Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

2014: NVIDIA Maxwell gen. (900 Series)

According to a report from Fudzilla, NVIDIA Maxwell based GeForce graphic cards will start shipping as early by March 2014. Maxwell which is NVIDIA’s next generation GPU that aims to deliver greater performance per watt was already anticipated to launch in 2014.

NVIDIA Maxwell Based GeForce Cards Shipping in March 2014

Sources of Fudzilla seem to confirm that GeForce graphic cards featuring the NVIDIA Maxwell GPU would hit etail and retail outlets by March 2014. This means the availability of GeForce cards which would feature the improved power efficient Maxwell GPU architecture in Q1 2014. Although its a great news to hear but we still can’t confirm whether the chip would be manufactured on 28nm or 20nm process. Some rumors point that the early samples will be based on the 28nm process while the high-performance NVIDIA Maxwell chips would feature the 20 nm core.

“Our multiple sources do agree on the Q1 2014 shipping to customers timeframe, but they are not aware if this is another 28nm or first 20nm graphics chip to hit the market. We can only speculate as we don’t know for sure at this point.” Fudzilla

It is possible that NVIDIA may unveil more information on their Maxwell core during the GTC 2014 (GPU Technology Conference) on 24th March 2014 so its going to be a pretty interesting event similar to AMD’s GPU14 where the announced their Volcanic Islands R200 series lineup. A few NVIDIA Maxwell GeForce chips have also been spotted which include engineering samples of GM108 and GM107 for notebooks which could possibly hint NVIDIA introducing their mobility lineup based on the 28nm architecture first and then introducing their 20nm desktop chips for both GeForce and Tesla markets.

NVIDIA Maxwell would be the first chips to feature a high-performance ARM CPU with multiple cores codename ‘Project Denver’ and also the first GPU to introduce a unified memory architecture, an approach which has been a success on the next generation consoles and especially the AMD APUs.

Alleged information regarding the NVIDIA Maxwell chips which include possible specifications and performance metrics were revealed a while ago which you can check here but i would advise you to take them with a grain of salt since they aren’t confirmed yet.

Read more: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-maxwell-b...#ixzz2qhLI7Mke

First Maxwell Card will be the GTX 750 Ti which is probably going to be released in February.
    source: https://www.sweclockers.com/

also according to different sources the GTX 790 is planned next month....
    Last edited by AmcoTraD; 19.09.2014 at 12:57.

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Advanced Member

Downloads: 10  Uploads: 0

Finally something worth replacing my GTX 690.

VPN Elite

yes the GTX 790 will have 4.992 Cuda-amounts and about 10GB GDDR5 VRAM but it does not belong to nvidas next maxwell generation... the performance will be probably a bit higher than 2x 770 in SLI.. nothing special.. i would rather wait for a GTX 880 to replace your GTX 690 (or buy 2nd 690)

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

fudzilla sometimes say bullshit,i think is hard but possible to build a gtx 790,maybe with 2*gtx770,and 10gb mean 5*2,strange amount,maybe 8 look more realistic? yep anyway better wait for next generation and new productive process

VPN Elite

This is being dritten down on different german sites Not on fudzilla

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

let's see,probably this 790 will be the first card that make possible play at 4k resolution with fluidity.

VPN Elite

what about 7990? its the fastest graphics card atm, it cant handle 4k?? xD

yep some games yes, 30-40 fps

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

badass

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Gospodski

Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

gud veri gud

Golden^_+Imperator

I don't like AMD CPUs and graphics cards (Radeons for example), they always were problematic for me. Intel and NVIDIA are the best components, so whatever NVIDIA do, i'm always on it.

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

VPN Elite

well NVIDA was much smarter than AMD and put PhysX in like every 4th game nowadays so if u buy AMD card u cant use PhysX and game looks very retarded and about CPU's they are very cheap and enough for office and media unless u choose AMD FX 8350 which is really badass overclocked but huge watts consumption and almost no software octa support comes with this poor bastard and its just on the performance level of an i5 or even below

so basically extreme gamers choice MUST be NVIDIA and Intel, just check this hall of fame, theres not a single AMD CPU

https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/

Golden^_+Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    well NVIDA was much smarter than AMD and put PhysX in like every 4th game nowadays so if u buy AMD card u cant use PhysX and game looks very retarded and about CPU's they are very cheap and enough for office and media unless u choose AMD FX 8350 which is really badass overclocked but huge watts consumption and almost no software octa support comes with this poor bastard and its just on the performance level of an i5 or even below

so basically extreme gamers choice MUST be NVIDIA and Intel, just check this hall of fame, theres not a single AMD CPU

https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/
    I can see
    I saw few computers with AMD CPUs but i can't describe the feeling when doing something cpu-consuming, it's just strange. And when you do it on Intel, it's rocket, looks like it's not giving a fuck by massive computing.

Also when i had Radeon graphics card, i had to install some 3rd party drivers to make it work on some regular games LOL!
    My bro have radeon now, and the driver stops sometimes, so he have to run game again... or something, because it resets... (i have to underclock it, so driver crashes less frequently)

AMD = always problems, can't describe this crap, slow turtle, lazy CPU don't want to compute and when it do, it can't do much more.
    NVIDIA, Intel = no problem, no give a fuck, when computing can handle few other things and still be rocking!

~Amco 2016

~Amco 2020

VPN Elite

NVIDIA uses real military class 3 elements while amd doesnt give a fuck about quality they just want performance for a short time and sell alot cheap cards

my old GTX285 operated more than 4 years in my system and i am sure the new owner of it will be happy for another 3 years xD

Agree,but i think in next future gpu will be so much more important than cpu,actually even in full hd a fx 8350 is more than enough and if don't play only is really great,probably when 4k will be like full hd,will be all more simple

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information