Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Quote Originally Posted by BoyZyatoR View Post
    I agree, I don't think poll is even needed..
    Haha you are completely right
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Cannon Pwner

Downloads: 11  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    I'd like to say once again: disable multishadows please. Angelo, I'd like to see the poll about this ..

Why?
    I have a full-HD display which is 16'' and it's quiet hard to see the dull kleer-skeletons w/o multishadows or lightbulbs
    May be it's ok on 25'' widescreens, but believe me it's not on retina-like displays.
    If your position is about to determine shadows as a cheat, I totally disagree with you. From this point of view /plr_bOnlySam=1 is also a cheat.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

If you're gonna disable shadows, disable 3rd person too. And not just make an option for the server to have it enabled/disabled, but completely remove it

Cannon Pwner

Quote Originally Posted by CLICK View Post
    Epic bug. Half wallhack half antiinvisibility.
    OMG who cares. This is not the reason to disable multishadows, this is the reason to fix the bug relating to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    disable 3rd person too
    I beg a pardon? Are you suggesting to remove the key feature of the game?

NO MORE SIGNATURES

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

ok here is suggestion for shadows, if people are in favour to keep them, let them have those shadows. but fix them, i mean you know the way on st/lt its visible through the wall. make this shadows be like human shadows so when shadow is agaisnt the wall make sure its not going through the wall but it stays on the wall

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by nikzh View Post
    You should optimise the game to the newbies, not pro-players!
    A game without potential will attract noobs maybe but any skilled player will leave soon. Can you tell me why games like cs, quake, ut have much more players then our noobgame sam? everything you critisize about this patch is realized there already. Don't tell such a bullshit, please .

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that's what I was wondering about. You can set a different tickrate in server config in UT but the default is 20, yet that bug doesn't exist there. Hmm, actually after like 5 mins of pondering, I think I have an explanation I heard that the reason most servers have the default tickrate of 20 instead of making it higher is because then minigun and pulse gun become super overpowered. What this means is that those 2 weapons update the enemy's damage every tick and no more, so if you turn up tickrate to 30 - enemy can take max 30 damage points/s, but with 20 tickrate, obviously, they can only get 20 damage points. So I don't even get why this bug is in Sam, wouldn't it be fixed if you made each weapon wait until the next tick to fire? If you shoot, and the game waits for the next tick to actually fire, then the aim and fire event would be activated on the same tick... Right? Or am I missing something here? Dunno LOL but this shiz is interesting

EDIT: Oh, I also got another Suggestion. UNLOCK FOV IN MULTIPLAYER, DAMMIT! LOL so annoying.. I don't get why they locked it. There should be a limit - so you can't have "zoom" with all weapons by making the FOV super small, but 115 should be allowed..
    I dunno, if that's true. the game waits for the next tick to shoot anyway but you don't shoot where you see your crosshair if using sharp turning.

about fov, yes it should be unlocked but with limits, as you said. with a higher fov we finally can profit from widescreens! This is a very important change. with fov 90 u can't use a widescreen or Sam will look like a fat potatoe.

edit: now that I rethink it, perhaps u r right. u r confusing me lol. now I don't even understand why this bug exists.

one interesting thing is: I have a feeling that shots are transmitted faster on sharp turning indeed. when I played with first person and sharp turning on I could easily hit someone in skulls%bones standing on the area above the jumper. when I first see him jump up to me I just press fire right where I see him first and always hit.
    without sharp turning on the other hand, I have to aim high in the air where the player will fly in a few milliseconds because otherwise I will shoot to late and miss him.
    I'm not 100% sure if that's placebo, though, since I cannot explain this to myself.
    Last edited by Aberration; 25.11.2012 at 21:16.
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Cannon Pwner

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    A game without potential will attract noobs maybe but any skilled player will leave soon
    Blah-blah-blah
    From the financial point of view nobody cares about 5 (or 10?) pro-players from campers clan (sorry, but it is true).
    And I am not talking about "please replace shotgun with sd", I am talking about servers' admins should not be able to change something in the gameplay for making easier for pros to get '100-0' score while playing with noobs. A noob must have an ability to get this SD or something and finally blow up this pro so his score won't be 100-0 it will be at least 80-20.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Blah-blah-blah
    From the financial point of view nobody cares about 5 (or 10?) pro-players from campers clan (sorry, but it is true).
    And I am not talking about "please replace shotgun with sd", I am talking about servers' admins should not be able to change something in the gameplay for making easier for pros to get '100-0' score while playing with noobs. A noob must have an ability to get this SD or something and finally blow up this pro so his score won't be 100-0 it will be at least 80-20.
    But then some tard comes in who gets invis just to wait until SD respawns, then miniguns your ass to dust, SD runs out and he gets invis again to wait for SD etc..

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

OMG who cares. This is not the reason to disable multishadows, this is the reason to fix the bug relating to them.
    I do care. If you dont care, why you post such a comments? If they can't be fixed, they will be removed with this reason. And the reason is enough strong to cover their removing.

Campers Clan

If shadows r a cheat then third person is an even bigger cheat. Shadows are only useful on places where you can camp with third person btw. So it's a perfect anti hack for first person players.

What a shit will it be if I cannot see a third person player camp behind the corner but he can see me perfectly? Is this fairness? What's the difference to wh at this place?
    With shadows I can see him camp there at least and we have equal chances.

Cannon Pwner

But then some tard comes in who gets invis just to wait until SD respawns, then miniguns your ass to dust, SD runs out and he gets invis again to wait for SD etc..
    Again: blah-blah-blah from a pro (I guess).
    Firstly, when there are many newbies on the server it is a "who will get the pup first?" mini-game lol. The same player hardly can take the pup twice in a row if there are many noobs.
    Secondly, if you consider yourself as a pro just develop your skill so those "tards" won't be a problem for you anymore. This is all about your skill. If you fell like you can't beat a noob with sd so you should develop your skill instead of writing this.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Campers Clan

Blah-blah-blah
    Just look at other fps, man. There must be a chance for noobs, yes. But gameplay must also be balanced. This is why there always are pups and super weapons (even a noob can pwn with'em) but they are usually hard to get and when u have them u r a target for others, too because they wanna steal your pup (it remains after u got fragged). This is how it should be!

I'm not against cannons or pups but they have to be balanced out like in other fps! There must be a solution for both, pros and noobs. and it's there already:

dropping pups after death

Cannon Pwner

Quote Originally Posted by CLICK View Post
    I do care. If you dont care, why you post such a comments? If they can't be fixed, they will be removed with this reason. And the reason is enough strong to cover their removing.
    As I said they should fix the bug instead of removing the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    Shadows are only useful on places where you can camp with third person btw
    I am sorry - are you playing only on the little trouble?
    Shadows are useful on big maps such as red station and compound so you can see a player who is far away from you.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information