Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FPS comparison

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

I noticed that overclocking graphics card doesn't matter, i use evga precission to overclock, and it gives me few fps on Heaven Benchmark , but using it on serious sam don't even give 1 signle frame so it's all CPU you need to overclock for that game, proof will come now

From what you can see that overclocking gpu i useless because ss use around 750mhz of gpu anyway (calculated by removing 135mhz because that's the value when sam is off)

So at the end i'd like to say that it's useless placing graphics card model here, better to place CPU model, or both
    Last edited by GraphX of GZ wow; 17.08.2014 at 19:34.

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

that explains. xD

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Advanced Membury

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Yeah I knew that much, CPU is usually the limiting factor for SS, especially since it only uses one core.

Golden^_+Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Yeah I knew that much, CPU is usually the limiting factor for SS, especially since it only uses one core.
    yep, true, if it was multicore, you'd have at least 2x better fps
    writing only 2x because even with SLI on graphics cards or Crossfires, connecting 2 cards or 4 won't give 2x better or 4x better fps

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

VPN Elite

i think its big bullshit what you were writing there

results depend mostly from gpu here..

overclocking maxwell cards is stupid anyway because Mhz doesnt matter there much as they work with a new bandwhich technology...

look at first page, fede has better cpu than me, same for simo, just my card is slightly better than their cards...

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Golden^_+Imperator

oh yes i forgot about cooperation between gpu and cpu but anyway, posting cpu is good idea

~Amco 2016

~Amco 2020

Molotow

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

I think I remember some guy named "slawww" had a thread once on sam-o-mania where you could configure your SS game to use more than one core... But that was long time ago...
    Been looking for that since ages, but no luck
    The immoral cannot be made moral through the use of secret law
    ~ E. Snowden

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Quote Originally Posted by [shooters] hero View Post
    I think I remember some guy named "slawww" had a thread once on sam-o-mania where you could configure your SS game to use more than one core... But that was long time ago...
    Been looking for that since ages, but no luck
    I'd find it but the site is offline for a few days .. Hope they will get it back

Golden^_+Imperator

https://superuser.com/questions/29380...use-multi-core
    After reading it, the engine of SS would need to be rewrited because it'd need to separate threads to multiple cores.
    If it's 1 thread only, it's useless to force SS to use more cores, it won't multiple fps, 1 thread won't spread into 2

Politician could know something about it
    Last edited by GraphX of GZ wow; 18.08.2014 at 20:37.

~Amco 2016

~Amco 2020

Molotow

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    I'd find it but the site is offline for a few days .. Hope they will get it back
    Hmmm, the site I'm talking about is longtime dead...https://ru.similarsites.com/site/3dgamers.ru
    The immoral cannot be made moral through the use of secret law
    ~ E. Snowden

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Golden^_+Imperator

Updating my laptop score

Code:
    GraphX Intel Graphics from Laptop
             Originally recorded: 2114 frames in 58.1 seconds => 36.4 FPS average.
                                  3095           58.1            53.2
         Without excessive peaks: 2017 frames in 50.0 seconds => 40.3 FPS average.
                                  3040           55.9            54.4
              High peak: 407.9 FPS
               Low peak:  14.4 FPS
         High sustained: 187.7 FPS (36 frames in 0.2 seconds)
                         157.6      35           0.2
          Low sustained:  17.3 FPS (50 frames in 2.9 seconds)
                          30.6      224          7.3

~Amco 2016

~Amco 2020

VPN Elite

that looks pretty low

VPN Elite

my card is still in energy save mode when i try to benchmark

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information