Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Even if it has some bugs fixed (I agree about netcode being the best) and so on, the thing about totally changed physics makes this game different. This game feels really different ... Like Q3 after UT2k4. Nobody wants to move into a different game. Except of Zeb89 and TE

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Hmm LOL I guess, it's like UT99 vs UT2004.. who wants to play 2k4 when you can like fly there lol.. But it's not much different in HD.. you still slide around like crazy and fall off every ledge.. they made crouch useless too.

BTW speaking of UT, did you see this? https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...eal-Tournament!
    They are making a UT4 yay

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Yeah I know about UT4, but I guess we have to wait 3 - 5 years more, the progress just started ..

Well now I got ya. I personally really love SS SE / UT2k4 cos it's possible to fly there, yeah And I can't stand with SS SE HD / UT 1 / UT 3 physics because for me it's pretty slow (even if SS SE HD's players movement is faster) .. I've been falling asleep when I've been playing UT 3 last winter ..

Afterall, everything depends from the taste, everyone is used to the different. Someone can call those jumps unprofessional .. He'll be right and wrong at the same time.

Advanced Membury

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Yeah I know about UT4, but I guess we have to wait 3 - 5 years more, the progress just started ..

Well now I got ya. I personally really love SS SE / UT2k4 cos it's possible to fly there, yeah And I can't stand with SS SE HD / UT 1 / UT 3 physics because for me it's pretty slow (even if SS SE HD's players movement is faster) .. I've been falling asleep when I've been playing UT 3 last winter ..

Afterall, everything depends from the taste, everyone is used to the different. Someone can call those jumps unprofessional .. He'll be right and wrong at the same time.
    Haha I see, I like more "sharp" movement where you can change direction really fast and don't slide so much.. HD has more of that than classic but still not enough. Should be like UT99, it's perfect there

Oh and the group thing would be nice, but Steam invites still don't work anyway and I doubt it would increase activity by much.

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

What's wrong with official SS-Rev group?
    __
    Sorry for oftopic, but HD DM sux a lot coz of VoteBan/Kick (u can be kicked by group of rage italian kids - zeb89 fans). The fact that HD players support zeb aka known cheater from SSClassic - made me puke. Also some weapons are overpowered for example minigun is more useful than shotty even on close range. Netcode is awesome!

Advanced Membury

Quote Originally Posted by CLICK View Post
    What's wrong with official SS-Rev group?
    __
    Sorry for oftopic, but HD DM sux a lot coz of VoteBan/Kick (u can be kicked by group of rage italian kids - zeb89 fans). The fact that HD players support zeb aka known cheater from SSClassic - made me puke. Also some weapons are overpowered for example minigun is more useful than shotty even on close range. Netcode is awesome!
    Agreed, but I think you can press F4 on yourself and stop them from votebanning you xD The game probably would have no one playing it if not for Zeb, that's why it's 99% Italians now And yea the netcode isn't perfect so it makes hitscan a lot more powerful than projectile weapons unless you are playing on your own server.

Gospodski

Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

It looks that I was right about SS: Rev.

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodnowsky View Post
    It looks that I was right about SS: Rev.
    please dont talk
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Gospodski

Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Why did you profags want a remake of classic with the same movement and physics and shit?
    u got it, but it isnt the case...

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Elite Member

Downloads: 42  Uploads: 0

It's so funny how's everyone complaing about the assumed missing activity on Revo. You guys only need to talk to eachother and spontaneously call other players to join any server. Steam entails so many advantages, sad that less people know how to use them. For clans, it's quite easy to organize matches. You nerds need to communicate...

SGI Clan

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

i want to start game and find servers full of players, (at least one-two servers like old ss) not wasting time calling each player, that would be completly impractical.
    If we had to make organized games we wouldnt have needed revolution either, just use old sam with ip and port

The Elite Warlord

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK SpiRiT View Post
    i want to start game and find servers full of players, (at least one-two servers like old ss) not wasting time calling each player, that would be completly impractical.
    If we had to make organized games we wouldnt have needed revolution either, just use old sam with ip and port
    It's nice to just have a quick look at Steam and see who is online and who is in-game. A Steam group is a fantastic idea for anyone interested in playing the game. I would say that it's impractical NOT to use the feature of steam groups.

Downloads: 17  Uploads: 0

Several of us have talked about what we will do if Sam Revo servers remain empty. We plan on having "Fight Nights" where everyone plans ahead what night and what maps to run. Advanced notice would be given via Steam and Facebook.

I hope this is not required, but if it is we will use it as a work around.

Post Tenebras Lux

Downloads: 10  Uploads: 0

They pretty much have the same system in place for Tomb Raider (2013). There's a group that frequently organizes MP gatherings. Most people (me included) only joined that group to get achievements that would otherwise be impossible to get though. That MP has worse netcode than Sam.

Anyway there's no negative aspect to creating one so why not. Call it 'Serious Sam: Revolution DM Multiplayer' or something meaningful. Or perhaps a group for all MP players (to not further diversify the playerbase) 'Serious Sam Classics: Revolution MULTIPLAYER'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information