Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: gamer monitor

Lyrical Master

Downloads:Uploads: 0

LOL MS sure ok send the money on my paypal account, I'll send you the card.. or not

From what Huggy says Xfighter you might be able to play CSS in 1280*1024 which is the perfect resolution on a 19" monitor and still get 100 fps.

That samsung LCD is the most popular in CSS man, but it's very expensive.. If you have that amount of money to spend, I suggest buying a HD TV, that's what I did. I play with my cheap CRT @100Hz in 1600*1200 and I watch my movies/series on my 32" inch TV.

Gods, don't you like when people buy devices they know nothing about? I mean I'm always surprised to see that, especially in 2010..

i dont have css so dunno,but team fortress 2 runs between 80 - 100 fps at 1280x1024 so should run css fine

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShock View Post
    dre i buy your 9800GX2 for 50 euro
    it's a joke?

---------- Post added 01.02.2010 at 08:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    LOL MS sure ok send the money on my paypal account, I'll send you the card.. or not

From what Huggy says Xfighter you might be able to play CSS in 1280*1024 which is the perfect resolution on a 19" monitor and still get 100 fps.

That samsung LCD is the most popular in CSS man, but it's very expensive.. If you have that amount of money to spend, I suggest buying a HD TV, that's what I did. I play with my cheap CRT @100Hz in 1600*1200 and I watch my movies/series on my 32" inch TV.

Gods, don't you like when people buy devices they know nothing about? I mean I'm always surprised to see that, especially in 2010..
    people just see wow 80000gb of ram wow quad core (2.1mhz lol) wow athlon 6400+( 6400mhz!) and video card 2gb ram! i can play crysis on full setting while... and this pc just coz 800euro lol

but this is normal especially for who dont know pc hardware..i just say before to spend useless money and chance components after 1 months go to a forum and ask

Elite Member

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

i think dre makes joke because his card ( 9800GX2 ) can seel for min 120 Euro

i was buy my Asus 8800GTS 5 monts ago for 50 euro ( i know i make a good deal )

but the GX2 are fastre then the GTX 260 ( i think )

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

its similar coz dual gpu are not always working good..so sometimes is better sometimes no

Elite Member

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

but its better then single GPU

9800gx2 its simlar too gtx280 so yes

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

I am cleverer than before now but there is still something that I just don't understand. why does it even matter how much ms response time you have? even for 120 hz 8ms would be enough(8x125ms=1s). if I'm not mistaken a lower response time is good only for partial frames.
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

less ms do u have and u will see games with less artefacts especially in frenetic games like quake btw 8 is not bad i have 5 and i dont any have problems

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    I am cleverer than before now but there is still something that I just don't understand. why does it even matter how much ms response time you have? even for 120 hz 8ms would be enough(8x125ms=1s). if I'm not mistaken a lower response time is good only for partial frames.
    Why 125 ?

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    Why 125 ?
    Response time is the amount of time a pixel in an LCD monitor takes to go from black to white and back to black again(BWT or today GTG). it is made up of the rise and fall time. so it's the least time that you need to make 1 frame. with a response time of 8ms you should be able to view 125 frames per second because 8ms X 125 = 1s. so if you have a lower response time only partial frames can be drawn faster. that's why it reduces artifacts.
    for a 60hz lcd a response time of 16ms would be low enough to draw each frame and for a 120hz lcd 8ms are good enough. I think that the refresh rate is much more important than the response time.
    I'm not sure if everything I wrote is right, so correc me if I am wrong.

Lyrical Master

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    Response time is the amount of time a pixel in an LCD monitor takes to go from black to white and back to black again(BWT or today GTG). it is made up of the rise and fall time. so it's the least time that you need to make 1 frame. with a response time of 8ms you should be able to view 125 frames per second because 8ms X 125 = 1s. so if you have a lower response time only partial frames can be drawn faster. that's why it reduces artifacts.
    for a 60hz lcd a response time of 16ms would be low enough to draw each frame and for a 120hz lcd 8ms are good enough. I think that the refresh rate is much more important than the response time.
    I'm not sure if everything I wrote is right, so correc me if I am wrong.
    Yeah your calculation was confusing, you should have written :

"even for 120 hz 8ms would be enough(1/0.008s = 125hz)"

Anyway you're right and if you remember I told you a while ago that buying a 2ms lcd monitor isn't justified if you have a 5ms. In theory yes a 8ms lcd screen can render up to 125 frames per second but it's not gonna happen, first because the 8ms is probably the smallest response time and not an average which is only gonna get bigger over time, and second because of the interface bandwidth.

But at the moment having a 2ms lcd screen only makes sense if you play without vsync indeed (or if you're rich) and playing without vsync only makes sense if your lcd monitor is limited to 60/75hz at the resolution you wanna play with.

So the response time is what you get in theory, the refresh rate is what you get in fact. It's just a made up parameter and it'lll disappear once every LCD monitor is able to display at 100/120Hz.

Campers Clan

should I buy the viewsonic VX2268wm or the Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ ? in google are different opinions.

I bought now the 2233rz. I don't regret it. much faster than a normal 60hz lcd.
    Last edited by Aberration; 20.03.2010 at 22:13.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information