Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Bellatores

Downloads: 25  Uploads: 0

The Government history

History
    “Nothing in this world happens without a reason. That we are all exactly where we are supposed to be, and that the pieces of the puzzle have a tendency to come together when you least expect it.” – Jane Green

When writing something, I like to use quotes. It’s better to copy something what has been said into perfection than to make up something yourself. Nevertheless this history is mainly based on my own experiences and that is why the first quote will also be the last stolen thing. For some it might be interesting to read how \\The Government\\ came to exist. For the others who don’t care about it at all, I advise you to stop reading.

My own online gaming history starts with Serious Sam Gold probably around 2002 or 2003. I liked playing it, it was a nice shooter and the first shooter I ever started playing online. But playing online was weird and impossible. My brother got the game from someone else and I just played what was in the Disk Drive. I had played “we’ve got skulls and bones too” and people ran at me while being upside down. Then my brother changed the CD to “the first encounter” and at once I could not run on the ceiling no more. I was young and foolish and didn’t even know the differences between the versions of the game I was playing, let alone what map.

First Encounter CD was in there a while and I played Coop more and more. There were some players that where nice to me and started talking. After some days someone told me how to write back. This was a big mistake. I’ve been asking questions and verbally driving people insane ever since. The first player that I was talking to was Shady, Master of Chaos. Together with a friend of his, my brother, Shady himself and me we started a clan. This clan was called Foemeltjes Clan and I can’t imagine how stupid we must have been for the more professional clans at that time. We had no skills and no experience in the game whatsoever. But we enjoyed it. We even got better and better in the game and the clan grew a bit. The name was changed to Underground Army, kinda cool isn’t it.
    Then the Second Encounter CD was taken again and with some skills developed in FE me and my brother where now able to get some kills. There were even players worst then we were. So we decided to start a clan there. Toxic Waste it was called, nice green – white tag. We asked whoever wanted to join. No skills, no organization you could hardly call it a clan.

After this the changes of FE and SE came faster. Toxic Waste went to FE and we also got some members there, but we got too good. We both joined a clan with a forum, how amazing. [ssVIP] was in that time a very good and respected clan in FE, but not the best. -CF- was better and over time they stayed more active. Deer old brother and I both wanted to join and I really tried hard. Then at once my brother got accepted and I didn’t. I was angry and tried to get more activity and new members in [ssVIP] to fight against the -CF-‘s. This was useless, the leader wouldn’t cooperate. Around this time I had also joined Vikinghood and later Figona in SE and learned to know the Figona forums and players and the forums on gamemecca. But for the creation of \\The Government\\ that’s less important. Since I could not get members to join, I got a group of players to create their own clan. //M/C/P// has been a great clan and it’s sad that I left. I wanted to do more than just a random clan with some nice members. I wanted to be in the best clan ever. So I asked some of the best players to join my new clan: The Ultimate Elites. This never worked out, since me and Bastukee (the other leader) decided not to play for a long time. When I came back to FE I restarted the Ultimate Elites clan, but named it 42 A’dam Elites after the server. If you have watched the stats page you will have seen that we indeed were Elite players and Strakos still is an amazingly skilled guy. Due to my inactivity in FE I left, there was no communication and without communication a clan does not feel like a home.

In this period Figona was kinda dead and some random guy named Observer Mastaa asked me to help rebirth The Saints in SE. That was nice and I accepted. The Saints died and I joined Devils. I decided I didn’t like Devils and left with the thought that I would never join another clan again. But OM and QuietStorm would not accept a “no” and so it was that I had to join CPX. There was nothing wrong with CPX, but nothing made them unique and basically the reason why I left Devils is that I didn’t really value one clan over another. All clans have the same idea and I was tired of that. All clans have some amazing guys and some rotten tomatoes. It was always difficult for me to leave a clan. But you can re-read the quote if you like.

So what I had learned in all those years of gaming was that there are maps where you can walk on the ceiling, but that it’s impossible in most others. I had learned that a clan based on friendship is much more important than the skills acquired. I had learned that communication was the key of keeping a clan active. I value good leadership with active leaders and good membership with active members. It can always happen that someone doesn’t have time for a while, but this “for a while” has proven to be “forever”. You never know if someone will return or not and how they have changed. I don’t like that in a clan.

Since I have no clan at this point, I decided to just start one that has all the things I value. Respect comes on first place. I have made some horrible mistakes in my past but I’ve been forgiven by most players. There is nothing wrong with a punishment, but the punishment systems running on forums and in game should be enough. You can always notify someone when behavior is bad, but that can be done in a respectful way. So the key value of \\The Government\\ is Respect.

Now that there is a key value, there need to be a set of rules to make sure the other things I look for in a clan are represented. Communication; activity in game, on forums and on skype are a must. If you know that you can’t be active on either one then notify the commission about this. If you stay inactive too long, you will have to rejoin. (This count for all, so even the leaders will have to rejoin. With a nice system leadership will always be taken care of by active people). Skills are not important. Players that want to join the clan because they value the same things I do are more than welcome to ask.

And the final part; Pride. Being in \\The Government\\ is not because you are skilled, but because you want to show respect. You shall wear the tag at all times and follow the rules at all times. You shall represent the clan with pride. If you fail to be proud of the clan, then don’t join in the first place.

When Pride, Respect and Good communication join together a friendship might be build. This ultimate goal of having a group of friends with the same values is what \\The Government\\ tries to achieve. To ensure that this will happen we do not set our focus on growth. You never go out and try to increase your number of friends, that’s something teenagers do on facebook. \\The Government\\ is only for those who just get my idea and fully agree with it. This means I can be lonely for a long time, but strange things might happen. Time will tell…..
    Evolta – The President – 27-11-2013

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to write a little history so others might read it and understand how The Government came to exist. It is not an official clan (based on the fact that it would need members), but I thought it was most suited to post it here anyways

The First Encounter

The Second Encounter

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

Elite Member

Downloads: 42  Uploads: 0

you've got too much freetime

Bellatores

Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    you've got too much freetime
    Not at all, writing a short story doesn't take much time. Just sit down and start typing.

The First Encounter

The Second Encounter

Member™

Downloads: 39  Uploads: 0

Great one Evo.

That's the best: " I had learned that a clan based on friendship is much more important than the skills acquired. "

"Some random guy"...

I like your way of thinking but I don't like the name of the clan...

You still own my friend.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 5

mudafaka what a post

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Nice Try
    I Will Kill U .Don't Panic
    Kasparov

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

1 member lel

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Bellatores

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    1 member lel
    It's better to be alone in Utopia then to be with hundreds in Hell.
    I would not even care if I stayed solo for the rest of my time in sam.

But if others join me that share my values then that would also be nice.

The First Encounter

The Second Encounter

VPN Elite

And why didnt u share cpx their values?

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Bellatores

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    And why didnt u share cpx their values?
    because not all members seem to have to same values in CPX, if you want. Ask me anything in PM

The First Encounter

The Second Encounter

VPN Elite

Well i can totally understand you because i left 2 clans when a retarded member joined

i wish u all the best with ur so called "clan"

Thread Information