco like playing cooperation
    Bassboxxxxxxxxxxx is sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Aim View Post
    kinda of...all this dick talk is making me hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre
    You put Luke and BS together in a dark room
    omg what would happen..
    the best player and best frag.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07u0...ayer_embedded#!

GODLIKE
    Afree with piter
    but i cant understand this people

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    This post got me going a bit.. sry for the long reply here

That's what happens in our ruthless system where you have to compete and make profit in order to survive. Doesn't matter which country you're in or what's it about.. you will just never know.

It's only a few years since a big food chain in Sweden got caught as they took minced meat that's gone out of date, and simply re-tabbed it with a new date and put it back. And that's off course not typical for sweden, it happens everywhere in the world.

That's not even worth discussing, since it's just a silly microscopic fraction that ever reaches the public because of some person that have higher morals than others, risking his job/career to go public.

When a doctor finds something revolutionary that would help or cure people from something, pharmaceutical companies would destroy that doctor if it ment less profit selling drugs to those sick people.

Such incidents would off course never reach the news and if it did, that doc would be made out as a dangerous freak and we would all believe it and we would all want him behind bars.

We could have had electric cars with real super strong, and long lasting batteries many many years ago.. the problem is that oil companies bought all the patents for those types of batteries over a decade ago. Only to stop it, off course.
    Damnit man, I was in a good mood when I came ere until I read this post.
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Thread Information