Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Elite Member

Downloads:Uploads: 0

The 10 best new weapon mods for Counter-Strike: Source.

Counter-Strike: Source has brilliant weapons, but somehow the huge Counter-Strike modding community has managed to make them even better. Modders have achieved great results by cutting out the polygons devoted to bits of arm you hardly ever see, and piling them into creating new high detail weapons complete with new sounds and custom animations. They’re also dead easy to install. Perhaps you’re tired of seeing the same old combat knife, fancy sticking a scope on your M4A1 or want to dual wield Berettas made of ice and fire. Read on for ten of the best.

First: How to do it ?

Before you install any mods, it’s worth keeping a backup of your ‘cstrike’ file, as not all servers support custom skins. With that done, all you need to do to get each of these mods working in your game of Counter-Strike: Source is download and unzip the mod file. Then open your Counter-Strike: Source directory, normally located at Steam/Steamapps/*your account name here*/counter-strike source/cstrike.. and drag the mod folders into this directory. If Windows asks whether you want to merge the files, click ‘yes’. Now, boot up the game. Voila. All those old weapons you’ve seen a thousand times before will be shiny and different. Here’s our top ten.

1. Nighthawk

As the default pistol, the USP is the one gun you’re going to see a lot. Spice it up a bit with these alternative models. The sleek Nighthawk will give you a highly detailed alternative with a realistic looking scope. The HK1911 0.45cal is another great replacement, with unique animations and unusual boxy silencer.

2. Dual M7s

This brilliant mod replaces the once-great P90 with a pair of M7 submachineguns, because two guns are better than one, that’s just a fact. If there’s one thing everyone knows about submachineguns, it’s that spinning them round and round like an idiot makes them fire better, that’s another fact. Brace yourself, this is probably the best reload animation ever.

[YT]sf1FY5yaQ2o[/YT]

3. Scorpion knife

I know what you’re thinking. “There isn’t enough Klingon weaponry in Counter-Strike Source.” You’re absolutely right. The Scorpion is exactly what you need if you want to replace the boring old knife with something more exotic. If that’s a bit too otherworldly for your taste, the M9 Probis III blade is a perfectly fine replacement for Valve’s original.

4. Auric Dragon Desert Eagle

The Auric Dragon reskin brings a touch of class to your tired old Deagle. The traditional silver texture is darker, and, here’s the good bit, there are golden dragons embedded into the grip. It looks like it’s come straight out of a John Woo film.

5. Magic bullet

This mod gets rid of the AWP sniper rifle entirely. Instead of replacing it with another gun it gives you telekenetic powers. A quick point of the index finger sends a floating bullet flying at your target. The reload animation makes you beckon, at which point the bullet you just fired flies back into your hand. Genius. You’ll find a video of the magic bullet in action here. :

https://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=7864a581.mp4

If adding magic powers to Counter-Strike seems a bit extreme, there are some other excellent alternative AWP models out there, most notably the mighty Barrett M82a1 (pictured).

6. Double Barrelled Shotgun

This mod replaces the XM1014 with a good old fashioned double barrelled shotgun The sturdy looking weapon comes with its own reloading animations. For a good modern alternative check out the mighty Striker.

7. Snark’s M4A1

This fantastic looking replacement for the M4A1 looks as though it’s come from a modern Call of Duty game. Who needs a gun with both scope and a laser sight, you ask? You do! Because it looks awesome.

8. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. G36

If you’ve braved S.T.A.L.K.E.R.’s terrifying wastelands, you’ll know how comforting it is to have a G36 at the ready. Thankfully it kills Terrorists as well as it does mutants, and it looks a lot better than the SG552 it replaces.

9. Vintorez

The Vintorez really does look as though it could shoot a pea from a mile away. That’s partly because it has the the biggest scope you’ve ever seen, but mostly because of the superb texturing work. This weapon replaces the SG1 sniper rifle.

10. Mark 23 .45 Auto Akimbo

Those Beretta Elites, they think they’re so great. Little do they know that the Mark 23 Auto Akimbo models, with their high resolution, high detail textures are superior them in almost every way. The underslung attachments make them look meaner than the standard Berettas, and it has custom animations provided by a man who calls himself Batman IV. For an unusual alternative, check out Ice’s Heaven and Hell Berettas, because firing a gun while it’s on fire earns you extra action hero points.

Source: Pcgamer.com

.:-'~'*-{-_FIGONA_-}-*'~'-:.====>Shoot3r

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot3r View Post

6. Double Barrelled Shotgun

GOD I must get it (i'm XM and AUG user)

the G36 looks really good too

where to get these skins?
    Last edited by Skyward; 22.01.2011 at 12:18.

Campers Clan

another question did you already install any weapon models? because it isn't working.. (from cstrike folder)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metaliman View Post
    GOD I must get it (i'm XM and AUG user)

the G36 looks really good too

where to get these skins?
    https://www.gamebanana.com/

another question did you already install any weapon models? because it isn't working.. (from cstrike folder)
    not yet, maybe tomorow, I write how to asap

Campers Clan

I checked gamebanana, i found only the shotgun

Elite Member

I checked gamebanana, i found only the shotgun
    which weapon do you want ?

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

the mp7 is a sick weapon, shoots through kevlar and sturdy as fuck ive already shot with it

those weaponmodels are well done btw

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot3r View Post
    which weapon do you want ?
    The G36

edit: I found it
    Last edited by Skyward; 23.01.2011 at 11:06.

Elite Member

The G36

edit: I found it
    ok write if u need

btw I use mp7, it rocks

Thread Information