Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    If shadows r a cheat then third person is an even bigger cheat. Shadows are only useful on places where you can camp with third person btw. So it's a perfect anti hack for first person players.

What a shit will it be if I cannot see a third person player camp behind the corner but he can see me perfectly? Is this fairness? What's the difference to wh at this place?
    With shadows I can see him camp there at least and we have equal chances.
    Anyway, isnt that bug look dumb enough to be fixed/removed?

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by nikzh View Post
    As I said they should fix the bug instead of removing the feature.

I am sorry - are you playing only on the little trouble?
    Shadows are useful on big maps such as red station and compound so you can see a player who is far away from you.
    Agree. Still not a cheat beside you want players to be invisible on distance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CLICK View Post
    Anyway, doesent that bug look dumb enough to be fixed/removed?
    Shadows r like wh, yes but third person is, too! Both is rly dumb if you wanna play competitive, professional.

The thing is that they both balance out each other. You see me behind the corner but I see you, too(your shadow). So we both use wh and it's ok again xd.
    Without shadows first person players are in a big advantage, since they cannot see camping players anymore but they can see them!
    The thing is quite clear to me. In a competitive arena fps both things have no place.

So, do u want sam to be more professional and balanced or to stay a funny noobgame with characteristical bugs and flaws?
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

If we would remove 3rd person it would make many players leave, it's too big part of the game. Shadows however make you see a player behind a wall, like demonstrated, I'm sure we wont have this WH-Shadow in SamRev.

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

Devils Clan

Shadows r like wh, yes but third person is, too! Both is rly dumb if you wanna play competitive, professional.
    I agree, but you can't compare them just like that... bugs should be fixed or removed, and 3rd person is not kind of bug.

Cannon Pwner

Downloads: 11  Uploads: 0

I'm not against cannons or pups but they have to be balanced out like in other fps! There must be a solution for both, pros and noobs.
    I am more than agree with you.
    But there are two problems if you suggest that admins can enable/disable the pups:
    1. Most of admins are pros, so we will have more pro servers than "noobs" servers. This is a huge problem, because some admins even ban players for beating them, etc. I believe that admins' rights should be as minimized as possible.
    2. If there will be "pro" and "noob" servers, the pros will visit only "pro" servers while noobs will visit both types. So, again, from the noob's point of view it will be too hard to play on pro-server without pups AND it will be too boring to play on noob-server because there won't be any experienced players.

The solution:
    A. a dozen of official supported "noobs"-servers
    B. you can disable weapons/pups/etc, but only on PRIVATE servers (like pwd-protected) so a real newbie just couldn't connect to it while pro-players may play any way they want.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Devils Clan

I am more than agree with you.
    But there are two problems if you suggest that admins can enable/disable the pups:
    1. Most of admins are pros, so we will have more pro servers than "noobs" servers. This is a huge problem, because some admins even ban players for beating them, etc. I believe that admins' rights should be as minimized as possible.
    2. If there will be "pro" and "noob" servers, the pros will visit only "pro" servers while noobs will visit both types. So, again, from the noob's point of view it will be too hard to play on pro-server without pups AND it will be too boring to play on noob-server because there won't be any experienced players.

The solution:
    A. a dozen of official supported "noobs"-servers
    B. you can disable weapons/pups/etc, but only on PRIVATE servers (like pwd-protected) so a real newbie just couldn't connect to it while pro-players may play any way they want.
    Do you ever saw A'dam server list? There are more than 50% nonestrict servers with diferent maps + cannon, pups etc... it will be same.

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Comparing shadows to 3rd person is completely uncorrect;
    If there would not have existed 3rd person view, I would not pay any fucking cent for this.
    Last time (first round of 1v1 Sniper Tourney) I've played with 1st person only, but 3rd person must stay, because yeah, most of players would leave.

About the shadows: though almost everyone uses it nowadays (me too), a lot of them consider it as a cheat.
    So, I'm saying again: don't even compare shadows to 3rd person. Shadows must be removed ... Seems like we gotta have a poll about that, yeah.

