Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    The Dude

Downloads:Uploads: 0

What is the actual ratio of "want" and "need" ?

What is it actually ...
    we want something and we need something...

ok lets separate some into just 2 categories...

1 - Want .... something that is not needed (preferred or desired)
    2 - Need ... something that is needed, required

So ordinary person has few needs that could be converted into average time spend achieving it.

1 - sleep (8 hours)
    2 - work (8 hours)
    3 - food (10min to 4 hours)
    This lefts us with about 5 average hours of free time ...

this time will include waking up procedures, coffee , getting to work and back ...waiting in line talking bs to the diver...waiting to get there , waiting to get back , waiting for green light .... everything....
    could come up to 3 hours...even 4.5....

as again average - will be 2 hours of free time for personal will ...
    in those 2 hours you actually do what you will ...
    that makes it 1/12th ... or 8.3 %

this is my calculus... and it takes average ...i guess normal european ...

whats your thought about it ?
    ....... Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

Elite Member

Remember Robinson Crusoe?

There's a reality show in sweden (maybe in your contry as well) which is called "Robinson". This is a tough challenge for the contestors. They get dumped on a desert Island with practically nothing. Some seasons they get equipment to make a fire some seasons not. In periods they are litteraly starving. Litteraly. They are usually in south asia so it's always pretty warm. But sometimes they are on a really sucky beach with mosquitos everywhere day and night and rain 9 days of 10 and no food other than they can find. Though many times they find nothing. 2-3 days with ZERO to eat isn't unusual.

Under these circuimstances you see the difference between "need" and "want". I find this extremely interesting. Sometimes the guy hosting the show throws them a present. 1kg of rice and a roasted pig. Or it could be a shower in fresh water and fresh clothes. It could be receiving letters or even phone calls from their loved ones.

Guys and girls in their teens, middle age and old people all in a mix are usually always crying real tears when they get these presents.

You get it? They cry when they are given something they need. When was the last time you or someone you know cried for getting what you/they need? If they would get presents like a 200 dollar shirt, or a $5000 dollar suit, or a new Rolex, I can guarante that they wouldn't cry for shit, and they would happily trade it for something they need.

For me this is sort of black and white that it doesn't matter how many nice things you can buy and posess, they will never make you happy. Never. As soon as you get something you want, you quickly want something else, and something else. Consume consume. The only hapiness you'll ever find is right there within yourself, and if you search for it you can find it, provided that your basic needs are fulfilled. But you will never find it as long as you consume to feel "happy".

The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Remember Robinson Crusoe?

There's a reality show in sweden (maybe in your contry as well) which is called "Robinson". This is a tough challenge for the contestors. They get dumped on a desert Island with practically nothing. Some seasons they get equipment to make a fire some seasons not. In periods they are litteraly starving. Litteraly. They are usually in south asia so it's always pretty warm. But sometimes they are on a really sucky beach with mosquitos everywhere day and night and rain 9 days of 10 and no food other than they can find. Though many times they find nothing. 2-3 days with ZERO to eat isn't unusual.

Under these circuimstances you see the difference between "need" and "want". I find this extremely interesting. Sometimes the guy hosting the show throws them a present. 1kg of rice and a roasted pig. Or it could be a shower in fresh water and fresh clothes. It could be receiving letters or even phone calls from their loved ones.

Guys and girls in their teens, middle age and old people all in a mix are usually always crying real tears when they get these presents.

You get it? They cry when they are given something they need. When was the last time you or someone you know cried for getting what you/they need? If they would get presents like a 200 dollar shirt, or a $5000 dollar suit, or a new Rolex, I can guarante that they wouldn't cry for shit, and they would happily trade it for something they need.

For me this is sort of black and white that it doesn't matter how many nice things you can buy and posess, they will never make you happy. Never. As soon as you get something you want, you quickly want something else, and something else. Consume consume. The only hapiness you'll ever find is right there within yourself, and if you search for it you can find it, provided that your basic needs are fulfilled. But you will never find it as long as you consume to feel "happy".
    wow...nice said

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

you need nothing. only if you WANT to live there are needs.
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Elite Member

Maybe not on topic but I couldn't help but thinking about this thread when I saw this video today.

A 29 year old girl who was born deaf, is hearing herself for the first time with some implant.

[YT]LsOo3jzkhYA[/YT]

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

ooooh this is soooo cuteeeey

i wanna fuck her.

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Elite Member

What does the nurse say at exactely 1 minute?? "Is your voice something bla bla bla" ??
    And yea, she's hot!

Lyrical Master

Pete, isn't that show an adaptation of the american show named "Survivor" ?

Cause if that's it, we have the same also.. two teams, red and blue, on an island with barely no food (only rice), they have to fish, make fire etc..

Btw, she says "does your voice sound pretty loud"

The Dude

are'nt you all just off course ?

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    there is a course?
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
    Pete, isn't that show an adaptation of the american show named "Survivor" ?

Cause if that's it, we have the same also.. two teams, red and blue, on an island with barely no food (only rice), they have to fish, make fire etc..

Btw, she says "does your voice sound pretty loud"
    Survival, yes that's the one! They used to get unlimmited rice in other seasons, but since a former world championship boxer took over the show, they are just lucky if they get a little rice now and then. Man they are starving for real. Days go by with only water, nothing else.

Thx for pointing out what she says

Quote Originally Posted by Ostap View Post
    Yes maybe a bit. But do you think anyone would ever react like that for getting something they want as opposed to something they need?

Thread Information