Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
    Alligator Pit

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Lightbulb Suggestions/Ideas

Post your suggestions/ideas in this thread.

Try branching into a new thread if there's a lot of discussion on a specific suggestion/idea.

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Fix first person sharp turning aim bug where the visible crosshair updates position every frame while the "real" one updates every tick making it always stay behind the visible one. And netcode

Alligator Pit

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Fix first person sharp turning aim bug where the visible crosshair updates position every frame while the "real" one updates every tick making it always stay behind the visible one. And netcode
    Can you explain this bug with a video or something? I don't really understand..

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Replace elevators by teleporters in hole to avoid camping, hide it under lava

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Advanced Membury

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Can you explain this bug with a video or something? I don't really understand..
    Sure, if you want to watch a 1FPS video Guess we'll have to wait for XF..
    But basically, you know how in third person there's a 50ms delay between the time you move your mouse and the time the crosshair moves on your screen? That's because the aiming system in Sam updates your crosshair's position every tick, and there's only 20 ticks per second.. In first person with sharp turning enabled, your aim feels 'sharp' because it updates your crosshair's position every frame, so if you get 60FPS it updates it 60 times per second instead of 20. However, that's just an "overlay" crosshair - in reality, while this crosshair you see updates 60 times/s, the game only sends 20 of those updates to the server. So if you move your aim really quickly and shoot - it will shoot where your crosshair was 50ms ago instead of where it is at the moment you shoot on your screen. I hope that clears it up.....
    Oh and if you wanna see for youself, go on your server and use first person with sharp turning (can be enabled in Player Options), then shoot mini at the ground and rotate your view. Then do the same in third person. Notice the difference?

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

ha yea it's the only reason why I don't use sharp turning. but you can't really fix it. only solution would be to increase the tickrate of the game. 20 ticks per seconds is a bit low but increasing would increase the ping too...

actually in ut and ut2004 the tickrate on many servers is 20, too but there this problem doesn't exist. I dunno how they solve this there. Ask some experts of ut or other fps maybe.
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Cannon Pwner

Downloads: 11  Uploads: 0

I have 2 little suggestions and one big:
    1. Fix this "XXX was squashed" and "XXX blew himself away" bug. I do not know why, version 1.05 did not have this problem. but 1.07 does. Sometimes when you use a rocket or grenade launcher while someone is aiming on you, you got squashed instead of killed.
    2. Add "super speed" powerup to 2 or 3 maps - it would be funny
    3. PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW ADMINS OF SERVERS TO CHANGE SOMETHING RADICALLY IN THE GAMEPLAY, like dropping pups or weapons. I am tired of these "super pro servers" where you can play only with a shotgun or something. TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS: MORE PUPS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT -> MORE ATTRACTION TO THE NEWBIES -> MORE PLAYERS. Stop listening to these f*g "PROS" they are only crying because they got "killed by a n00b with a cannon and SD when they had 30-0 score". You should optimise the game to the newbies, not pro-players!
    The best way is to create official servers.

tnx for attention.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Alligator Pit

Sure, if you want to watch a 1FPS video Guess we'll have to wait for XF..
    But basically, you know how in third person there's a 50ms delay between the time you move your mouse and the time the crosshair moves on your screen? That's because the aiming system in Sam updates your crosshair's position every tick, and there's only 20 ticks per second.. In first person with sharp turning enabled, your aim feels 'sharp' because it updates your crosshair's position every frame, so if you get 60FPS it updates it 60 times per second instead of 20. However, that's just an "overlay" crosshair - in reality, while this crosshair you see updates 60 times/s, the game only sends 20 of those updates to the server. So if you move your aim really quickly and shoot - it will shoot where your crosshair was 50ms ago instead of where it is at the moment you shoot on your screen. I hope that clears it up.....
    Oh and if you wanna see for youself, go on your server and use first person with sharp turning (can be enabled in Player Options), then shoot mini at the ground and rotate your view. Then do the same in third person. Notice the difference?
    Ah, really nice description, thanks!

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

There will be more servers, not only fun-fun. So you can chose where to join "pro" or "noob" servers

Cannon Pwner

Downloads: 11  Uploads: 0

And another one which is global.
    If you are going to publish the game on Steam why not to cut single player mode from the game at all? With all these co-op maps. The result will be simple: lighter filesize, more DM-players (I believe many people won't even try DM if there will be single player).

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Ah, really nice description, thanks!
    Yes but how to solve it? increasing the tickrate isn't a good idea imo. in ut there is also a tickrate of 20 ticks/sec and this problem doesn't exist there. Try to find out how they solve this problem there.
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

SGI Clan

Downloads: 48  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by nikzh View Post
    You should optimise the game to the newbies, not pro-players!
    it should be optimized for both groups of players

.:+*]|[SGI]|[*+:. freigeist

Advanced Membury

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    ha yea it's the only reason why I don't use sharp turning. but you can't really fix it. only solution would be to increase the tickrate of the game. 20 ticks per seconds is a bit low but increasing would increase the ping too...

actually in ut and ut2004 the tickrate on many servers is 20, too but there this problem doesn't exist. I dunno how they solve this there. Ask some experts of ut or other fps maybe.
    Yep, that's what I was wondering about. You can set a different tickrate in server config in UT but the default is 20, yet that bug doesn't exist there. Hmm, actually after like 5 mins of pondering, I think I have an explanation I heard that the reason most servers have the default tickrate of 20 instead of making it higher is because then minigun and pulse gun become super overpowered. What this means is that those 2 weapons update the enemy's damage every tick and no more, so if you turn up tickrate to 30 - enemy can take max 30 damage points/s, but with 20 tickrate, obviously, they can only get 20 damage points. So I don't even get why this bug is in Sam, wouldn't it be fixed if you made each weapon wait until the next tick to fire? If you shoot, and the game waits for the next tick to actually fire, then the aim and fire event would be activated on the same tick... Right? Or am I missing something here? Dunno LOL but this shiz is interesting

EDIT: Oh, I also got another Suggestion. UNLOCK FOV IN MULTIPLAYER, DAMMIT! LOL so annoying.. I don't get why they locked it. There should be a limit - so you can't have "zoom" with all weapons by making the FOV super small, but 115 should be allowed..

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

I'd like to say once again: disable multishadows please. Angelo, I'd like to see the poll about this ..
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    I'd like to say once again: disable multishadows please. Angelo, I'd like to see the poll about this ..
    I agree, I don't think poll is even needed..

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information