And if someone is not used to use 3rd person view .. Not our fault.
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Cannon Pwner

So, do u want sam to be more professional and balanced or to stay a funny noobgame with characteristical bugs and flaws?
    Could I rephrase your question? It shoud sound like this: So, do u want NEW SAM REV to be more professional and balanced WITH 2-3 PLAYERS ONLINE or to BECOME a funny noobgame with characteristical bugs and flaws WITH 100-200 PLAYERS ONLINE?

p.s. guys, nothing personal, I just see that samrev could become a real hit, but the sad story is that all these changes you suggesting will ruin the gameplay.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

The thing is that they both balance out each other. You see me behind the corner but I see you, too(your shadow). So we both use wh and it's ok again xd.
    Without shadows first person players are in a big advantage, since they cannot see camping players anymore but they can see them!
    The thing is quite clear to me. In a competitive arena fps both things have no place.
    Agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    And if someone is not used to use 3rd person view .. Not our fault.
    If you don't wanna use buggy shadows, not our fault either

Quote Originally Posted by nikzh
    100-200 PLAYERS ONLINE
    Not gonna happen if this is on Steam, people have no way to pirate it then

Cannon Pwner

Do you ever saw A'dam server list? There are more than 50% nonestrict servers with diferent maps + cannon, pups etc... it will be same.
    Yes, I have seen them.
    For example, the most popular server - NONESTRICT FORTRESS is missing a cannon. But that's not the point. If you played on any nonestrict server for at least an hour you probably have seen that all those "pros" from campers/devils/etc playing like this: 1. connect to the server, 2. make 5-6 frags, 3. got killed by a noob and 4. leave immediately after that! That's the biggest problem.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Devils Clan

Yes, I have seen them.
    For example, the most popular server - NONESTRICT FORTRESS is missing a cannon. But that's not the point. If you played on any nonestrict server for at least an hour you probably have seen that all those "pros" from campers/devils/etc playing like this: 1. connect to the server, 2. make 5-6 frags, 3. got killed by a noob and 4. leave immediately after that! That's the biggest problem.
    They can have own choise, you can leave "pro" servers same as they leave "noob" servers i dont see the problem? You just can't force players to play noob servers only coz you are player who like to use powerups and cannon. It's not enough strong reason to forbid mutators on server side.

Cannon Pwner

They can have own choise, you can leave "pro" servers same as they leave "noob" servers i dont see the problem? You just can't force players to play noob servers only coz you are player who like to use powerups and cannon. It's not enough strong reason to forbid mutators on server side.
    Blah-blah-blah.
    The only reason you are against noob-servers is that you do not like being owned by a noob with a cannon or sd.
    In other words, you just want to eliminate stronger rivals with powerups instead of developing your skills.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Devils Clan

Blah-blah-blah.
    The only reason you are against noob-servers is that you do not like being owned by a noob with a cannon or sd.
    In other words, you just want to eliminate stronger rivals with powerups instead of developing your skills.
    Blah-blah-blah, not enough serious post to consider it as adequate to thread - ignored at all.
    And i am not against noob servers, but only noobs servers everywhere - yep i am against.

Cannon Pwner

Blah-blah-blah, not enough serious post to consider it as adequate to thread - ignored at all.
    And i am not against noob servers, but only noobs servers everywhere - yep i am against.
    Well, may be it is not as serious as Sam, but it precisely describes why some of the pros want to get rid of pups so much.

The simpliest way to solve this problem is to remove SD from the Little Trouble so pro-players could play on it. This map will be classified as a "pro"-map.
    In other words, there should be 1-2 built-in maps (LT/TLT) without pups/cannon/etc and the rest of maps should stay as they are. Admins should not have an ability to change something in existing maps. Wanna super-pro-map for a clanwar? Make a new one! That's it.

NO MORE SIGNATURES

Devils Clan

50/50 or not at all, end of story.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information