Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Devils Member

Downloads: 39  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by PyronoX View Post
    Want IP to the best HNS servers?

Or just some regular deathmatch servers?
    www.gametracker.rs, serbian gametracker, much hns servers and they r good
    Destiny 2 Freak

Nocturnal

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by DexoTroniC View Post
    www.gametracker.rs, serbian gametracker, much hns servers and they r good
    I've already got the best servers on favourites but I thanks anyway sir.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prosciutto View Post
    Oooh that kinda suxx coz I am using the smallest one, but still too big.. Well I guess I'll get used to it
    1440x900 is definitely not a CS resolution, I don't know about CSS but in 1.6 wide resolutions suck Wide resolutions delete vertical pixels when you compare to 4:3 or 5:4 (just like in Sam), and they f*ck up some things like the crosshair size

640x480 and 800x600 are the most used resolutions amongst "good" players in 1.6. In general, lower resolutions are better for rifles, and higher resolutions are better for AWP... 800x600 is a balanced resolution (and my favorite), but you should of course try out different resolutions and find your own personal favorite. It seems like you have a wide screen, which makes it hard to use these resolutions But on most monitors/GPUs, an option exists that makes it possible to use 4:3/5:4 resolutions in the correct aspect ratio. This will create black borders on the sides which might be annoying, but you will get the correct aspect ratio and you can play the game just as if you had a 4:3/5:4 screen

If you are a casual player, 1440x900 will do just fine though

Elite Member

Downloads: 18  Uploads: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    1440x900 is definitely not a CS resolution, I don't know about CSS but in 1.6 wide resolutions suck Wide resolutions delete vertical pixels when you compare to 4:3 or 5:4 (just like in Sam), and they f*ck up some things like the crosshair size

640x480 and 800x600 are the most used resolutions amongst "good" players in 1.6. In general, lower resolutions are better for rifles, and higher resolutions are better for AWP... 800x600 is a balanced resolution (and my favorite), but you should of course try out different resolutions and find your own personal favorite. It seems like you have a wide screen, which makes it hard to use these resolutions But on most monitors/GPUs, an option exists that makes it possible to use 4:3/5:4 resolutions in the correct aspect ratio. This will create black borders on the sides which might be annoying, but you will get the correct aspect ratio and you can play the game just as if you had a 4:3/5:4 screen

If you are a casual player, 1440x900 will do just fine though
    Well, how can I visualize the 800x600 resolution with the correct aspect ratio?
    Also I didn't get exactely what changes at these resolution and what's better..
    And damn, at that res the game is UGLY

Lyrical Master

He's telling you that all vertical pixels aren't displayed so you lose some FOV.

See for yourself :

4:3 Aspect Ratio (1280*960)

16:9 Aspect Ratio (1280*720)

See, you can see more roof on the 1280*960 shot.

In CS:S, the FOV is adjusted so it's the other way around, wide screeners see a little bit more on the sides.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS : This is the best tracker https://www.game-monitor.com/

It's not really a tracker, because server admins have to register their servers there, but if you don't have this link in your bookmarks, you're not a CS player, you're a noob.

Elite Member

Well I don't think the pixel I lose at 1440x900 are a big loss (they are less than the pixel I'd lose in 16:9) and on the other hand I gain more pixels on the sides... Is it so noobish?

Also I wanted to know how's CS 1.5..

Elite Member

Well I don't think the pixel I lose at 1440x900 are a big loss (they are less than the pixel I'd lose in 16:9) and on the other hand I gain more pixels on the sides... Is it so noobish?
    You don't gain anything man, you just lose vertical pixels. 1.6 is a very old game, it hasn't got native widescreen support

And yes it is noobish, but if you are just playing casually, it's no big deal

Also I wanted to know how's CS 1.5..
    Why do you want to know that? Anyway, it's similar to 1.6, but the difference between 1.5 and 1.6 is bigger than 1.4 and 1.5... 1.6 is kind of a refresh (and the first version on Steam), and it's definitely the better version in my opinion

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

wow i cant believe IVE SPOTTED THE 2ND useful thread here today, really this is impressive

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

but if css is hor+ then widescreens are better there
    16:9 goes pro
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Lyrical Master

Yeah but it's only a few pixels and unless you're too dumb to look around all the time, it shouldn't handicap you. Matter fact, it happened to me only once in +1000 scrims, that's how I found out, a teammate spotted someone I didn't in the left top corner (behind the outer-B rock in D2), I thought he had wallhack lol cuz I never miss anything. But if I compare this to all the times I SAW something the others didn't, it's ridiculous

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    Yeah but it's only a few pixels and unless you're too dumb to look around all the time, it shouldn't handicap you. Matter fact, it happened to me only once in +1000 scrims, that's how I found out, a teammate spotted someone I didn't in the left top corner (behind the outer-B rock in D2), I thought he had wallhack lol cuz I never miss anything. But if I compare this to all the times I SAW something the others didn't, it's ridiculous
    So u actually use widescreen?

Lyrical Master

So u actually use widescreen?
    lol no read again

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    lol no read again
    ups sorry.. So I should use 4:3 res.. but how to make it look at least decent? I hate that shitty res already

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Why do you want to know that?
    I'm curious, since on GameMonitor I see so many 1.5 servers, I was wondering if there are still players playing 1.5 or if 1.6 users can also join 1.5 servers...

Elite Member

Well, how can I visualize the 800x600 resolution with the correct aspect ratio?
    You have to do those changes in the nVidia/ATI control panel, I don't really know the option but look around and I'm sure that you will find something

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information