Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

so u have browns with white backlight now cellsperm?

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Alligator Pit

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    from what ive read those browns and reds and blues etc indicates the typing characteristics or?

@angelo great website, unique and really special but imo too retro looks, i might take a proper look again at the website tho
    Wasdkeyboards lets you fully customize every single key's individual look, feel, font, etc, so if you look around there you can make some pretty awesome-looking stuff. It is rather expensive as far as I know, but it's definitely worth it.

Also, check out this guide.
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Yes, white backlight and brown cherry mx type.

Feel like f36 diesel.

This guide is better: https://www.furiouspaul.com/articles/...-switches.html
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

VPN Elite

i think i will just order the same keyboard as cellsperm, just cannot decide between red or brown (tending to red)

brown: 85€
    red: 88€

before im gna order it im gna watch a product review on youtube first, thanks so far guys

- - - Updated - - -

roccat isku fx doesnt look bad either

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Director

I'd go for browns. Red's are linear, which means theres no exact feedback of key press actuation.

Copied from special guide:

My Opinion on these Key Switches!
    Now that you are educated on the different types of key switches that are available, I am now going to explain to you what each type of switch is best suited for. I might come off as a little bias, but just to let you know I have been using computers and mechanical keyboards for over 25 years. I am a hardcore gamer and always strive for perfection in everything I do.
    In short, I think the reds and blacks are worthless and that no one should purchase them simply because of the fact that you have no exact feedback of key press actuation. When I first got into the Cherry MX keyboards awhile ago, I tried all key switches with all different types of applications for long periods of time. I played many different types of games, from FPS, to RTS, to MMORPGs for days with each type of key switch. I find the Reds and Blacks are merely for lazy mindless gamers. However if you are looking for that cutting edge in your gaming, you are going to need the tactical feedback from the bumps (from the Blues or Browns), so you know exactly in your head which keys have been pressed and for exactly how long. I cannot stress how important this is in gaming!
    I cannot understand why any gamer would want to use the Red or Black keys for any reason whatsoever! Sure they say you can double tap faster, but you can double tap really just as fast on the Blues or Browns (while at the same time providing tactical feedback).
    I simply noticed a huge difference when switching from the blacks to browns after playing any game. It really is a big difference actually. I am simply way more efficient when using the Browns over the Reds or Blacks. And I consider myself a hardcore gamer and I do believe that any true gamer will benefit from using the Browns (or even Blues) over the Reds or Blacks any day.

So here is my strong recommendations for the uses of these key switches:
    Key Switch: For Gamer? For Typist? Clicky? Actuation force:
    Brown Yes, made for gamers (this is the winner for gamers) Yes, but without the clicky noise. No 55 cN
    Blue Yes, made for gamers (clicky noise can get annoying) Yes, these are made for typists Yes 60 cN
    Red Worthless! Worthless! No 45 cN
    Black Worthless! Worthless! No 60 cN

So Blues Vs Browns, Which is Better?
    When it comes to Blues vs. Browns, the difference here is the tactical sound you hear from the Blues, while the browns do not have any sounds to them (they are silent with no clicks). In my opinion gamers should always choose Browns. The tactical click sounds from the Blues are totally unnecessary and are totally optional. Overall the sound clicks from the Blues can annoy people around you and even after awhile can annoy yourself (like it does me). The bumps are really all the feedback you need to let you know a key has been actuated.
    There's still a personal preference here, but overall I think the Cherry MX Browns are the overall winner when it comes to the Cherry MX key switches. If you were to take your time and compare all the key switches, you too will most likely find that the browns work the best for just about everything.
    -
    -----------------

VPN Elite

he says red is for lazy mindless gamers; so me !

its sad i cant try it by myself anywhere in a store, ive never seen MX - keyboards in any stores...

still havent watched any review but after reading this article i am convinced already lol

Alligator Pit

Downloads:Uploads: 0

I honestly wouldn't recommend blues for gaming at all, just for typing. I have blues because I type a lot, but I don't play a lot of games. Sometimes when I do play games, I tend to keep my hands pressured on some keys sometimes causing me to accidentally hold down the keys because of the feedback that didn't click back yet.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Director

Yeah. That's the reason I've purchased Browns. This specific click from blues is totally unnecessary for me at least.
    -
    -----------------

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

he says red is for lazy mindless gamers; so me !

its sad i cant try it by myself anywhere in a store, ive never seen MX - keyboards in any stores...

still havent watched any review but after reading this article i am convinced already lol
    You can buy something like this: https://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/keybo...switch-tester/
    But it's a waste of money so IDK.. but better than buying an $90 kebo with a switch you hate.

Bellatores

Downloads: 25  Uploads: 0

since when is this not good enough anymore:

The First Encounter

The Second Encounter

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

For FPS games it's good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

if u don't play only with keyboard

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    Yes, white backlight and brown cherry mx type.

Feel like f36 diesel.

This guide is better: https://www.furiouspaul.com/articles/...-switches.html
    Nice guide there, thanks!

roccat isku fx doesnt look bad either
    Been extremely disapointed by Roccat since the Kone [+]... If I were you I wouldn't buy anything from them anymore, unless you wanna throw money with windows 8 months for...

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Evolta View Post
    since when is this not good enough anymore:
    It is enough, but mechanical keyboard feels so much better.. and I would say it made a bit better at platformer games
    Also, doesn't PS2 have N-key rollover? That's like, the most important thing for a gaming keyboard.

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Been extremely disapointed by Roccat since the Kone [+]... If I were you I wouldn't buy anything from them anymore, unless you wanna throw money with windows 8 months for...
    i made the same experience and have the same feeling about roccat since then

last keyboard i bought was a saitek cyborg for 85€ and after ive opened it to clean it i was disappointed like hell - 2 membrane foils with cheap plastic everywhere
    now when i spend 85€ on a mechanical keyboard i know at least it doesnt have those cheap membrane foils

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information