Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

quake live mouse sensitivity

I use the deathadder with 1800 dpi but have 3/11 in windows pointer speed which is equal to 450 dpi. the problem is that I can't try out low sense in quake live because it just ignores my windows pointer speed and gives me the speed of full 1800 dpi. this is perhaps because it's a direct input game and doesn't work with windows sens. however the lowest sens of 1 is too high for me. how can I set it even lower?
    I know I just could decrease my dpi but that's not a good idea with the deathadder that tracks best on 1800 dpi.
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Elite Member

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    I use the deathadder with 1800 dpi but have 3/11 in windows pointer speed which is equal to 450 dpi. the problem is that I can't try out low sense in quake live because it just ignores my windows pointer speed and gives me the speed of full 1800 dpi. this is perhaps because it's a direct input game and doesn't work with windows sens. however the lowest sens of 1 is too high for me. how can I set it even lower?
    I know I just could decrease my dpi but that's not a good idea with the deathadder that tracks best on 1800 dpi.
    Very strange, I never had this problem... try another browser and see if the problem remains

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Very strange, I never had this problem... try another browser and see if the problem remains
    I tried IE and FF. on both browsers I have 24,5cm/360° on quake sens 1, win sense 3/11 and 1800 dpi, which is a good mid sense but I wanna try low sense. on windows and other games I have a speed of 450 dpi(actually 400 cause of a mistake of razer) if I use 1800 dpi and set win pointer speed to 3/11. But in quake live it's no difference in game if I have win pointer speed on 3/11 or 6/11. I think this is because of direct input. so is there a way to change mouse input or to lower the sense below 1?

edit: now I tried out

alt+ctrl+^
    in_mouse -1 (wm_input)
    in_restart

and I have my low sense with quake sens 2

unfortunately it's possible that this causes negative acceleration so I would appreciate if you say me how to make a sense in quake live lower than 1. then I'd prefer the default direct input.

another question is, is it even clever to use low sense in quake live or should I use mid-high? are there pros who use low?
    Last edited by Aberration; 19.02.2010 at 23:02.

Elite Member

unfortunately it's possible that this causes negative acceleration so I would appreciate if you say me how to make a sense in quake live lower than 1. then I'd prefer the default direct input.
    I don't think that's possible, but I don't think it's necessary either

another question is, is it even clever to use low sense in quake live or should I use mid-high? are there pros who use low?
    Low-sens isn't so useful in Quake, because if you want to aim good on long distances, you just use the zoom button. Also, in close range combat, low-sens wouldn't be so great, it's necessary to make very quick movements and aim fast... So I would go for mid-sens, it's good in all aspects

I have no idea what the pros use, but you shouldn't care about that... just find the sens that you feel is the best, considering both close and mid-range combat

Campers Clan

I use now direct input again and mid sense and it's fine . But I have a few other questions.

-In Sam I use a hardcore keybinding setup with esdf as moving keys. Is this also a good idea in other games and Quake or do you switch most weapons with the mouse wheel?

-How can I increase the refresh rate in Quake Live to 120 hz?

-How can I use V-Sync in Quake Live to test my resfresh rate?

Elite Member

-In Sam I use a hardcore keybinding setup with esdf as moving keys. Is this also a good idea in other games and Quake or do you switch most weapons with the mouse wheel?
    In Quake, it's essential to have weapons binded on different buttons, a lot more important than in Sam

-How can I increase the refresh rate in Quake Live to 120 hz?

-How can I use V-Sync in Quake Live to test my resfresh rate?
    No idea

Campers Clan

so do u use wasd or esdf for walking?

Elite Member

so do u use wasd or esdf for walking?
    WASD ESDF isn't a bad choice but I prefer WASD, ESDF just doesn't feel good for me

Campers Clan

esdf rox, dunno why some people still use the mouse wheel

Elite Member

Downloads: 18  Uploads: 7

Always low as usual

Lyrical Master

I couldn't play with ESDF because even though my hands big, I'm sure I'd hit the windows flag way too often, and it's a disgrace since ESDF has the benefit of offering several extra close keys.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    I couldn't play with ESDF because even though my hands big, I'm sure I'd hit the windows flag way too often, and it's a disgrace since ESDF has the benefit of offering several extra close keys.
    yea I always use esdf beside in cs. should I use it also in cs and css?

btw on my logitech g15 I can disable the windows key while gaming with a special button without installing any drivers u should try that man

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    I don't think that's possible, but I don't think it's necessary either

Low-sens isn't so useful in Quake, because if you want to aim good on long distances, you just use the zoom button. Also, in close range combat, low-sens wouldn't be so great, it's necessary to make very quick movements and aim fast... So I would go for mid-sens, it's good in all aspects

I have no idea what the pros use, but you shouldn't care about that... just find the sens that you feel is the best, considering both close and mid-range combat
    I agree on low sense thing i mean ,Anyway Jack you play quake 3?

---------- Post added 05.04.2010 at 09:44 ----------

You must try to go in panel control/hardware/mouse/ and then change mouse options..

Thread Information